GA GA - Robert Ashworth, 24, Cartersville, 9 March 2005

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
I really need your help with this case!!
[SIZE=3[COLOR=#006400]Robert Lee Ashworth II [/COLOR][/SIZE]

ashworth_robert.jpg
ashworth_robert2.jpg
ashworth_robert3.jpg

Above Images: Ashworth, circa 2005
bar.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: March 9, 2005 from Cartersville, Georgia

Classification: Missing

Date of Birth: May 21, 1980

Height and Weight: 6'3, 180 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Ashworth's nickname is Red. He has two brown streaks in his left eye, his left ear is pierced, and he has scars on his shin and on top of his head. Ashworth has the following tattoos: a sunburst with an eight-ball in the center of his upper left arm, the name "Lynda" on the back of his neck, the name "Cali-Lee" on his right forearm, and the cartoon character Ren on his chest.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Ashworth was last seen at approximately 8:45 p.m. on March 9, 2005 in the vicinity of the 100 block of Market Place Boulevard in Cartersville, Georgia. He was in the company of two male individuals in a white late 1980's model Chevrolet pickup truck with an orange tailgate and large silver toolbox. He has never been heard from again. Ashworth has four children. His loved ones say it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning and they fear he met with foul play. Few details are available in his case.

The Bartow County Sherrifs Dept. claims Robert is alive and well, however, he has not had contact with his children or anyone else since missing and his child support has gone unpaid.

Apparently there is some debate over whether he is missing voluntarily or not. His family believes he is dead and the sheriffs dept. says he is alive and well. However, his family states there was a rumor out just two days before he went missing that there was a "hit" out on him. Too much of a coincidence.....I would appreciate any help I can get in researching this case!

Robert has 5 children by three different women before he went missing. None of these women has been paid child support since he went missing. His family believes he is dead and the Bartow Co. Sherrifs dept believes he is alive and well. Is there a way for one of these mothers of his kids to go after collecting back child support and who would track him down??? I just need ideas! You can listen to his story on www.missingpieces.info

Here is an agency that will track down parents that owe child support:

http://www.childsupport.com/

"We can help even if you don't know the present location of the missing parent, since locating parents is our specialty.

CSN has a complete location department staffed by experienced professionals, including former sheriffs officers and licensed private investigators. Our operation utilizes state-of-the-art computer equipment and database software covering everything from property ownership to drivers licenses and civil court records."

"Under our no collection, no fee plan our fee is earned only from money actually collected for you, and our fee is a percentage of the money collected. We don't get paid until you do!"

"We can help even if you don't know the present location of the missing parent, since locating parents is our specialty.

CSN has a complete location department staffed by experienced professionals, including former sheriffs officers and licensed private investigators. Our operation utilizes state-of-the-art computer equipment and database software covering everything from property ownership to drivers licenses and civil court records."

"Under our no collection, no fee plan our fee is earned only from money actually collected for you, and our fee is a percentage of the money collected. We don't get paid until you do!"

This is the company I initally used. They did get me a settlement. They finally gave up, after 2 yrs of no payments after the settlement. IIRC they took 15%, no $$ upfront, only if they collect.

There are 3 baby mommas involved and none of them have filed yet. But I just talked to his sister Tonya and one of them has agreed to file a case. I am hoping this will help us get Bartow County PD to talk!

I just had to copy and paste this!

Search is on for missing men
Families reach out for help to find their loved ones
Jerry M. Gutlon
Staff Writer
Published April 21, 2005 11:47 PM CDT

The family of a missing 24-year-old area man is appealing to the public for any information concerning his well being and whereabouts.
Cartersville resident Tonya Wells said family members reported Robert Lee Ashworth II missing March 18. The family hasn't heard from Ashworth since March 11.
Ashworth is the second missing person reported to the Bartow County Sheriff's Office this week.
"The last time we saw him was Friday, March 11," said Wells. "That was also the last time we spoke with him."
She said Ashworth was supposed to travel to Chattanooga, Tenn., that day to work on a four-day-long landscaping project.
The other missing man, Clyde D. Stewart, hasn't been in touch with his family since March 31. Stewart shares a home with his mother, Jessica Martin, who reported him missing Tuesday.
Martin could not be reached for comment.
For the full story, please read The Daily Tribune News

Hello everyone, my name is Tonya. I am Robert's oldest sister.

There are alot of 'rumors' and 'speculation' going on about Robert. Some people will say that he is alive, and well, and living in Florida. There are those who say he is dead, wrong place, wrong time, saw something he should not have, and/or got involved with people that were bad news from the get-go. Our police department reufuse to help us, and they will deny even knowing my brother. This happens to be the same police department that is under trail now for selling stolen guns, & drugs, and laundrying(?) money.
shocked.gif

There are two other men that we believe to have some sort of connection, as they went missing, one just 4 months prior, and the other, 2 weeks after my brother. They all knew the same people, and in all of the men's research that has been done, not suprising, the same group of names/people come up, who are believed to be involved with what happened.

There is SO MUCH to all of this, that to be able to get any answers, and/or clues, we NEED the publics help. I am willing to answer any questions to those of you who may have them. I just beg for someones help, somewhere, someone knows something!!!, and I pray they have the courage to come forward. They could remain annonymous, I could care less. I just want my brother home, We miss him.
cry.gif

Have a look at his MySpace page: www.myspace.com/robertleeashworth_red

Maybe you have seen him. MAYBE you have heard something about him. Please help us with anything you know, or thought and or ideals. Look at his pictures, and you will see how much he meant to his family, and how involved with us he was. HE WOULD NEVER JUST LEAVE, & NOT COME BACK.

I just had to copy and paste this!

Search is on for missing men
Families reach out for help to find their loved ones
Jerry M. Gutlon
Staff Writer
Published April 21, 2005 11:47 PM CDT

The family of a missing 24-year-old area man is appealing to the public for any information concerning his well being and whereabouts.
Cartersville resident Tonya Wells said family members reported Robert Lee Ashworth II missing March 18. The family hasn't heard from Ashworth since March 11.
Ashworth is the second missing person reported to the Bartow County Sheriff's Office this week.
"The last time we saw him was Friday, March 11," said Wells. "That was also the last time we spoke with him."
She said Ashworth was supposed to travel to Chattanooga, Tenn., that day to work on a four-day-long landscaping project.
The other missing man, Clyde D. Stewart, hasn't been in touch with his family since March 31. Stewart shares a home with his mother, Jessica Martin, who reported him missing Tuesday.
Martin could not be reached for comment.
For the full story, please read The Daily Tribune News

Robert's mother was NOT notified by Bartow Co. sheriff's office that her son had been identified. She had to read the above newspaper article to find out!

O.C.G.A. § 35-1-8

GEORGIA CODE
Copyright 2007 by The State of Georgia
All rights reserved.
*** Current through the 2007 Regular Session ***
TITLE 35. LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS AND AGENCIES
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
O.C.G.A. § 35-1-8 (2007)
§ 35-1-8. Acquisition, collection, classification, and preservation of information assisting in identifying deceased persons and locating missing persons

(a) It shall be the duty of every law enforcement agency to:

(1) Acquire, collect, classify, and preserve any information which would assist in the identification of any deceased individual who has not been identified after the discovery of such deceased individual;

(2) Acquire, collect, classify, and preserve immediately any information which would assist in the location of any missing person, including any minor, and provide confirmation as to any entry for such a person to the parent, legal guardian, or next of kin of that person and the agency shall acquire, collect, classify, and preserve such information from such parent, guardian, or next of kin;

(3) Exchange such records and information as provided in paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection with other law enforcement agencies of this state, any other state, or the United States. With respect to missing minors, such information shall be transmitted immediately to other law enforcement agencies; and

(4) Report any case of an unusual illness, health condition, or death, or an unusual cluster of such events, or any other suspicious health related event to the Department of Human Resources and the appropriate county board of health.
(b)(1) For purposes of this subsection, "facility" means a facility pursuant to Chapter 3, 4, or 7 of Title 37, relating to treatment of mentally ill, mentally retarded, and alcoholic or drug dependent persons, or an institution classified as a nursing home pursuant to Code Section 31-7-1.

(2) A person hospitalized or resident in a facility shall be considered to be a missing person at the time such person's unaccounted for absence from that facility is reported by that facility, either by telephone or in writing, to a law enforcement agency.

(c) Any law enforcement agency which receives a report that a person who has Alzheimer's disease or other mental illness involving dementia is missing shall immediately open an investigation for the purpose of determining such person's whereabouts; and no policy for applying any waiting period prior to initiation of a missing persons investigation shall apply in the case of a person who has Alzheimer's disease or other mental illnesses involving dementia.

HISTORY: Code 1981, § 35-1-8, enacted by Ga. L. 1984, p. 690, § 1; Ga. L. 1985, p. 1128, § 1; Ga. L. 1992, p. 6, § 35; Ga. L. 1997, p. 1504, § 1; Ga. L. 2002, p. 1386, § 10.

Robert's mother was NOT notified by Bartow Co. sheriff's office that her son had been identified. She had to read the above newspaper article to find out!

I'm confused. Was he identified? Is there a link to the newspaper article?

I'm confused. Was he identified? Is there a link to the newspaper article?
I am very confused, too. I didn't read anywhere that anyone was identified. Please always include the links to the info you are posting.

So is he alive or not?

Also, on this other missing man...if they know the female friend where he was dropped off by a family member and he was seen driving off with...why is there no mention from her about the next place they went and what happened?! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=219893851

Good question, Seriously Searching.

I am very confused, too. I didn't read anywhere that anyone was identified. Please always include the links to the info you are posting.

So is he alive or not?

Also, on this other missing man...if they know the female friend where he was dropped off by a family member and he was seen driving off with...why is there no mention from her about the next place they went and what happened?! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=219893851

Sorry for the confusion! This is a very complicated case. I do not have a link for the article cause it is not available online in archives. I have it saved in Jpeg format. I can email it to you so you can see it.

Basically, BCSO is saying he was identified and therefore alive and said when they did the traffice stop he told them he did not want contact with his family. The problem is that it could have been someone using his ID and saying that so no one would be looking for him. Bartow has closed his case and refuses to re-open it. They say he is alive and well. Ummm.... his child support has gone unpaid and this was a man who was very devoted to his kids. Also, if he was in the witness protection program, which we have heard rumors he may be, then why would his children go without support?

He wouldn't be using his name if he was in a protection program for starters.

The officer would have been able to see for himself it was him according to what pulled up on his system and would know. I would say he simply wanted out of paying all that support for his children. Men walk away for much less and I know many that walk away from child support. Sorry, but it is where I see this case, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back