1236 users online (275 members and 961 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

AL - Girl, 11, charged with DUI after chase

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070706/...zNkcC8V1JH2ocA

ORANGE BEACH, Ala. - Police who chased a car for miles along a highway at speeds up to 100 mph said the driver was drunk, hardly a rarity in this resort town. But there was more: When they looked inside the flipped vehicle with guns drawn, they found an 11-year-old girl at the wheel.

Another link with police video of the chase. Sheesh.
    http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....4acd6e09.html

From the article:
    The girl is from Perdido Key, Fla. and was vacationing in the area with family.
    Hmmm, the article doesn't say anything about where this 11 year old girl GOT the alcohol. I wonder if the parents allowed her to drink since they were on vacation?

Duck told NBC15 News that the girl told police she was on her way to pick up her sister at a concert in Orange Beach.
    Unbelievable.

Thank heavens no one was seriously hurt or killed. I'm glad there are charges being pressed against her, I'm wondering if more will come (against the parents, perhaps?)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

First thing I want to know...WHERE WERE HER PARENTS/ADULTS??!!! How does she leave at 10:30pm and how did she get the alcohol? Going to pick up her sister? I wonder how old the sister was? This girl could have killed herself or others. I hope they fully investigate this.