OK - Preteen girls kidnap toddler

angelmom

The love stays...forever in our hearts
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2007/07/06/707970.html&cvqh=itn_preteen

ENID, Okla. - Detectives arrested a 12-year-old girl and her 10-year-old sister for allegedly abducting their neighbor's 1-year-old son and demanding $200,000 for his return.

Brandon Wells was safe back at home Thursday night, hours after intruders broke into his family's residence and took him while his mother, Sheila Wells, slept, police said.

"I've been doing this 18 1/2 years, and this is the first time I know of when a 10- and a 12-year-old kidnapped a 1-year-old," said police Capt. Dean Grassino. "It definitely ranks up there with the unusual crimes."

The siblings, who were not identified because of their ages, are accused of sneaking into Wells' home at about 5:30 a.m., taking Brandon and leaving a ransom note.

"If you want to see your son again then you won't call police and report him missing and you will leave $200,000 on the sofa tonight and we will return your son back safe," the note read, according to police.

The note was signed, "the kidnappers."

more at link...

I cannot figure out how those girls could be so stupid and hateful. Here's a story from Enid, OK's local paper:

http://www.enidnews.com/localnews/local_story_187004635.html

Wells said she knew the girls, and the younger one had spent some time at her home. Wells said she went to the girls’ home and took her son back, along the items taken from her home.

“Her mom said she knew there was something ‘fishy’ about it,” Wells said. The girl was holding her child in her lap when she went to get her baby.

“She told me she wanted to be his new mommy,” Wells said. “She denied everything. When I walked in the door she was trying to make excuses to her mom.”

Wells said she had banned the 10-year-old girl from her home a few weeks ago.

Silly girls. I am glad everything turned out well for the baby and hope the girls get some help.

If anyone ever kidnapped my 1-year-old, I swear it would be like the Ransom of Red Chief with the perps eventually offering to pay me to give the child back. My 1-year-olds were handfuls!

If they are like this at 10 and 12, what will they be like at 18 and 20?

Are they too young to be prosecuted? I'll bet they are. But they obviously have some serious problems. I have a 10 and 12 year old, and they can't even successfully sneak an ice cream!

If they are like this at 10 and 12, what will they be like at 18 and 20?

Are they too young to be prosecuted? I'll bet they are. But they obviously have some serious problems. I have a 10 and 12 year old, and they can't even successfully sneak an ice cream!

Apparently, they aren't too young. The article goes on to say:
Detectives interviewed the girls and placed them under arrest on suspicion of kidnapping, extortion and first-degree burglary. They were taken to Community Intervention Center.

I think they are in serious legal trouble. As they should be.

Yikes... and what, exactly, prompted them to take the child and to ask for $200,000?!?! Either they have been reading something, or watching something, and got what they assumed was a wise idea. Boy were they wrong... and I am one of those moms that thinks that they should be made to serve some kind of punishment... something like probation and a summer full of physical work where they will come to understand: the only reason they are miserable out there working and not having fun with friends is due to the fact that they did something highly stupid.

Thank goodness this did not turn into a James Bulger case...

Apparently, they aren't too young. The article goes on to say:

I think they are in serious legal trouble. As they should be.

I hope they do have charges filed against them. If they are coming up with these plans at the tender age of 10 and 12, what in the world will they do when they are older?

Sisters 10, 12 Arrested for Abducting 1-Year-Old Neighbor for Ransom

ENID, Okla. — Detectives arrested a 12-year-old girl and her 10-year-old sister on a kidnapping complaint on Thursday after they allegedly abducted their neighbor's 1-year-old son and held him for $200,000 ransom.

Brandon Wells was safe back at home Thursday night, hours after intruders broke into his family's residence and took him while his mother, Sheila Wells, slept, police said.

"He's had a long day," Sheila Wells said.

The pre-teen siblings, who because of their ages weren't identified, are accused of sneaking into Wells' home about 5:30 a.m., taking Brandon and other items and leaving a note.

"... if you want to see your son again then you won't call police and report him missing and you will leave $200,000 on the sofa tonight and we will return your son back safe," police said the note read. The note was signed, "the kidnappers."

Besides the note, the abductors allegedly took $20, diapers, a stroller and other baby supplies from the home.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288375,00.html

I'm glad nothing serious happened to this baby while he was in their care. You would think ten and twelve yr. old's would know better than to do something so stupid and so dangerous. I hope they do press charges. Like someone else said if they think up this stuff at their age now what will they be doing when they're older if they don't learn their lesson now.

Silly girls. I am glad everything turned out well for the baby and hope the girls get some help.

If anyone ever kidnapped my 1-year-old, I swear it would be like the Ransom of Red Chief with the perps eventually offering to pay me to give the child back. My 1-year-olds were handfuls!

This isn't a funny matter but what you said made me laugh... That's how it would be with my 2 yr old....

I am just shaking my head. These two are on a bad path and I hope there is some intervention to change that path.

I wonder why the mother of the little boy had banned the one girl from her home a few weeks before.

This isn't a funny matter but what you said made me laugh... That's how it would be with my 2 yr old....

I hear you - mine were even worse at 2! It gets better though....I promise.

Yes, I agree these girls needs some serious help. I'd like to know more about what was behind the kidnapping. Doesn't sound like they were going to hurt the little guy, but you never know....

Doesn't sound like they were going to hurt the little guy, but you never know....

That's the really scary part to me. If the mother hadn't found him when she did, you never know what lengths they might have gone to in order to try to keep out of trouble.

That's the really scary part to me. If the mother hadn't found him when she did, you never know what lengths they might have gone to in order to try to keep out of trouble.

I think the fact that they took the baby back to home where one of their Moms saw him shows they didn't really know what the heck they were doing. But you are right that we cannot know how far they might have gone.

I've read nothing that indicates a history or violence, but the infant boy's mother did ban one of them from her home, so something is obviously up.

Not silly girls...Evil girls.:behindbar
I know that we often think that "silly" means giggles or childlike behavior. However, silly also means foolish and a lack of good sense. These young girls were very foolish and they did lack good sense. Thank goodness that they didn't hurt the baby. If nothing else, these girls need some kind of counseling to get them on the right track.

I know that we often think that "silly" means giggles or childlike behavior. However, silly also means foolish and a lack of good sense. These young girls were very foolish and they did lack good sense. Thank goodness that they didn't hurt the baby. If nothing else, these girls need some kind of counseling to get them on the right track.

Thank you for saying what I meant with such clarity!

Yikes... and what, exactly, prompted them to take the child and to ask for $200,000?!?! Either they have been reading something, or watching something, and got what they assumed was a wise idea. Boy were they wrong... and I am one of those moms that thinks that they should be made to serve some kind of punishment... something like probation and a summer full of physical work where they will come to understand: the only reason they are miserable out there working and not having fun with friends is due to the fact that they did something highly stupid.

Thank goodness this did not turn into a James Bulger case...

Elphaba, this was the first thing that popped into my mind- James Bulger. I hope these girls get some serious help. Kidnapping for ransom today could turn into kidnapping with murder down the line if they don't.

I told my own 10 and 12 year old sons this story today to see if I was totally off track in thinking that these kids are REALLY messed up.

They looked at me like I'd been smoking crack. My 12yo said, "That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Are they in jail?"

My 10yo (the one who is going to be the death of me yet) laughed like crazy. He said, "You're making that up!" I don't think he could believe somone else could come up with something that makes his top 10 list look like amateur hour.

My 7yo DD said, "Can they put a 10yo in jail?" I said, "Well, it's like a jail for kids to help them straighten up."

To which my 10yo said, "Yeah, juvie." :doh: Why does he even know that word???? God help me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back