Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teen who survived attack leaps to death *merged threads*

Teen who survived attack leaps to death *merged threads*

The northwest Houston (Spring, Tx) boy who was brutally beaten and left for dead by two other teens in what many felt was a racially motivated attack leaped to death from a cruise ship. Here's the story so far:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4936066.html

He had already undergone 30 surgeries and two trials. This is such a tragic ending.

Oh that is sooo sad. What a heavy load for such a young man Very tragic ending.

My heart breaks for this boy. He survived a brutal physical attack, but perhaps what he went through combined with the surgeries and two trials was just too much for him. This is beyond sad to me.

Lion

I will never forget what he went through. I'm so sorry he killed himself. It must have been difficult dealing with all he had on his plate.

RIP, David.

This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

The family is being very tightlipped right now. He was definitely into a partying lifestyle as a younger teen, so it's hard to tell if he just continued that and was inebriated or otherwise impaired, or if he was depressed and purposefully (even if impaired at the time) meant to kill himself.

I was so amazed he managed to survive that brutal attack. I am just so sad about the ending to this story.

This poor teen had suffered enough. I prayed he would heal and live a normal life. No one knows what he was going through.
    May God bless his soul.

The Houston Chronicle story mentioned that he had refused psychiatric care
    after the attack. I feel certain that was a terrible mistake for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I agree, and that is another tragedy. I do not know if there are laws concerning this or not, but the two slimes that beat him, left him for dead, and caused that boy to need 30 surgeries should be held and charged as accomplices in his death.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    I agree, and that is another tragedy. I do not know if there are laws concerning this or not, but the two slimes that beat him, left him for dead, and caused that boy to need 30 surgeries should be held and charged as accomplices in his death.

Lion
    I couldn't help but think the same thing. He may have physically recovered, but this also damaged him in so many other ways.

I am just sick that young people are so cruel to each other.

I remember when so many , including many here, were praying for this poor kid to survive. It almost didn't seem possible that he could.

Now this.

It's just so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I couldn't help but think the same thing. He may have physically recovered, but this also damaged him in so many other ways.

I am just sick that young people are so cruel to each other.
    Me too, Taximom. I recall hearing a recent report on the news(sorry, I cannot recall where), that people(kids!) are becoming more violent at a younger age. I think this is true, and I think we need to take a hard look at it, determine the cause(s) and change it. This poor boy's senseless attack and resulting suicide hurts deeply.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post

Lion
    I think they received life or close to life sentences for the original assault.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I agree. He really needed therapy to get through this.

This is too tragic for words....... (We should have an emoticon with tears...)
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

OMG.

I have followed this from when the news of the attack first broke. I am just sickened by this. Literally nauseated. That poor, poor boy. If he did jump on purpose, in a way, those bastards that did that to him, murdered him. JMHO.

This news article gives a little more information about the original attack.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5440655

Here is the link to the original thread about this in Crimes in the News:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=38974&page=8

There is a lengthy thread in the Crimes forum. The info about his death is updated there too.

Perhaps the Mods can combine the two threads.

Well, here's hoping that these two thugs are sodomized by a thousand demons with fiery stallagtites for all eternity before being handed over to Satan!

What a real shame.

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by calus_3 View Post
    Well, here's hoping that these two thugs are sodomized by a thousand demons with fiery stallagtites for all eternity before being handed over to Satan!

What a real shame.

Cal
    Well put.

This poor young man was so deeply damaged by this attack. Words cannot even express how sad I am over this. I wish he had gotten therapy...I wish this never happened to him. My prayers to all his loved ones.

I forgot about this story until I read this thread. I hope he has found peace in death that he couldn't find in life.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Prayers for this young man and his family. I cannot imagine having to live with the memories of that day and always wondering (knowing) if people were whispering and pointing behind your back. The attack he survived was so horrific.

I hope he finally has peace.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

How truely heartbreaking. I am so sad for this young man. Rest his soul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast