Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

Seahorseladydi

Ethan’s momma forever
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Family, friends mourn Tigard boy
Ethan Hansen, 5, dies after a falling tree limb strikes him during a camping trip
The Times, Jun 26, 2007, Updated Jun 27, 2007

Tigard Times
118299406621404800.jpg

Ethan Hansen
TIGARD – People all over the metro area have been following the sad saga of a Tigard family whose young son was killed by a falling tree while they were camping at Elks Park near Mulino.

And now one of the Portland Trail Blazers has stepped forward to pay for the boy’s funeral and memorial service.

Just before 11 p.m. Thursday, a large limb from a cottonwood tree fell across one end of the tent in which 5-year-old Ethan Hansen was sleeping with several other children.

Other campers raced to lift the huge limb off the boy and provide emergency medical care before he was transported by LifeFlight to Oregon Health and Sciences University Hospital.

The family, which includes parents Chris and Diana Hansen and their older son Paul, remains in seclusion but has designated close family friend Margi Seitz as their spokeswoman.

Seitz said that she first met Diana when she hired her for daycare. “She was my daycare lady, and now she’s my sister,” Seitz said.

The two women have children about the same ages who play together, and the families go on joint camping trips.

“We went camping together every weekend last summer,” Seitz said. “One time we came back, and a pipe under their new dishwasher burst, and their house was flooded. They lived with us for six weeks.”

However, last week, Seitz and her husband Jason did not go camping with the Hansens but two of their children did join the outing.

******* Ethan IS my son.... I just want to share our little man with everyone as he has touched SO many people! We are having service for him on July 21st here in Tigard, Oregon ********* Thank you, Di Hansen

seahorseladydi,

Oh, I don't know what to say. I am sooooo sorry. I can't imagine your pain right now. I am sending prayers your way. Bless you. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

OH dear Lord and Bless your heart. I am so sorry for you and your whole family.
We would love to know as much about him as you would like to share.
Peace to you seahorseladydi :blowkiss:

ETA: and thank you so much for sharing his organs. That is truly inspirational.

I just want to add that I think you are wonderful people to donate your sons organs. Now, because of your thoughtful and unselfish decision, your son organs are saving the lives of others. THANK YOU. And again, bless you.

Oh geez, I don't even know what to say- a friend of a friend went camping last year with her children, she woke to find her youngest dead in her bed- more than likely a snake bite, she was only 4.

My heart goes out to you Seahorse, sincerely Narla.

Di, what a beautiful gift and a glorious tribute to Ethan in donating his organs. If and when you are ever ready to share with us things about your dear boy, we will be here to listen. And, if ever you need a friend, we will be here in any way that you need us. I am subscribing to your thread and will get instant email when ever anyone posts. I will check your thread often and anytime I get an email notification that someone has posted. You and your family are in my heart and in my prayers:blowkiss:.

Lion

What an incredibly gorgeous little boy! I am so very sorry for your loss! He is so very adorable; I will pray for your wonderful memories of him to sustain you. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and your willingness to donate your dear son's organs that others may have a chance to continue on!

Di, I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful little boy. May you and your family recall all the glorious memories you shared with your boy. I pray for peace and comfort for your family.

My daughter received the gift of life from a family of a 14 year old boy. I wanted you to know that I am so greatful and thankful for that gift. Every time I look at my DD, I think if this boy and his family and am filled with awe and thanksgiving that in a family's time of need, others were thought of. Thank you to your family for giving the most precious gift of your son, Ethan.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear beautiful son. Many prayers to you and your entire family.

My deepest condolences goes out to you and your family and friends. Words could never begin to express that pain that you are going through with the loss of your precious son.

I am so sorry to hear this news, Seahorseladydi. What a tragedy! Ethan looks like such a sweet child.

My heart goes out to you and your husband and to all of your family and friends.

My heart breaks for you Seahorselaydi. Thank you for being brave enough to share your loss. Let others know what you need. Forgive, forgive, forgive and celebrate life. That's all we can do during these times. My prayers for you and your family.

I am so terribly sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

He looks SO happy...my heart is breaking for him/you/your family. It is SO sad to hear of the death of any child, so full of life and promise...I'd gladly give my life for any of them.
SO SO SO Sorry...MANY prayers for you, your son, and your family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back