1144 users online (177 members and 967 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    331

    Laura Ingle mugged on air

    Youtube link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8M34t0M1Y&v3


    The guy took the microphone and not the iPhone.

    .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by aingael View Post
    Youtube link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8M34t0M1Y&v3


    The guy took the microphone and not the iPhone.

    .
    Oh my goodness - I am having such a blonde day! I read this and thought, who would rob Laura Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie)? See what happens when I don't get enough sleep?

    I work right by one of the Apple stores and there have been people camping out for that damn phone for well over a week.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    LOL, look at the guy at the end of the video, looks like he wants to grab it too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Hey, I think I heard the F word! Alert the censors.

    What an idiot. Mug someone while they are on the air. D'oh.

    Thanks for sharing, aingael!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    heehee that's pretty bizzaro. Right on national TV..brilliant.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    502
    I would never mess with a cameraman or soundman...those are some pretty mean dudes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    Oh my goodness - I am having such a blonde day! I read this and thought, who would rob Laura Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie)? See what happens when I don't get enough sleep?

    I work right by one of the Apple stores and there have been people camping out for that damn phone for well over a week.
    LOL...I thought the same thing...Laura Ingalls...LHOTP!

    Our local news was interviewing a guy that showed up yesterday morning so he'd be the first in line for this phone. I thought he was nuts! I'd never wait a week for the thing...

    I watched that video...wow, what a nutball. I think I heard Laura say that the guy that grabbed her microphone had been taken away.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches View Post
    LOL...I thought the same thing...Laura Ingalls...LHOTP!

    Our local news was interviewing a guy that showed up yesterday morning so he'd be the first in line for this phone. I thought he was nuts! I'd never wait a week for the thing...
    I thought so too until I heard our webmaster talking about buy four (I think that's the limit per customer) for $500/each and selling them on eBay for $1500 each. He plans to camp overnight, which isn't bad for $4 grand.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I thought so too until I heard our webmaster talking about buy four (I think that's the limit per customer) for $500/each and selling them on eBay for $1500 each. He plans to camp overnight, which isn't bad for $4 grand.
    I'd not do it...even for 4 grand, but that's just me.

    But that does explain why some people are willing to spend so much time waiting in line for this product.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    3,052
    I heard the limit at an Apple store is one iphone and at AT&T it's two.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    You know what will be funny? In about a year they will sell for $29.95 and a bunch of people will feel duped. LOL!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    You know what will be funny? In about a year they will sell for $29.95 and a bunch of people will feel duped. LOL!
    Heard a cute parody on the radio last week. Coming out with "ads", each one proclaiming that the previous "version" introduced hours before was now "obsolete". The joke went on through about 6 or 7 "new and improved" and "added features". It was a hoot......

    I'm just getting around mastering my Razr. I haven't totally mastered downloading music to my Ipod yet. Not ready for an I-Phone any time in the near future. One tech writer interviewed suggested everyone wait about 3 months for Apple to iron out any bugs.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    You know what will be funny? In about a year they will sell for $29.95 and a bunch of people will feel duped. LOL!
    LOL...and that could very well happen.