1211 users online (248 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sir Elton Has a Hissy Fit

Sir Elton rages as princes' security guard makes him walk to post-gig party

As a member of rock 'n' roll royalty, Sir Elton John does not take kindly to being outranked.

Not even by Princes William and Harry.

So when his chauffeur-driven people carrier was stopped because of royal security around the Concert for Diana, the veteran singer flew into one of the rages for which he is renowned.

"Get out of my ****ing way," he screamed at a policeman. "Don't you know who I am? I've been working all ****ing day and I need to get to my ****ing dressing room."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23402732-details/Sir+Elton+rages+as+princes'+security+guard+makes+h im+walk+to+post-gig+party/article.do

OMG, you guys, the photos alone are worth a look at the article!!! ROFL!!!!
    That jacket sleeve design looks like a big pigeon pooped on him.

englishleigh,
    You are right...looks like pigeon poop to me.

LOL - did you read the first comment?:

"I think the excersize could do the "Fat Boy" some good!

He should be required to always walk from the car park to his dressing room."

Well at least I got to find out why he was late in closing the show - technical difficulties. I felt so sorry for that comedian who had to try and fill in the gap after his act.

To take up for Elton...maybe he's right, he may have been working hard all day...what do Wills and Harry do all day? I ask in all honesty, as I truly do not know. I think one of them (Harry) went into the military, but as for Wills I have NO idea...
    I know Elton does alot for the AIDS/Pediatric AIDS foundations so I respect him for that. I have had a ton of respect for him since reading Elizabeth Glaser's (wife of paul glaser, Starsky and Hutch star) book "In the abscence of angels." Such a sad book and a brave and courageous woman!

Article says Elton's song "Crocodile Rock" had to be cut short--Thank God for that anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    Article says Elton's song "Crocodile Rock" had to be cut short--Thank God for that anyway
    Well, that's right, he's not American Peter, you know the best music came out of America...................not....oh that's right I am forgetting about Elvis...wish his songs had been cut short- lol

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    I love to listen to his music. I don't think he was any more of an important artist than anyone else there who had to get out and walk. Important in contributions of $$$$$ to AIDS research, something the Princess supported.

I am so sick of celebs image of self importance. Elton, Paris, Brittany.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

I guess I'll defend Elton, too. I love Elton, think he is great, not only is he talented, but he has done massive, massive amounts of humanitarian work. I don't think everyone should bow down and kiss his butt, but I think he has certainly EARNED respect, and not just because he can play piano and carry a tune. I really think he has dementia or something, because I don't remember ever hearing of him acting out like this until the last few years, before that I always heard how pleasant he was.

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee View Post
    I love to listen to his music. I don't think he was any more of an important artist than anyone else there who had to get out and walk. Important in contributions of $$$$$ to AIDS research, something the Princess supported.

I am so sick of celebs image of self importance.Elton, Paris, Brittany.
    lol- not that famous that you spelt her name right, love it who's Brits anyway-

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee View Post

I am so sick of celebs image of self importance. Elton, Paris, Brittany.
    Me too- liked alot of his stuff ( but not that I do very often)

Hey me too- lol

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    The shoes look like the same pigeon got them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I guess I'll defend Elton, too. I love Elton, think he is great, not only is he talented, but he has done massive, massive amounts of humanitarian work. I don't think everyone should bow down and kiss his butt, but I think he has certainly EARNED respect, and not just because he can play piano and carry a tune. I really think he has dementia or something, because I don't remember ever hearing of him acting out like this until the last few years, before that I always heard how pleasant he was.
    Maybe he does have dementia, what with him having to ask someone if they know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    englishleigh,
    You are right...looks like pigeon poop to me.
    That had to be a BIG pigeon! lol

I love all his music, too, especially "Someone Saved My life Tonight"....my all-time favorite song. But he should relax a little and stop being a prima donna diva, especially after singing at his dear, late friend's benefit concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    What's wrong with Croc Rock? I love it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast