1263 users online (284 members and 979 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Mark Schwab facing execution for the '91 murder of Junny Rios-Martinez

TITUSVILLE, Fla. Death row inmate Mark Dean Schwab is a "scientific mystery" who should be spared execution so he can be further studied to prevent other pedophiles from raping and killing children, his attorney said in a motion for clemency.
    Schwab, 38, was sentenced to death for the 1991 kidnapping, rape and murder 11-year-old Junny Rios-Martinez of Cocoa. Schwab, who had recently been released from prison for raping another child, targeted Junny after seeing his picture in a newspaper.
    "As long as he's alive he is available for psychological research, examinations and evaluations, which could in the future prevent a person from becoming so fully mis-oriented as to commit a crime that Mr. Schwab stands guilty of today," Titusville attorney Kenneth Studstill wrote in a petition to be reviewed by the Office of Executive Clemency.
    Studstill wants Schwab's death sentence commuted to life in prison. Studstill did not immediately return a phone message left at his law office on Sunday.
    Junny's family plans to urge Gov. Charlie Crist in September to carry out the death sentence. No death warrants have been signed in Florida since the Dec. 13 execution of Angel Diaz, 55, took twice as long as usual.
    more at link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287620,00.html

Give me the needle, I'll do it myself! **eyes rolling** Geez!!!!! I just can't believe the gull - you know, at least say you were mentally incompetent or some other competely false reason to try to get out of it, since that is all you're trying to do (and then let the justice system turn you down). I have NEVER heard such a reason - that attourney is really reaching there, isn't he? I hope this poor family gets justice. What is so sad is that if they hadn't let this guy out, this child wouldn't have ever been victimized!

State Attorney Norman Wolfinger said Schwab can still serve science in death.
    <snip>. "I have no objection if they want to study him after he receives his injection."

I thought the same thing.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

<snip>. "I have no objection if they want to study him after he receives his injection."

~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

works for me.

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    If the scientific study of pedophiles is deemed useful I'm sure they could pick one in any of the many states that don't have DP. I don't see anything special with this particular bozo that would single him out. It's just a desperate maneuver, attorneys have to earn their money I suppose. If I was this guy's attorney I'd do the same I guess, and hope it would be denied of course. I don't envy public defenders who have to pretend they don't despise some of the scumbags they get stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
    If the scientific study of pedophiles is deemed useful I'm sure they could pick one in any of the many states that don't have DP. I don't see anything special with this particular bozo that would single him out. It's just a desperate maneuver, attorneys have to earn their money I suppose. If I was this guy's attorney I'd do the same I guess, and hope it would be denied of course. I don't envy public defenders who have to pretend they don't despise some of the scumbags they get stuck with.

I had the same thoughts as you about them being able to find other pedos to study.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Everyone should read his appeal to see how cunning he is. I don't think it's too hard to see that he simply will go to whatever means necessary to groom a child (and their family) so as to gain time alone with them to carry out his sadistic fantasies.

http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/200514253.pdf

No study is needed. This guy needs to go!

Also, shame on the judge who did not give him the life sentence he deserved for the earlier case! Junny might still be here if he had.

An Act was named for Junny:

Junny Rios-Martinez Act of 1992

http://missingchildprevention.wordpr...z-act-of-1992/

I agree with Karl. There are several pedophiles out there, but this guy also killed the child he raped. He isn't sentenced to death for the rape, but for the killing.

I don't see anything unique about this creep.
    This is a ploy that attorney's have used before in order to try and save their clients.

While his lawyer is pleading to Gov. Christ .. I plan on doing my own pleading.
    Anyone who wishes to join me can drop him an email via this link..

http://www.flgov.com/contact_form

Gov. Christ use to be the State Attorney General so I don't think he will be doing any hand holding of some scum bag like this.

Oh PLEASE. If they haven't figured anything out in 16 years, they aren't going to now. Goodbye, Mark!

I would like to suggest they study his brain AFTER he's dead and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
    You know, I'm no fan of the death penalty and I do think people who behave as aberrantly as this DPer should be studied in detail, both before and after physical death, but I surely don't see this attorney's argument winning any favor.

But I am grateful for people like this attorney who are willing to uncover every angle before someone is out to death. It is pretty sad when the only legal argument you can make is "he's such a rotten apple with no redeeming social value that the best thing we can do with him is make him a science project."
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

this is your brain.

this is your brain after being studied for being a pedophile.

SPLAT

study his brain on microscope, he's a destroyer of children and there IS no higher crime in my opinion.
    adults get themselves murdered and assaulted by making decisions to be at said place and time, and don't bother me very much, kids have no choice, they trust the grownups (and i use the term loosely) implicitly to always have their best interest at heart.

if i was the judge, i would order him killed and his brain studied in great detail. chemically, not sitting in a nice air conditioned office playing mental games with a doctor.

my pennies, two of em, mine to do with as i please.

;-)

~lightwaveryder~

update http://www.news4jax.com/news/13707460/detail.html
    Mark Dean Schwab, 38, is scheduled to be executed Nov. 15, Crist said. Schwab was sentenced to death in 1992 for the kidnapping, rape and murder of 11-year-old Junny Rios-Martinez of Cocoa. He targeted the boy after seeing his picture in a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Oh PLEASE. If they haven't figured anything out in 16 years, they aren't going to now. Goodbye, Mark!

I would like to suggest they study his brain AFTER he's dead and gone.
    Thats what I was thinking Taximom.....they can study it after they take it out of his skull.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast