Deathbed Confession of a Murderer

angelwngs

Reaction score
Clarence William Sanders confesses to his wife of 26 years that he is not who she thinks he is, rather he is an escaped convict from the Georgia Chain Gang...

~Snip from article for copyright~
HUBBY'S CHILLING DEATHBED CONFESSION: I'M A KILLER

As he lay dying in his hospital bed, Bill Sanders called his wife Mary to his side and told her a dark secret he'd kept hidden from her for 26 years...he was a killer who'd spent his life on the run! "My name isn't Bill Sanders," he whispered as she leaned closer to hear his barely audible voice. "It's Charles Henry Perry - and I've been on the run from the law.

"I escaped from a chain gang in Georgia where I'd been sent to jail for manslaughter. A man owed me money and wouldn't pay. We got in a fight, and he hit me with a pipe wrench. I stabbed him with a knife - and killed him."

Mary couldn't believe what she was hearing.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/crime/63399

Just from what you state in your post, it sounds like a case of self-defense not manslaughter. I wonder why he served prison time??

Georgia and many other southern towns were known for their corrupt brand of justice.

My guess is that the guy who died in the fight knew someone high up in that corrupt political environment.

Georgia and many other southern towns were known for their corrupt brand of justice.

My guess is that the guy who died in the fight knew someone high up in that corrupt political environment.

Could be, or it could be one of those he was a bootlegger and I was a bootlegger and we were both on a week long drunk and he owed me money and we got into it and it got out of hand...sort of things that went on back in the late forties and fifties in Georgia....One guy ended up dead and the other ended up doing time for the mistakes of both...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back