Reaction score
Diane Suzuki
Photo of Diane:
suzuki_diane.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 6, 1985 from Aiea, Hawaii
Classification: Endangered Missing
Height and Weight: 5'1, 109 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Suzuki was last seen at 5:00 p.m. on July 6, 1985, outside of the Rosalie Woodson Institute of Dance in Aiea, Hawaii, where she was employed as a part-time children's dance instructor. She was a student at the University of Hawaii at the time of her disappearance. Foul play is suspected in Suzuki's disappearance. Some blood evidence was found in the bathroom of the dance school and police suspect that an acquaintance of Suzuki's, a fellow dance instructor, was involved in her case. He failed a polygraph test shortly after her disappearance but was never charged for lack of evidence. A prosecutor attempted to reopen Suzuki's case in 1993, but it remains unsolved. Her family held a memorial service for her in 1997, on the 12th anniversary of her disappearance.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Honolulu Police Department
808-529-3394

http://charleyproject.org/cases/s/suzuki_diane.html

Today, July 6, 2007, marks the twenty-second anniversary of Diane's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information on the disappearance of Diane Suzuki, please call your local police station or the Honolulu Police Department at 808-529-3394 (you can remain annonymous).

http://www.khon2.com/content/news/c...d-to-Diane-Suzuki/25OD8d-J6kmduPzN2TsWRw.cspx

Cold Case: What happened to Diane Suzuki?

Reported by: Olena Heu

Updated: 11/30/2010 10:01 am

Police suspected a photographer who worked at the dance studio and searched the area near his home, but without a body and no substantial evidence the investigation went cold.

His name is on the internet but not in mainstream media that I can find so I won't name him here. (I can't describe how small this Island is and how so many people know each other...)

Video with interview of family member at link. Her Mother has passed on and her Father is now 89. What touched me was that for years they left the porch light on at night in case "their baby" came home.

Bumping for Diane and wondering if any potential poi, might have moved to another state or country?

Wow, what a tragic story. Couldn't Hawaii have called a Grand Jury, since they had a POI, blood evidence, & the failed poly? It seems like more evidence than some cases have.
Her poor family, waiting all these years & still no answers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a reddit post on Diane Suzuki. It mentions the POI and a search done on the POIs' father's property about five years after her disappearance. Given what was researched and written in that post, the POI must have been involved.

The marsh was searched, but what about the dance studio, maybe she is still there, imo?

"Since 1985, police have searched a marsh area behind the suspect's home and found evidence of blood in the bathroom of the dance studio."

I was reading the Reddit thread for Diane and it says that her parents saw three individuals carrying a large trunk from the dance studio on the same day she disappeared. The POI and two of his family members were carrying the trunk, allegedly. How accurate this information is, I'm not sure but I think she was buried somewhere else.

Lack of evidence halts Suzuki case - May 3, 2000

"We wanted to get statements on record and under oath and called a lot of people, even some who were suspects," Kaneshiro said about the three grand jury sessions. "After evaluating what we had, it wasn't enough.

At this point, I think they need a confession to solve this case.

https://archive.is/xaXmF - The comment written on April 27th, 2005 has some interesting information about the case.

The Wiki article says her case does not fit the pattern of the unknown Honolulu Strangler (1985-86) but how do they know if her remains have not been found? Most of the Strangler's victims were hidden in some way so it would seem possible to me that perhaps she could be one of his victims who just hasn't been found yet.

Modern technology could shed light on 30-year cold case

http://khon2.com/2016/11/14/modern-technology-could-shed-light-on-30-year-cold-case/

Who killed Diane Suzuki?

The mystery has gone unsolved for more than 30 years.

However, there’s evidence that a former Honolulu Police Department homicide lieutenant believes could shed light on the case.

“In that 31 years, she’s lost a parent who never did find out what happened to their child. I find that particularly heartbreaking,” Gary Dias, a retired HPD homicide lieutenant said. “I think revisiting it would open up the thought process of the people responsible for collecting evidence and examining evidence and making decisions on the evidence. Perhaps the technology with DNA can examine that same blood evidence and work through the decontamination processes that might have occurred over time.”

The Wiki article says her case does not fit the pattern of the unknown Honolulu Strangler (1985-86) but how do they know if her remains have not been found? Most of the Strangler's victims were hidden in some way so it would seem possible to me that perhaps she could be one of his victims who just hasn't been found yet.
No. They guy she worked with did it. He liked her and she wasn’t interested. His father helped him dispose of her body. They found clothing matching what Diane Suzuki was wearing under a log on their property. The father also asked if the police thought they could get manslaughter instead of murder if they confessed. Kinda suspicious!

No. They guy she worked with did it. He liked her and she wasn’t interested. His father helped him dispose of her body. They found clothing matching what Diane Suzuki was wearing under a log on their property. The father also asked if the police thought they could get manslaughter instead of murder if they confessed. Kinda suspicious!
Oops it was the lawyer who asked about manslaughter not the father

Diane Yayoe Suzuki – The Charley Project
Diane Yayoe Suzuki

• diane_yayoe_suzuki_1.jpg
  • diane_yayoe_suzuki_2.jpg
  • diane_yayoe_suzuki_3.jpg
  • diane_yayoe_suzuki_4.jpg
Suzuki, circa 1985
  • Missing Since 07/06/1985
  • Missing From Aiea, Hawaii
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Asian
  • Date of Birth 05/14/1966 (53)
  • Age 19 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'11 - 5'1, 109 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Suzuki is of Japanese descent. Her ears are pierced.''
  • ''Suzuki was last seen on July 6, 1985, outside of the Rosalie Woodson Institute of Dance in Aiea, Hawaii, where she was employed as a part-time children's dance instructor. The class she was teaching ended at 3:00 p.m., and at 3:15 her friends started looking for her. She has never been heard from again.

Suzuki left her purse, keys and car at the dance studio. She was a student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa at the time of her disappearance.

Foul play is suspected in Suzuki's disappearance. Some blood evidence was found in the bathroom of the dance school and police suspect that an acquaintance of Suzuki's, a photographer at the dance studio, was involved in her case. He failed a polygraph test shortly after her disappearance but was never charged for lack of evidence.

A prosecutor attempted to reopen Suzuki's case in 1993, but it remains unsolved. Her family held a memorial service for her in 1997, on the 12th anniversary of her disappearance. Suzuki's mother died in 1998. Her father is still alive, but in his eighties, and still hoping for answers in her case.''

Bumping for Diane - next week will mark the 37th anniversary of her disappearance.

Diane Suzuki
Photo of Diane:
suzuki_diane.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 6, 1985 from Aiea, Hawaii
Classification: Endangered Missing
Height and Weight: 5'1, 109 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Suzuki was last seen at 5:00 p.m. on July 6, 1985, outside of the Rosalie Woodson Institute of Dance in Aiea, Hawaii, where she was employed as a part-time children's dance instructor. She was a student at the University of Hawaii at the time of her disappearance. Foul play is suspected in Suzuki's disappearance. Some blood evidence was found in the bathroom of the dance school and police suspect that an acquaintance of Suzuki's, a fellow dance instructor, was involved in her case. He failed a polygraph test shortly after her disappearance but was never charged for lack of evidence. A prosecutor attempted to reopen Suzuki's case in 1993, but it remains unsolved. Her family held a memorial service for her in 1997, on the 12th anniversary of her disappearance.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Honolulu Police Department

808-529-3394

http://charleyproject.org/cases/s/suzuki_diane.html
Wouldn't they be able to use DNA now on the clothes they found at the father of the suspect's home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back