Girl Seriously Injured in Swimming Pool Mishap

angelwngs

Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS — A six-year-old girl has been hospitalized after a horrifying accident at a swimming pool, when she sat on an open drain and a powerful suction pump tore out part of her intestinal tract. A surgeon told the family Wednesday that part of her intestines had been lost.
Abigail Taylor was severely injured Tuesday when she sat over an open drain hole in a wading pool at the Minneapolis Golf Club, according to a posting by her family on the Caring Bridge Web site.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288182,00.html

I couldn't stand to read it-poor thing!

That is awful just to think about. Poor girl.

Have yall heard any updates as to how the little girl is doing? I saw this on Nancy Grace and it really surprised me that this happens quite a lot! Poor thing...she and her family are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

I wish this could be moved to the Up To The Minute section. I hate to think of this poor little girl as bizarre, it is so tragic.
I'd like to know how she is doing as well. Any updates?

I just hope this little girl will be just fine I couldnt image the pain this poor little girl felt!

I pray that this little girl recovers. On the news, before they knew she was getting a transplant, but knew that she needed one, they interviewed her and she said she wanted a transplant so that she could eat a donut again. It just broke my heart!!
I hope she gets her wish!!

This happens sometimes. Poor child. I have heard of this before and also heard of girls getting their hair caught as well.
I hope the little girl is o.k..

I can't believe Fox calls this a "mishap?!"

To me, a mishap is when you stumble or stub your toe... Anyway, I hope this poor girl is OK; that is so sad, I couldn't even read the whole story.

Presidential candidate, John Edwards, wrote a book with John Auchard called Four Trials. Edwards was a personal injury attorney who won a case for a family that this very same thing happened to. I thought the company or companies responsible had redesigned and/or recalled the pumps so this wouldn't happen again. So sad to hear about a needless tragedy.

Story begins on page 178

Presidential candidate, John Edwards, wrote a book with John Auchard called Four Trials. Edwards was a personal injury attorney who won a case for a family that this very same thing happened to. I thought the company or companies responsible had redesigned and/or recalled the pumps so this wouldn't happen again. So sad to hear about a needless tragedy.

Story begins on page 178
One of the two drain covers on our pool came off before we had it a year. The reason? The nationally known company installed the covers with screws which rusted and loosened, and our automatic pool cleaner dislodged it easily time after time.

My husband has swam into the deep end of the pool many times to replace the stupid cover. Now, he says it's broken and cant be replaced. I think this would be a good time to buy a new drain cover.
The only good thing is that if someone SAT on ours, they would be in 8 ft deep water.

the worst part is ...

this was in a KIDDIE'S pool !!!!!!

a drain uncovered/improperly covered in a kiddie pool ?!?!

Poor baby. RIP Abigail.

Abigail Taylor, the 6-year-old girl whose injury in a swimming pool led to federal legislation to make pools safer, died Thursday evening, her family's attorney said. (more at link)

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S386363.shtml?cat=1

I did not expect to see this. I thought I was going to see an update on how well she was doing. Prayers for her family and may she RIP beautiful little girl.

I did not expect to see this. I thought I was going to see an update on how well she was doing. Prayers for her family and may she RIP beautiful little girl.

I know, me either. I feel like I just got socked in the stomach. Poor baby.:(

Same here, I thought it was going to be good news, not sad news ... lots of prayers for this family...

I too thought it would be an update on her recovery, but wasnt expecting to find that she had passed, prayers to her family and friends.:blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back