Britney Spears Serves Her Mom Papers To Stay Away From Her Kids

White Rain

Reaction score
Supposedly mom may have a pain pill addiction.

TMZ has learned Britney Spears gave her mom a present today -- a lawyer's letter -- and mom was none too pleased.

The video was shot in Valencia, Calif. this afternoon on a film set where Britney's younger sister Jamie Lynn is working. There are reports circulating that the papers are a restraining order, but TMZ has confirmed that is NOT the case. It is a letter from an out-of-state lawyer. By the way, Britney could not legally serve her mom with a restraining order if she was the one seeking it.

Sources say Britney feels that her mom turned on her in the days before she entered Promises rehab. She also feels Lynne Spears is not stable enough to be around Brit's kids because she may have her own "issues." We're told the letter bluntly asks Lynne to stay away from the children if she is taking any. more at link
http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/28/britney-to-mom-take-a-letter-from-my-lawyer/

another link:
http://x17online.com/celebrities/britney_spears/x17_xclusive_britneys_mom_talks.php

Smells like revenge to me...

Very sad. Britney, like Hilton, Lohann, etc., simply get rid of anyone who doesn't give them what they want, when they want it.

Horrible way to go through life, surrounded by shallow "yes" people.

I hope Lynn takes her to the cleaners and goes on to FINALLY live her own life.

Britney's kids don't stand a chance of happiness in life based on their beginnings.

IMO of course.

IMO of course.

Unfortuantely, I think you're right. It's a sad, sad thing when a child is used as leverage or revenge. In the end, it's the child that suffers the worst from it.

Bad Britney!

Brits Mum is more than likely the reason Brits is like she is- so she has a point but it wouldn't be her point, it would be someone else's- that girl is way too dumb to think about anything herself.

Very sad. Britney, like Hilton, Lohann, etc., simply get rid of anyone who doesn't give them what they want, when they want it.

Horrible way to go through life, surrounded by shallow "yes" people.

I hope Lynn takes her to the cleaners and goes on to FINALLY live her own life.

Britney's kids don't stand a chance of happiness in life based on their beginnings.

IMO of course.

I disagree. I've never been in rehab, but I'm pretty sure when you're there trying to overcome addiction they advise you to remove yourself as far as possible from other users/abusers for your own well-being, and hell, your kid's well-being.

This recent event could be Britney starting to take her rehabilitation seriously. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Britney's a classless twit. Not only did she pull this crap with her own Mom, but she did it on the set of her little sister's work. What did her sister do to deserve that?? Britney won't make it to 30. That's sad.

I disagree. I've never been in rehab, but I'm pretty sure when you're there trying to overcome addiction they advise you to remove yourself as far as possible from other users/abusers for your own well-being, and hell, your kid's well-being.

This recent event could be Britney starting to take her rehabilitation seriously. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.
I can confirm this Paladin.
We learned in rehab that where there is one person in a family with obvious addiction problems, ther are likely others with addictions. It is much harder to stay away from that kind of behavior if a parent is also a substance abuser, even if the child is grown.
If Mom is abusing prescription drugs Britt needs to have nothing to do with her. Likely Mom uses her grandchildren a an excuse to stay involved with Britt.
I am not a Brittany fan and I can't believe I'm even posting on this thread, but it is important to keep the conversation going when it comes to substance abuse. It is rampant, it is deadly, and trying to deny or hide it only fuels the fire.
Recovery is extremely tough and it is not instant, but it is attainable for someone determined to truly seek it.
I hope Britt is sincere.

Susan

I agree with Paladin.

I really feel bad for any young child like Brittany and her sister that had parents that sold their child out to hollywood fame and fortune.

Its rare that such kids grow up normal and well adjusted.

That's very true Paladin, but several reports say that Britney is drinking again...which doesn't sound like recovery to me.

That's very true Paladin, but several reports say that Britney is drinking again...which doesn't sound like recovery to me.

Ah, well that's a shame. Did she specifically go to rehab for alcoholism or for something else?

Like I said, I have no experience with rehab. If you go to rehab for something like pain medications, do they rehab you against ALL drugs? I realize that alcohol can be used to self-medicate, but maybe she's more responsible with alcohol than she is with pain meds.

Also, everything posted by me just now is assuming alot. I really try not to follow Britney Spears or Paris Hilton or anyone else of that ilk in the news. So my knowledge on their behaviors is pretty much all suppositions.

Just curious, are Britney's mom and dad still together? You don't see them together very often if they are.

I really feel bad for any young child like Brittany and her sister that had parents that sold their child out to hollywood fame and fortune.

I can see one show, one album, it shouldn't be their entire life. There shouldn't be concert tours, etc. for minors. If they need to hire a tutor on set than the child is too young to be on set! We don't allow children to work in factories, perhaps we shouldn't be letting them work in that industry either.

Ah, well that's a shame. Did she specifically go to rehab for alcoholism or for something else?

Like I said, I have no experience with rehab. If you go to rehab for something like pain medications, do they rehab you against ALL drugs? I realize that alcohol can be used to self-medicate, but maybe she's more responsible with alcohol than she is with pain meds.

Also, everything posted by me just now is assuming alot. I really try not to follow Britney Spears or Paris Hilton or anyone else of that ilk in the news. So my knowledge on their behaviors is pretty much all suppositions.

Well, she went for the works (booze and drugs) and rehab is for the works. If someone is an alcoholic and stops drinking, but starts taking xanax hand over fist or smoking dope, they are using. If someone is a drug addict and stops using, but starts have cocktails, they are using.

Both NA and AA - which is where they send you after treatment - consider use of alcohol or drugs to be a relapse. AA deals with the disease of alcoholism and NA deals with the disease of addiction, but both fellowships agree on the basics - using any mood or mind-altering substance means you are drinking/using and addicts/alcoholics don't have the ability to drink/use like normal folks.

From what I know Britney is a common garden variety addict - which is what I am. I don't believe she has the ability to be responsible with any mind or mood altering substance.

You said it, South. If she's really still drinking, she's still in the woods and I doubt the real reason she wants Mom out of the picture is because of her so-called recovery. Having her for a daughter would probably drive me to pain pills - LOL. I feel for her mother, from what I heard she actually tried to provide some stabilty for those kids when things went haywire. Of course, Mommy was a stage manager, not a mommy, so what does she expect?

Eve

She may or may not be drinking again - in any case she was filmed by the paparazzi AGAIN, climbing from the front seat of a vehicle into the back seat and exposing her a$*. This time, at least, she wore panties.

Too bad they don't have some kind of rehab for bad judgement.

It also may not be her mom's fault. The younger sister, so far, seems like she's holding together. Sometimes people get so full of themselves they only surround themselves with yes men. Brittany's going through some kind of retarded adolescence and trying not to "miss out" on the good times.

Well, there have been reports of her drinking and partying post-rehab, so I don't think she takes her 'rehabilitation' seriously at all. JMO

Well, there have been reports of her drinking and partying post-rehab, so I don't think she takes her 'rehabilitation' seriously at all. JMO

That's my opinion too. I don't think she wanted to go to rehab in the first place and that is one of the reasons she is so angry at everyone involved in getting her to go there. If a person doesn't want to be in rehab, then they sure has heck don't stand a chance making it afterwards.

My heart is with Britney, but I think she has a long ugly road ahead of her.

I am and always will be a Britney fan.

I don't agree with a lot of things that she does....but with that said, what do you expect from someone who is named "The World's Most Powerful Celebrity" when she is 20 years old! :waitasec:

I feel like she is living the Truman Show...

It's a catch 22 for BS isn't it?

If she sends the letter to her mom some see it as her trying to get petty revenge. Or that she's using her kids against her mom.

For others it may look like BS is finally trying to be a responsible parent and protect her children from someone who is using perscription drugs that alter her mother's mental state (like ANS) and may pose a risk to her children.

I think I'm more angry at what the mother has done, for 1 pushing Brittany and now her younger sister into show business instead of just letting them be kids and trying to live through their accomplishments. Moms like her (thankfully) are rare. They don't care about their kids happiness but about satisfying their own fantasy's of stardom and recognition.
In yet another bid for attention IMO her mom leaked, or gave the letter out to play the "victim"....pretty pathetic.

It's a catch 22 for BS isn't it?

If she sends the letter to her mom some see it as her trying to get petty revenge. Or that she's using her kids against her mom.

For others it may look like BS is finally trying to be a responsible parent and protect her children from someone who is using perscription drugs that alter her mother's mental state (like ANS) and may pose a risk to her children.

I think I'm more angry at what the mother has done, for 1 pushing Brittany and now her younger sister into show business instead of just letting them be kids and trying to live through their accomplishments. Moms like her (thankfully) are rare. They don't care about their kids happiness but about satisfying their own fantasy's of stardom and recognition.

I agree. Other parents to do this include Dina Lohan, Joe Simpson and keep an eye out for Heroes starlet Hayden Pantierre's (sp?) overbearing mother. I would also include Beyonce's parents to this list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back