1144 users online (177 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

Laura Ingle mugged on air

Youtube link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8M34t0M1Y&v3

The guy took the microphone and not the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by aingael View Post
    Youtube link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8M34t0M1Y&v3

The guy took the microphone and not the iPhone.

Oh my goodness - I am having such a blonde day! I read this and thought, who would rob Laura Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie)? See what happens when I don't get enough sleep?

I work right by one of the Apple stores and there have been people camping out for that damn phone for well over a week.

LOL, look at the guy at the end of the video, looks like he wants to grab it too.

Hey, I think I heard the F word! Alert the censors.

What an idiot. Mug someone while they are on the air. D'oh.

Thanks for sharing, aingael!

heehee that's pretty bizzaro. Right on national TV..brilliant.

I would never mess with a cameraman or soundman...those are some pretty mean dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    Oh my goodness - I am having such a blonde day! I read this and thought, who would rob Laura Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie)? See what happens when I don't get enough sleep?

I work right by one of the Apple stores and there have been people camping out for that damn phone for well over a week.
    LOL...I thought the same thing...Laura Ingalls...LHOTP!

Our local news was interviewing a guy that showed up yesterday morning so he'd be the first in line for this phone. I thought he was nuts! I'd never wait a week for the thing...

I watched that video...wow, what a nutball. I think I heard Laura say that the guy that grabbed her microphone had been taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches View Post
    LOL...I thought the same thing...Laura Ingalls...LHOTP!

Our local news was interviewing a guy that showed up yesterday morning so he'd be the first in line for this phone. I thought he was nuts! I'd never wait a week for the thing...
    I thought so too until I heard our webmaster talking about buy four (I think that's the limit per customer) for $500/each and selling them on eBay for $1500 each. He plans to camp overnight, which isn't bad for $4 grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I thought so too until I heard our webmaster talking about buy four (I think that's the limit per customer) for $500/each and selling them on eBay for $1500 each. He plans to camp overnight, which isn't bad for $4 grand.
    I'd not do it...even for 4 grand, but that's just me.

But that does explain why some people are willing to spend so much time waiting in line for this product.

I heard the limit at an Apple store is one iphone and at AT&T it's two.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

You know what will be funny? In about a year they will sell for $29.95 and a bunch of people will feel duped. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    You know what will be funny? In about a year they will sell for $29.95 and a bunch of people will feel duped. LOL!
    Heard a cute parody on the radio last week. Coming out with "ads", each one proclaiming that the previous "version" introduced hours before was now "obsolete". The joke went on through about 6 or 7 "new and improved" and "added features". It was a hoot......

I'm just getting around mastering my Razr. I haven't totally mastered downloading music to my Ipod yet. Not ready for an I-Phone any time in the near future. One tech writer interviewed suggested everyone wait about 3 months for Apple to iron out any bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    LOL...and that could very well happen.