1215 users online (220 members and 995 guests)  



Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fall River, MA
    Posts
    256

    KY - Shannon Green, 16, Owensboro, 6 July 1986

    Shannon Rena Green
    Photos and Age Progression of Shannon:










    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

    Missing Since: July 6, 1986 from Owensboro, Kentucky
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: September 21, 1969
    Age: 16 years old
    Height and Weight: 5'4, 110 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Green has red discolorations on the back of her neck and at the base of her hairline, and a light brown birthmark on the back of her right arm. Her ears are pierced.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A gold chain with a heart pendant, black jogging shorts, an aqua green shirt and tennis shoes.





    Details of Disappearance
    Green was last seen at approximately 12:30 p.m. in her hometown of Owensboro, Kentucky on July 6, 1986. She was walking from 2nd and Poplar Streets to 12th and Haynes Streets to visit a family friend, John Reneer, who lived approximately two miles from her location at that time. Green never arrived at her destination and has not been heard from again. A few days after Green's disappearance, a man who identified himself as "Dwayne" called her mother and said he and Green had run away to get married. The caller has never been identified and the message is now thought to be a hoax, possibly made to mislead the investigation. Another Owensboro teenager, DeWayne Bell, disappeared a few days after Green did. They knew each other. Investigators believe the cases may be linked and DeWayne possibly had knowledge of her disappearance. DeWayne and Green's disappearances may be related to the abduction of 23-year-old Mary Ethel "Angie" Dickens, who disappeared from Owensboro on June 17, 1986. Her body was found near a boat ramp on October 2 of that year. However, no connections have been proven. Authorities have long suspected that John Reneer was involved in Green's case. He is convicted murderer and sex offender and a former friend of the Bell family. He maintains his innocence and has identified DeWayne and his father, David Bell, as being involved in Green's case. Reneer claims DeWayne confessed to strangling Green in 1986 and implicated his father. Reneer stated he tape-recorded the confession and turned it over to police. The tape was apparently documented in police files but never saved, and records of it were not found until the fall of 2005. Reneer stated he wanted to kill DeWayne and David after hearing the confession, but never got a chance to do so. He has passed a lie detector test about his role in Green and DeWayne's disappearances. David, who moved to Arizona shortly after his son's disappearance, maintains his innocence in Green's case and stated that he did not believe DeWayne was involved in it either. He theorized that Reneer caused Green's disappearance and DeWayne found out about it and was murdered to ensure his silence. Investigators still believe Reneer was complicit in Green's disappearance, whether or not the supposed confession is true. Authorities also stated David gave inconsistent accounts of the events leading up to DeWayne's disappearance, but he has not been charged in that case or Green's. Green was a student at Owensboro High School at the time of her disappearance; she made good grades and had a steady boyfriend. She was initially thought to be a runaway, but foul play is now suspected in her case. In 2005, authorities searched for her body in a field across the railroad tracks near Kentucky 279. The search turned up no evidence, but investigators feel that Green's body was in the field at some point. Her disappearance remains unsolved.


    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Owensboro Police Department
    270-687-8888

    http://charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_shannon.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fall River, MA
    Posts
    256
    Today, July 7, 2007, marks the twenty-first anniversary of Shannon's disappearance. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Shannon Green, please call the Owensboro Police Department at 270-687-8888 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,328
    I am researching the disappearance of Erica Fraysure on here and have been studying other cases with possible connection to hers, as well as Heather Teagues. I have been making a chart, and Shannon could possibly on there, and fits well in many aspects as a case that could be connected to Erica's, Heather's and Regina Cox as well. I am looking into homicides as well as other missing persons cases in SE IN and South OH. Any thoughts on this theory?
    Any extra info/photo of Angie Dickens?
    i will post my KY chart on here once finished!
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,328
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,328
    Any updates? Bumping!
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    I am researching the disappearance of Erica Fraysure on here and have been studying other cases with possible connection to hers, as well as Heather Teagues. I have been making a chart, and Shannon could possibly on there, and fits well in many aspects as a case that could be connected to Erica's, Heather's and Regina Cox as well. I am looking into homicides as well as other missing persons cases in SE IN and South OH. Any thoughts on this theory? Any extra info/photo of Angie Dickens? I will post my KY chart on here once finished!

    I believe there is a connection to all of the disappearances that have occurred on both sides of the Ohio River.


    Take a look at the photos of the following that have disappeared and compare it against each other.


    Shannon Rena Green





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_shannon.html


    Erica Lee Fraysure





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ure_erica.html



    Shaylene Marie Farrell





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._shaylene.html



    Alana 'Laney' Gwinner






    http://www.stilltheyspeak.com/LaneyGwinnerStory.htm




    Regina Renee Cox





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cox_regina.html



    Here is my theory about the disappearances.

    Looking at the photos, the hair styles of Erica Lee Fraysure, Shaylene Marie Farrell, and Shannon Rena Green are similar. And the hair styles of Alana 'Laney' Gwinner & Regina Renee Cox are similar.

    Also, all of the women’s facial features look similar.

    Here's another thing that I've noticed about the missing women: All went missing near a river.

    Shaylene Marie Farrell, Piqua, OH & Alana 'Laney' Gwinner, Fairfield, OH

    Both were last seen near the Great Miami River.

    Erica Lee Fraysure, Brookville, KY

    She lived between the Ohio River and the North Fork of the Licking River.

    Regina Renee Cox, Somerset, KY

    She went missing in Somerset, Kentucky. Somerset is near the Cumberland River.

    Shannon Rena Green, Owensboro, KY

    She went missing in Owensboro, Kentucky. Owensboro is next to the Ohio River.


    In all of the river areas where women have disappeared, all of the rivers flow into the Ohio River.

    All are still missing except for Alana 'Laney' Gwinner. Alana's body was found in the Ohio River near Warsaw, Kentucky a month after her disappearance.

    I believe there is a predator going after women in that region who have similar hair styles, facial looks, and lived near a river.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,267

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by nerosleuth View Post
    I believe there is a connection to all of the disappearances that have occurred on both sides of the Ohio River.


    Take a look at the photos of the following that have disappeared and compare it against each other.


    Shannon Rena Green





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_shannon.html


    Erica Lee Fraysure





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ure_erica.html



    Shaylene Marie Farrell





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._shaylene.html



    Alana 'Laney' Gwinner






    http://www.stilltheyspeak.com/LaneyGwinnerStory.htm




    Regina Renee Cox





    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cox_regina.html



    Here is my theory about the disappearances.

    Looking at the photos, the hair styles of Erica Lee Fraysure, Shaylene Marie Farrell, and Shannon Rena Green are similar. And the hair styles of Alana 'Laney' Gwinner & Regina Renee Cox are similar.

    Also, all of the women’s facial features look similar.

    Here's another thing that I've noticed about the missing women: All went missing near a river.

    Shaylene Marie Farrell, Piqua, OH & Alana 'Laney' Gwinner, Fairfield, OH

    Both were last seen near the Great Miami River.

    Erica Lee Fraysure, Brookville, KY

    She lived between the Ohio River and the North Fork of the Licking River.

    Regina Renee Cox, Somerset, KY

    She went missing in Somerset, Kentucky. Somerset is near the Cumberland River.

    Shannon Rena Green, Owensboro, KY

    She went missing in Owensboro, Kentucky. Owensboro is next to the Ohio River.


    In all of the river areas where women have disappeared, all of the rivers flow into the Ohio River.

    All are still missing except for Alana 'Laney' Gwinner. Alana's body was found in the Ohio River near Warsaw, Kentucky a month after her disappearance.

    I believe there is a predator going after women in that region who have similar hair styles, facial looks, and lived near a river.
    At first I had trouble telling Erica and Shannon apart, I can't believe how similar these girls are! I also think there is something at work here. Who knows if this individual kept doing it or moved to another area since they obviously were not caught.
    In a way, all these girls look similar. I wonder if cases from the 21st century in that area are also connected. (Heaven Ross and Tabitha Tuders and Bethany Markowski).
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    At first I had trouble telling Erica and Shannon apart, I can't believe how similar these girls are! I also think there is something at work here. Who knows if this individual kept doing it or moved to another area since they obviously were not caught.
    In a way, all these girls look similar. I wonder if cases from the 21st century in that area are also connected. (Heaven Ross and Tabitha Tuders and Bethany Markowski).
    You make an excellent point here. The cases very well could be connected by highway travel.

    The area where Shaylene Marie Farrell, Alana 'Laney' Gwinner, Erica Lee Fraysure, and Regina Renee Cox all disappeared are near Interstate 75.

    The area where Shannon Rena Green disappeared is near Natcher Parkway. Natcher Parkway connects to Interstate 65 in Bowling Green. From Bowling Green, Interstate 65 takes you into Tennessee and Nashville.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fairfield, Nelson Co, Ky USA
    Posts
    943
    I think the "eastern" cases could be due to Below, but not necessarily Cox. Somerset isn't really that close to I-75 or the area of the other disappearances.

    As he was from Henderson, the "western" cases (i.e. Teague from Owensboro, very near Henderson) could be possible.

    With Green, though, the missing boy (Bell) and/or his dad are likely involved in some way. Or else there wouldn't have been the confusion regarding his whereabouts.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    At first I had trouble telling Erica and Shannon apart, I can't believe how similar these girls are! I also think there is something at work here. Who knows if this individual kept doing it or moved to another area since they obviously were not caught.
    In a way, all these girls look similar. I wonder if cases from the 21st century in that area are also connected. (Heaven Ross and Tabitha Tuders and Bethany Markowski).
    I agree Erica and Shannon do look a lot alike they look like sisters!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,328
    Does anyone know how active any of these cases are, being they are still unsolved?
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**



Similar Threads

  1. IN IN - Shannon Sherrill, 6, Thorntown, 5 Oct 1986
    By Doyle in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 10-15-2016, 07:57 PM
  2. KY KY - Angie Dickens, Shannon Green, & Dewayne Bell, Owensboro, 1986
    By ShowerSinger in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 03:08 PM
  3. KY David DeWayne Bell (18) - Owensboro KY, 1986
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 02:18 AM
  4. KY Shannon Rena Green (16) - Owensboro KY, 1986
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 11:52 PM

Tags for this Thread