GUILTY MA - Bryan James & Jessica Silveria for child abuse, New Bedford, 2007

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
NEW BEDFORD, MA (AP) -- Police were searching Tuesday for a man they say bit off the lip and ear of his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter in attacks that left her so mutilated doctors could not fully repair the damage.

Warrants were issued for Bryan James, 34, and the child's mother, Jessica Silveria, 26. Authorities believe the couple are in hiding.

"The child suffered human bites to the face in which she lost the upper part of her lip," police said in a news release. "In addition, her ear was so mutilated that surgery could not return it to its natural state. The child also suffered other human bites on her body."
============
more @ link.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=85817

WHAT!!!
I have never hear of such a thng...what drugs were they on! That poor baby...:( I am soooo, soooo sick of hearing about babies mistreated, killed and abused....:banghead: :banghead:

WHAT!!!
I have never hear of such a thng...what drugs were they on! That poor baby...:( I am soooo, soooo sick of hearing about babies mistreated, killed and abused....:banghead: :banghead:

This is horrible, and I hope both parents face the max when caught. the man is an evil slime, and so is the mother. With this brutal, severe, and bizarre abuse, I bet this poor girl has been repeatedly abuse since the day she was born. I pry for that little girl that she can heal and is raised by a loving, stable family. This just makes me sick inside.

Lion

Another disgusting mom picking her sicko hubby-boyfriend over her child. God, when this will end? I was a single mom for 4-5 yrs and no matter how lonely/stressed I felt I never once picked a man over my two girls. Shame on anyone who does.
I hope these two monsters and anyone like them are caught and prosecuted to THE fullest extent of the law, which unfortuntaely won't be nearly enough justice for this poor child and others like her, imo.

Also meant to add, once caught mom will most likely blame it on the boyfriend and abuse of herself and get the poor kid back in no time, only to hook up with some other loser who will abuse the child also, if not worse than the former.

This is beyond sickening......

Methamphetamines. That is the only explanation besides pure evil that I can think of for this horrendous act. What a "man"......resorting to the manly tactics of having to bite a little three year old girl. What a "woman"....letting a "man" like him into the lives of her children. Very impressive examples of the human species. :loser: Most of you have probably seen this, but if you haven't check out the link posted below and click on the "Faces of Meth" display. It shows what happens with this evil drug. I can't for the life of me understand why there is an epidemic of meth abuse. Why would anyone choose to do it? It is equivalent to choosing to get addicted to sewer water IMHO. :sick:

www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/default.html

Methamphetamines. That is the only explanation besides pure evil that I can think of for this horrendous act. What a "man"......resorting to the manly tactics of having to bite a little three year old girl. What a "woman"....letting a "man" like him into the lives of her children. Very impressive examples of the human species. :loser: Most of you have probably seen this, but if you haven't check out the link posted below and click on the "Faces of Meth" display. It shows what happens with this evil drug. I can't for the life of me understand why there is an epidemic of meth abuse. Why would anyone choose to do it? It is equivalent to choosing to get addicted to sewer water IMHO. :sick:

[URL="http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/default.html"]www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/default.html[/URL]

Because in the beginning when you use it, it makes you feel high, happy, energetic and in control.

I agree that both these adults look like they could be meth addicts. This is the saddest story. I pray they are both caught soon and that the child ends up with caretakers whi are able to love her and keep her safe.

OMG, I looked at the pictures and I was shocked............

I want to *SHRED* that guy! :furious:

LE often sees biting in serial killing cases.

As much as I think this *advertiser censored* should be the cause for the use of the electric chair ....... I think the egg donating female deserves sooooo much worse. Can we all say *advertiser censored*?

LE often sees biting in serial killing cases.

As much as I think this *advertiser censored* should be the cause for the use of the electric chair ....... I think the egg donating female deserves sooooo much worse. Can we all say *advertiser censored*?

I feel exactly the same way. I hope that little girl now has a chance in this world, and that she is raised by people who love her. As bad as this was, if they had not done this to her she may have ended up staying with those pigs only to sustain more mental and physical damage.

Lion

What a horrendous story! My prayers for the little girl to find a loving home and peace in her life. I hope they catch these s.o.b.'s and put 'em away for as long as they legally can (and then some!!). :behindbar

WHERE do these people come from?!?!?!?! Are we breeding with packs of wolves somewhere and I am not aware?! Sickening! They both need to rot in jail from now on!

OMG :eek: I'm appalled. I'm with SeriouslySearching, may they both rot and suffer for eternity.
That poor little girl, may she be placed with a loving family. Her mother should never get custody of her again.

Another disgusting mom picking her sicko hubby-boyfriend over her child.

I'm glad she fled with him. If she had stayed, she stood a chance of someday getting the girl back. By fleeing, it will be much less likely- even if she claims abuse etc. And this woman should never get her back.

After more than 24 hours on the run, a New Bedford mom and her live-in boyfriend, who is accused of biting and mutilating the woman’s 3-year-old girl, were arrested this afternoon, according to police.

snip...Silveira, who also has a 5-year-old boy, is accused of covering up the abuse and lying to social service workers, health care workers and police, according to police. James is accused of assaulting the child.

The Department of Social Services was notified of an initial complaint of abuse of neglect in January, said spokeswoman Denise Monteiro.

The agency worked with the family and removed the two children in early May after the 3-year-old was hospitalized, said spokeswoman Denise Monteiro.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=1009651

Neighbors are denying it could happen. The girl had bite marks not just on her lip and ear, but other parts of her body.

It is believed the biting started in Jan. Children's services began investigating neglect in Jan. But the kids were not removed until May.

aother story on this. http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070703/NEWS/70703013

Capt. Spirlet said police believe the boyfriend caused the injuries and the child’s mother tried to conceal them from authorities.
The Juvenile Unit of the New Bedford Police Department was notified on May 17 of the abuse to the child.
Capt. Spirlet said police feel the abuse started sometime in January and continued for several months.
Detective Chris Cotter noticed during his investigation that the mother was keeping information from the state Department of Social Services and other health care workers.
The captain said police feel Ms. Silveira was not truthful about how her daughter received the injuries. Police said they noticed “numerous inconsistencies” in her statements to them.
Police said the mother brought the child into a medical facility and the child was referred to Children’s Hospital in Boston.
Police said both of Ms. Silveira’s children are now in DSS custody

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back