Ex-`Grey's' star cites racism for firing

You know I don't care what a person's race, religion, or sexual preference... We are all just plain and simply Human Beings...

For crying out loud... why is it so difficult for some people to learn that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...

Ultimately, it is all about being able to Accept Responsibility for ones own actions!

His handler/manager really needs to tell him to shut the **** up if he wants to work again. He's making a HUGE azz out of himself. He's not the only person to ever be fired, but, boy, he sure acts like it. :rolleyes:

For the record, I love Grey's and loved his character, however, I don't care for him as a person.

Why is it they always blame it on race? When they have nothing else to blame it on, they place the race card.

Why is it they always blame it on race? When they have nothing else to blame it on, they place the race card.

It NEVER fails for this to happen. If anything (other than something good) happens to a black person, well it's because they're black.
Get fired from a job, after making racist comments and losing viewers, it's because you're black.
Speed and get a ticket, it's because you're black.
Fail to pay your taxes and the IRS comes after you, it's because you're black.
I know I will be flamed for my comments but I am sick of this race card crap.

I saw something on ET, he's going to be playing a priest in a new series that airs in '08. I never watched Greys.
It's always a shame when race is used a "reason" for something. I agree, I feel everyone should be beyond that. Especially when it's obvious race had nothing to do with it.

You know I don't care what a person's race, religion, or sexual preference... We are all just plain and simply Human Beings...

For crying out loud... why is it so difficult for some people to learn that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...

Ultimately, it is all about being able to Accept Responsibility for ones own actions!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Exactly! Good post Angel.

It NEVER fails for this to happen. If anything (other than something good) happens to a black person, well it's because they're black.

Gee White, so every black person in America plays the race card eventually huh? Every single black person in the US must be a race card time bomb to you...

You know, I loved Isiah Washington's character on the show and I think he's a really good actor, but gosh darn it... What a jerk!

I liked him too, especially on the show and was willing to give him a break after his bigoted comments about Gays... He should of kept his stupid mouth shut, but no, he had to try and turn his awful comments around, now I could care less if I ever see him again. :loser:

I know nothing about this situation, but I can say...in my case I dealt with racism growing up. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's in your face. It causes you to be a little sensitive. It hurts. As a ninth grader, I attended a school that was 95% caucasian. I remember being in the hall after bell (going to class). There were also 3 caucasian girls grouped talking by their lockers...no intentions on going to class while I was rushing trying to get there. I was the only one directed to the office. Maybe race didn't play a part, but I sure felt like it did. Or, when a parent comes to meet me (I provide daycare part time in an almost all white neighborhood), the shock and disappointment on their face, is that b/c of race? I don't know. But it feels that way. I have never been and will never be the type to scream discrimination, but in my heart I've felt it.

Geesh! What do you mean by "they"? He was fired by the creator of the show who also hired him - Shonda Rhimes - a black woman. "He" is a jerk who decided to cry racism but, it is pretty easy to see that for what it is. He was fired because he is as big mouthed jerk - imo. So please, keep it about him and not "they"!

Geesh! What do you mean by "they"? He was fired by the creator of the show who also hired him - Shonda Rhimes - a black woman. "He" is a jerk who decided to cry racism but, it is pretty easy to see that for what it is. He was fired because he is as big mouthed jerk - imo. So please, keep it about him and not "they"!

Jannuncutt is now my favorite person of the day :clap: :clap: :clap:

In my opinion, I totally agree Mr. Washington has proved to be an a$$ to cry racism in this aspect. But more than one person in this thread have already claimed all blacks play the race card when things don't go thier way.

I saw something on ET, he's going to be playing a priest in a new series that airs in '08. I never watched Greys.
It's always a shame when race is used a "reason" for something. I agree, I feel everyone should be beyond that. Especially when it's obvious race had nothing to do with it.

I have a feeling that may have fallen through.... if he's decided to sue, it can't be good for this movie.

But, I can't understand how he is comfortable calling a gay man a derogatory name... and making excuses for it, and yet it's all about "racism" when something happens to him?

Excellent post and I completely agree! :clap: :clap:

I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan and I'm sad to see the character of "Burke" go, but not sad to see IW go.

I totally disagree that every black person plays the race card.

That is like saying that every hispanic is an illegal or that every white person living in the south is a redneck living in a trailor.

I am pretty sure that plenty of gay black men or women would not agree that this was about race.
This guy was a jerk and deserved to get fired for what he did.
I think based on his comments to his co-worker he has some hidden sexual tendancies that he himself cannot deal with.

THANK YOU!!! I am so tired of the bulls**t on these threads accusing every black person (excuse me I don't mean black people, I mean "they" :rolleyes: ) of "playing the race card." Give me a break. I love how an entire group of people get derided based on the actions of a portion. This is 2007 people. If you don't have enough love in your hearts to accept other groups of people or if you fail to see the danger in stereotypes maybe it is time to be enlightened. Or at least informed.

Get fired from a job, after making racist comments and losing viewers, it's because you're black.
Speed and get a ticket, it's because you're black.
Fail to pay your taxes and the IRS comes after you, it's because you're black.
I know I will be flamed for my comments but I am sick of this race card crap.

So that's what the negativity is in my life - I am Black. Go figure.

I totally disagree that every black person plays the race card.

I'm with you, Amra. I know many people that would never play the race card.

Personally, I think it's people like Jackson, Sharpton, etc. that make others think it's okay. I get disgusted when I see them on tv spouting off about race. But, the ones who look up and listen to these fools are the same ones that don't hesitate to throw the card out there.

I loved his character on the show, but after his bigoted comments I'm not going to be sorry to see him go.

Hi Luv! Good to see you.

I am not a racist (being of mixed race myself) but experienced a rough period of time when many, many blacks showed they too are just as racist as any other ethnic group can be. I lived through the L.A. riots and yes, there were racial insults and slurs directed at anyone who was not black and the excuse I heard from a lot of people was they were retaliating because the "cops got away with beating Rodney King because they were white and he was black". It was all about race, nevermind that RK had a record, tried to outrun the cops AND when finally caught refused to do what he was told.

I was attacked because I "look" caucasion. I was even told by a friend to be careful and when I told her to do the same the retort was "I don't have to worry because I'm black." She and I remained friends even after she made that comment because I know she didn't mean it in a bad way.

I heard enough retalitory racial comments against whites during that time to know that racism and homophobia aren't restricted to any one ethnic group.

Crying racism is something that is used when someone, anyone does not want to take responsibility for their own actions/works/inactions.

I still know many of those people and they have said they are sorry they let their emotions override their comon sense. Good people who just got caught up in the heat of the moment and let themselves be carried away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back