Thread: Veggie Booty snack food recalled

Post Veggie Booty snack food recalled

A popular snack food sold nationwide is being recalled because of concerns about contamination.

All lots and sizes of Veggie Booty Snack Food are being recalled, the company said, following a report of 51 cases of salmonella poisoning that may be associated with the product.

Georgine Hertzwig of Robert's American Gourmet in Sea Cliff, N.Y., said the company acted after the Food and Drug Administration contacted them about the illnesses in 17 states.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_he_me/veggie_booty_recall&printer=1

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Oh no, more food recalls.. I buy their cheese snacks and I actually have a bag at home. I hope the cheese puffy things are not part of this recall..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

YIKES. Veggie Booty is my favorite. I have a bag too. Salmonella? It's an airy puffy thing with green brocoli and kale dust on it (I know doesn't sound good but it is). Why did I think salmonella had more to do with poultry, eggs etc?

We love the Tings and Pirate's Booty...haven't tried the Veggie Booty yet, thank goodness.

Scary when even the health food aisle is dangerous.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

I don't think I've ever heard of Veggie Booty. I was hoping there might be a picture of the bag or something. I don't think they sell it where I live. Does it come from a specialty store or something?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard of Veggie Booty. I was hoping there might be a picture of the bag or something. I don't think they sell it where I live. Does it come from a specialty store or something?
    lizzybeth,
    I never heard of it either,until I visited my son in California just last week. That was the only snack my son and DL would allow my one year old grandson to eat,and he loves it! As soon as I heard about it this morning,I made sure to call them.

Although I never heard of the product before,several people I talked to said it is apparently in the "healthy foods" aisle in the grocery stores.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Never heard of it before...funny name for a food.

I've been giggling all day at work because the AOL main page, which is our assigned "home" page, has had "BOOTY RECALL" as the headline. HEEHEEHEE!

HaHa!!! I Love It!!! "Booty Recall"

Here is a link that shows the picture of the snack bag.
    Have never heard of them myself.
    http://www.komotv.com/news/health/8251012.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I've been giggling all day at work because the AOL main page, which is our assigned "home" page, has had "BOOTY RECALL" as the headline. HEEHEEHEE!
    LOL! I wonder if some folks enjoy these snacks during Booty Calls?

Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    lizzybeth,
    I never heard of it either,until I visited my son in California just last week. That was the only snack my son and DL would allow my one year old grandson to eat,and he loves it! As soon as I heard about it this morning,I made sure to call them.

Although I never heard of the product before,several people I talked to said it is apparently in the "healthy foods" aisle in the grocery stores.
    So funny! We had never heard of it either until we were in CA last week also. (It was all I could do not to PM Nova!) My SIL had the Tings and Pirate's Booty at my nephew's 1yo birthday party. It is a little bit healthier version of Cheetos or Cheese Puffs, I suppose. They are really yummy. We didn't try the Veggie Booty.

I have been looking for the Tings, but so far no luck. Mom found the Pirate's Booty at Publix in the health food section.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

LOL! I wonder if some folks enjoy these snacks during Booty Calls?
    Ok I give....What's a Booty Call?

Well......I'll just dig into my pork rinds and buffalo jerky. Can't trust those veggies, LOL.

PS. Never heard of them.....

Quote Originally Posted by ronniejo View Post
    Ok I give....What's a Booty Call?
    When some one calls or comes over for a little bit of "lovin"

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess View Post
    Well......I'll just dig into my pork rinds and buffalo jerky. Can't trust those veggies, LOL.

PS. Never heard of them.....
    LOL, as I'm stuffing peanuts into my mouth and eyeing my sons Twix bar