Sir Elton Has a Hissy Fit

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
Sir Elton rages as princes' security guard makes him walk to post-gig party

As a member of rock 'n' roll royalty, Sir Elton John does not take kindly to being outranked.

Not even by Princes William and Harry.

So when his chauffeur-driven people carrier was stopped because of royal security around the Concert for Diana, the veteran singer flew into one of the rages for which he is renowned.

"Get out of my ****ing way," he screamed at a policeman. "Don't you know who I am? I've been working all ****ing day and I need to get to my ****ing dressing room."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23402732-details/Sir+Elton+rages+as+princes'+security+guard+makes+him+walk+to+post-gig+party/article.do

OMG, you guys, the photos alone are worth a look at the article!!! ROFL!!!!
That jacket sleeve design looks like a big pigeon pooped on him.

englishleigh,
You are right...looks like pigeon poop to me.:p

LOL - did you read the first comment?:

"I think the excersize could do the "Fat Boy" some good!

He should be required to always walk from the car park to his dressing room."

Well at least I got to find out why he was late in closing the show - technical difficulties. I felt so sorry for that comedian who had to try and fill in the gap after his act.

To take up for Elton...maybe he's right, he may have been working hard all day...what do Wills and Harry do all day? I ask in all honesty, as I truly do not know. I think one of them (Harry) went into the military, but as for Wills I have NO idea...
I know Elton does alot for the AIDS/Pediatric AIDS foundations so I respect him for that. I have had a ton of respect for him since reading Elizabeth Glaser's (wife of paul glaser, Starsky and Hutch star) book "In the abscence of angels." Such a sad book and a brave and courageous woman!

Article says Elton's song "Crocodile Rock" had to be cut short--Thank God for that anyway

Article says Elton's song "Crocodile Rock" had to be cut short--Thank God for that anyway

Well, that's right, he's not American Peter, you know the best music came out of America...................not....oh that's right I am forgetting about Elvis...wish his songs had been cut short- lol

I love to listen to his music. I don't think he was any more of an important artist than anyone else there who had to get out and walk. Important in contributions of $$$$$ to AIDS research, something the Princess supported.

I am so sick of celebs image of self importance. Elton, Paris, Brittany.

I guess I'll defend Elton, too. I love Elton, think he is great, not only is he talented, but he has done massive, massive amounts of humanitarian work. I don't think everyone should bow down and kiss his butt, but I think he has certainly EARNED respect, and not just because he can play piano and carry a tune. I really think he has dementia or something, because I don't remember ever hearing of him acting out like this until the last few years, before that I always heard how pleasant he was.

I love to listen to his music. I don't think he was any more of an important artist than anyone else there who had to get out and walk. Important in contributions of $$$$$ to AIDS research, something the Princess supported.

I am so sick of celebs image of self importance.Elton, Paris, Brittany.

lol- not that famous that you spelt her name right, love it :D who's Brits anyway- :rolleyes:

I am so sick of celebs image of self importance. Elton, Paris, Brittany.

Me too- liked alot of his stuff ( but not that I do very often)

Hey me too- lol

The shoes look like the same pigeon got them!

I guess I'll defend Elton, too. I love Elton, think he is great, not only is he talented, but he has done massive, massive amounts of humanitarian work. I don't think everyone should bow down and kiss his butt, but I think he has certainly EARNED respect, and not just because he can play piano and carry a tune. I really think he has dementia or something, because I don't remember ever hearing of him acting out like this until the last few years, before that I always heard how pleasant he was.

Maybe he does have dementia, what with him having to ask someone if they know who he is.

I love all his music, too, especially "Someone Saved My life Tonight"....my all-time favorite song. But he should relax a little and stop being a prima donna diva, especially after singing at his dear, late friend's benefit concert.

I agree Lanie. I think so too. :(

The policeman really kept his cool. I imagine they had to be extra vigilant with the terrorism attacks and the Diana Concert being a likely possibly target.

Elton had a bad and long day, obviously; shouldn't have lost his temper and been arrogant, but he did. Don't know if he's always pompous, but like some have pointed out, he's done alot of good in the world.

If I had that kind of talent, it'd probably go to my head also. His lily outfit is somthing else!

Has anyone seen the movie (Bio Pic) called Tantrums and Tiaras? Staring Elton? OMG he thinks he's the Queen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back