1252 users online (285 members and 967 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

GA - Scott Davis convicted in love triangle murder of David Coffin

Since the Phil Spector trial is on hold until next week, CTV has been showing the Scott Davis trial. Has anyone been watching? I'm confused.

Is this live? Is it happening now or did the second trial already wrap up and they are doing a re-run?

I saw on the CTV site the verdict was guilty. When did the verdict come down?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Since the Phil Spector trial is on hold until next week, CTV has been showing the Scott Davis trial. Has anyone been watching? I'm confused.

Is this live? Is it happening now or did the second trial already wrap up and they are doing a re-run?

I saw on the CTV site the verdict was guilty. When did the verdict come down?
    If this is the same trial of which I am thinking, it is not live. It is a repeat. I believe that Scott Davis' father is a rather prominent forensic scientist or psychologist or something like that. Scott is one sicko, IMO. He murdered the guy because his estranged wife was dating him. The victim, in fact, had decided to back away from the relationship until the wife was divorced because Scott (presumably) was stealing and vandalizing this guy's stuff (to include car).

Scott is where he belongs. I surely hope that all of his appeals fall flat. Scott's ex-wife actually flew in from Australia to testify for the prosecution. She moved far away (to get away from him) and is remarried with two children. She was a real beauty and is still very attractive.

It wasn't a repeat, but new to CTV but on tape. I don't know exactly when it happened but I do know that 48 HRS covered this case a couple of mos. ago and so the guilty verdict wasn't a surprise to me.

I think the evidence in this case was very strong, despite the talking heads. I mean, the so-called real killer maced him and stole his gas can?? Then he returns a car he borrowed and he spilled gas in it?

Scott Davis got his parole. It was the last 10 years he got away with murder. He is now where he belongs.
    moo

From the 48 Hours episode about the murder that aired in 2007:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-ghost-of-david-coffin/

Coffin spent Thanksgiving week with his father, and told him about his new girlfriend. "He'd say, 'Dad, you'd love her"... David Coffin, Sr. says his son told him the whole story, including Megan's impending divorce from Scott Davis, and acknowledges he was concerned...

In fact, Davis was not quite ready for divorce and was having a hard time letting Megan go. "He kept on talking about this line. 'Don't cross this line,'" Megan says. "The line was having an intimate relationship with somebody"...

After Thanksgiving, David returned to Atlanta and spent the next weekend at Megan's apartment. That Sunday morning, David came home and found that someone had broken in. Most of his prized possessions were there, but a few were missing, including watches, guns and his beloved Porsche. Two days later, David's house was torched and he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    From the 48 Hours episode about the murder that aired in 2007:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-ghost-of-david-coffin/
    how odd that you should choose this thread to update......i just watched this on utube this week while filling time.........i was familiar with the case before, but just happened to come across it on-line and listened to it on my wireless headphones while doing something else......

scott davis, the epitome of the spoiled brat......if i can't have her, you won't either......and when he DID have her, he didn't want her......he had never heard the word NO.......and david coffin paid the price for it

and scott's father's career being intertwined with the court system added to the intrigue of the case from the outsider's point of view.......highly recommend a watch.......

thanks as usual okie granny..........is there anything you're not on top of?
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie