Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: WA - Zina Linnik, 12, Tacoma, 4 July 2007 *merged*

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    Incest at a level one though is probably two consenting adults, so it doesnt' indicate any kind of pedophiliac tendencies.
    I beg to differ with you:

Pierce County court records show he was convicted of first-degree incest in 1990.

The victim was a teenage relative.

The man underwent a court-ordered psychological evaluation as part of that case and was diagnosed with pedophilia, according to court records.

“He is an angry and poorly controlled man with a plethora of psychological, emotional and behavioral problems,” according to a report compiled for the court by evaluator Michael Comte.

No trace of missing girl found | TheNewsTribune.com | Tacoma, WA

Also:

In 1990, he was charged with second-degree rape after violently raping a 16-year-old relative, according to Pierce County Superior Court records. He agreed to undergo 60 months of sexual-deviancy counseling in exchange for pleading guilty to the lesser charge of first-degree incest. He completed his program successfully.

Local News | Missing girl's family waits in house that's too quiet | Seattle Times Newspaper

This person is a violent pedophile who should have been deported right after his sentence. Instead, he got his wrist slapped and was allowed to stay in the US. And now he’s the only person of interest in an abduction. Do you still think this was consensual incest?

He should have been considered a sexually violent criminal. But he slipped through the cracks and now a little girl may be paying for the shortcomings of the justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rle7 View Post
    Pierce County court records show he was convicted of first-degree incest in 1990.

The victim was a teenage relative.

The man underwent a court-ordered psychological evaluation as part of that case and was diagnosed with pedophilia, according to court records.

He is an angry and poorly controlled man with a plethora of psychological, emotional and behavioral problems, according to a report compiled for the court by evaluator Michael Comte.

No trace of missing girl found | TheNewsTribune.com | Tacoma, WA

Also:

In 1990, he was charged with second-degree rape after violently raping a 16-year-old relative, according to Pierce County Superior Court records. He agreed to undergo 60 months of sexual-deviancy counseling in exchange for pleading guilty to the lesser charge of first-degree incest. He completed his program successfully.

Local News | Missing girl's family waits in house that's too quiet | Seattle Times Newspaper

This person is a violent pedophile who should have been deported right after his sentence. Instead, he got his wrist slapped and was allowed to stay in the US. And now hes the only person of interest in an abduction. Do you still think this was consensual incest?

He should have been considered a sexually violent criminal. But he slipped through the cracks and now a little girl may be paying for the shortcomings of the justice system.
    Thanks for posting that. I wanted to respond but didn't have enough time
    to find the links where I had read that.

Joseph Felton was found safe!!!

http://www.komotv.com/news/8450117.html

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    Incest at a level one though is probably two consenting adults, so it doesnt' indicate any kind of pedophiliac tendencies.

But wasn't he arrested for it?

Sorry, I guess that's been answered now.
    Last edited by Squishified; 07-12-2007 at 03:42 PM. Reason: my question was answered

I had mentioned earlier that I found a level 2 offender that is asian or pacific islander on south tacoma ave, that is about 4 or 5 blocks from south J street. this man is at least 40 or so by now, his record on the offenders website says 38 so I don't know how long he has been registered just guessing him to be around 40. he also lives close to wright park, I google mapped this area, it looks like there is a large pond or lake at the north end of the park, does anyone know if that park has area of seclusion? on a night like the fourth of july, maybe people wouldn't notice a vehicle going in there, I am sure that she was assaulted inside that van, I did call police again to give them this info all over again, I know that the one they have now is a good P.O.I. but maybe these guys know each other, it is sad to see just how many of them live this close, some almost live in one anothers back yard. how far is tiger mountain from south j street? that area would still in my opinion be a area which still needs looking into closely, this person may have already been planning this, so it is possible that this creep made preparations ahead of time? It sure isn't looking promising on finding this child un harmed, if the person of interest is the one, then she is gone. I sure hope for another outcome, but with this amount of time gone by it sure looks bad. level two offenders are nearly twice as likely to re offend, and that area has nearly 50 in a five mile radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Rle7 View Post
    Pierce County court records show he was convicted of first-degree incest in 1990. The victim was a teenage relative. The man underwent a court-ordered psychological evaluation as part of that case and was diagnosed with pedophilia, according to court records.

This person is a violent pedophile who should have been deported right after his sentence. Instead, he got his wrist slapped and was allowed to stay in the US. And now hes the only person of interest in an abduction. Do you still think this was consensual incest?

I hate it when people like him fall through the cracks. Poor Zina. Prayers that she will be found safe, but at this stage I doubt it.

they found her body. Fox is talking abt it right now.

awwwww...d*#% it! I hate that so very much. That SOB! GRRR!

I will say a prayer for her and her family. It is such a tragic ending. :' (
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Just woke up to the FOX News Alert intro and heard they found her body.

Crappy thing to wake up to.

RIP little Zina

Police Statement - Tacoma Police announced that the body of 12-year-old Zina Linnik has been located in an area within Pierce County. The information came from a suspect currently held on an unrelated charge. More details to follow.
    http://www.king5.com/

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Unhappy

Dammit!

RIP Zina

Tacoma Police Locate Body of Missing Washington Girl

Tacoma Police announced in a brief statement Thursday evening that they found the body of 12-year-old Zina Linnik in Pierce County.

Chief Don Ramsdell said the information came from a sex offender arrested earlier this week.

Developments will be discussed in detail at an additional press conference sometime Friday.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....69a8272c.html

I'd like to know where else this guy lived and who else is missing from those areas.

They said earlier today they were checking all that out, BB. I am sure now they will go over everything in great detail about where he has been. Another reason we need to PUT THESE PERPS AWAY FOR LIFE!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

How very sad!!!! Such a beautiful child! They need to put that man down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn! When will it end? Why can't they get this scum off the streets for good!!!!

Because they let them plead down in cases and let them go instead! GRRR!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

It is heartbreaking that this little girl was found deceased today. I saw it on the news and my heart just fell. I expected it after all of this time but still hoped that she would be found alive.

I find it ironic that this monster was put into one of those great sex offender programs and it was said "he completed the program successfully!!!" I wonder what they have to say now??? How successful did he complete the program when he just raped and murdered a little girl? Those programs are worth nothing. These perverts can't be cured and I don't know when that is going to be understood. I doubt that this little girl is the only little girl that he has raped since he "successfully completed the sex offender program."

this is really sad news to get up to this morning, we all kinda expected this but hoped it would have ended much different, prayers for this angel, its amazing that with as many offenders in that area that more children haven't gone missing. I hope they realize these sex offender programs are the waste of tax payers money, you can't cure a sickness like that. its almost a mental illness.

My heart sank at this news. Poor, poor Zina. She deserved to live her childhood.

Dirty, rotten SOB!

I am heartbroken over this development. I was so hoping they would find Zina alive.

How on earth can they take a person who 'violently raped' a 16 yo child and plea it down to 'incest?' What the heck!

This is another example of how these dam# 'sex offender' classes do NOT work, they will have more victims?!

I'd also like to know why they are protecting this guys likeness and name from the public, especially now that they've found Zina, from information give to them by the suspect? They need to get his information out there and find out if there are more victims of this creep!

OMGosh, I'm going to cry.

fran

Sorry to be blunt, to the point and graphic, but death row inmates need to be executed and the sicko pervs like this guy should be kept behind bars for life. HOWEVER, this guy should have had his illegal behiney sent back to his motherland the FIRST time he was caught and this beautiful little girl would still be with us.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    I am heartbroken over this development. I was so hoping they would find Zina alive.

How on earth can they take a person who 'violently raped' a 16 yo child and plea it down to 'incest?' What the heck!

This is another example of how these dam# 'sex offender' classes do NOT work, they will have more victims?!

I'd also like to know why they are protecting this guys likeness and name from the public, especially now that they've found Zina, from information give to them by the suspect? They need to get his information out there and find out if there are more victims of this creep!

OMGosh, I'm going to cry.

fran
    This is beyond words. It is so sad.
    The family moves to the USA to provide for a better life for their children--and little Zina gets kidnapped at the hands of a pervert and is murdered. Prayers for the family.

RIP Zina

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post

fran
    I was doing research on sex offenders in NC, and I spoke with a parole officer about these classes. Apparently, they're group classes where sex offenders basically just yell at each other to get their aggression and anger out. So we're essentially "solving the problem" of aggressive offenders by placing them in rooms with other aggressive offenders in hopes that their aggressions will offset each other. As you can see, it doesn't work.

There are people here in NC lobbying to get sex offender laws to be more lax, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it or why they would want that. The system is falling apart.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast