A tropical wave that emerged from the coast of Africa late last week.....

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
So we begin.........
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=706&tstamp=200707

A tropical wave that emerged from the coast of Africa late last week is now near 8N 35W, way out in the middle of the Atlantic. This wave has heavy thunderstorm activity and some counterclockwise spin to it, as seen on both visible satellite loops and QuikSCAT. Wind shear is 10-20 knots, and is forecast to fluctuate between 10 and 30 knots in the region over the next two days. Sea surface temperatures are 27-28 C, which is warm enough to support some tropical development. Dry air does not seem to be a hindrance, as the Saharan Air Layer is about 150 miles to the north of the wave. The GFS model does indicate a tropical depression might form here,

That reminds me that we still have some supplies to buy.

TY for the post BB

Ya know I cringe every time I read of this every summer.

Let's pray that this turns into just a tropical storm and heads right for us--although everything is lush green here now, Lake Okeechobee is at 8.88 feet,the lowest in history(should be at 15 feet)--5 million of us depend on the lake--we need a tropical storm to make a beeline for Lake Okeechobee and just sit there for days and days and fill that damn lake up lol---so bring on the tropical storms! We Need Them now!

Peter if a hurricaine were to hit its safer for the lake to be low.
They actually deliberately drain some it it when a hurricaine may hit as the threat of flooding if the walls break is a serious risk.

Let's pray that this turns into just a tropical storm and heads right for us--although everything is lush green here now, Lake Okeechobee is at 8.88 feet,the lowest in history(should be at 15 feet)--5 million of us depend on the lake--we need a tropical storm to make a beeline for Lake Okeechobee and just sit there for days and days and fill that damn lake up lol---so bring on the tropical storms! We Need Them now!
Be careful of what you wish for, Peter. I've seen what "just" a tropical storm can do. I hadn't been in the Houston area long when tropical storm Allison hit in 2001. When it was all over, 22 people had died and it had caused close to 5 billion dollars worth of damage in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back