1402 users online (342 members and 1060 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Scientists Test DNA On Hubby's Underwear For Signs OF Cheating

LANSING, Mich. — A state forensics scientist who said she tested DNA in her husband's underwear to find out whether he was cheating could be disciplined if investigators determine she violated the use of state equipment.
    Ann Chamberlain-Gordon of Okemos testified in a March 7 divorce hearing that she ran the test in September on the underwear of Charles Gordon Jr. Asked by his attorney what she found, she answered: "Another female. It wasn't me."
    She also said during a May 25 hearing in Ingham County Family Court that she ran the test on her own time with chemicals that were set to be thrown away.
    Michigan State Police, which oversees the Lansing forensics lab where Chamberlain-Gordon works, started to investigate her after her husband's attorney wrote to authorities and media outlets questioning how many times DNA tests have been improperly run.
    Investigators expect to decide by next week what they found. Her duties have not been restricted during the investigation, state police spokeswoman Shanon Akans said Tuesday. more @ link
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287994,00.html

I read this earlier and my first thought was "I wonder which WS member this is?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    I read this earlier and my first thought was "I wonder which WS member this is?" lol
    Not me, luckily I can trust my hubby...but honestly if I were able to do these kinda tests and distrusted hubby I'd probably do the same. And end up in the same boat as this other woman! Nah, actually I'd be facing assault & battery charges.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Not me, luckily I can trust my hubby...but honestly if I were able to do these kinda tests and distrusted hubby I'd probably do the same. And end up in the same boat as this other woman! Nah, actually I'd be facing assault & battery charges.
    I think almost everyone would have done the same. We all get little "perks" where we work... but I guess if someone "rats" you out the company has to look stupid and say, "I didn't know..."

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    LOL..You are too funny chico! White Rain...I would be in for assault too. Jerk!

Awww, dear old hubby got BUSTED! At least now she has scientific proof that he is a scumbag!

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Me too, White Rain, me too. I know it's improper and all that jazz, but I also know I'd do it if I had the ability and had some questions....
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Can you blame her? They say women just 'know' when something is up and how many husbands are going to fess up without proof? She had access to resources to find the truth so good for her.

Jubie

Ok are we the same group of people who complained about a DP inmates last dinner???
    This women doing this not only cost money but also delayed the tests needed to potentially solve other cases.

I agree that it is wrong, but I am also honest enough to admit I'd have probably done the same thing. Sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    Ok are we the same group of people who complained about a DP inmates last dinner???
    This women doing this not only cost money but also delayed the tests needed to potentially solve other cases.
    LOL - I was actually all in favor of that inmate getting some pork chops!

Okay, this woman used supplies that were going to be thrown away AND she did it on her time off, so how did she delay results for other cases and how did she cost money (other than perhaps using the electricity or water supply in the building)?

I have handled personal issues on my company's electricity and water bill....

If you are to the point of doing DNA tests on your husband's underwear, it's too late: your marriage is already over.

Am I the only one who thinks a bit of trust (and a sense of boundaries) is essential to a marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    If you are to the point of doing DNA tests on your husband's underwear, it's too late: your marriage is already over.

Am I the only one who thinks a bit of trust (and a sense of boundaries) is essential to a marriage?
    Well maybe she wants to go for the jugular, money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post

Agreed 100%. BUt if you're in the field she's in, it may be second nature to want forensice proof to back up your suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex View Post
    Well maybe she wants to go for the jugular, money wise.
    In this day, and age, there's nothing like having DNA proof.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast