WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 June 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysticchic

Former Member
Reaction score
MADISON, Wis. -- The search is continuing on Thursday for a 22-year-old Waunakee woman who vanished this weekend.

University of Wisconsin-Whitewater student Kelly Nolan hasn't been seen since around midnight on Saturday in downtown Madison, WISC-TV reported.

"We just want her back very, very badly," said Erin Delaney, Kelly Nolan's cousin. "Our heart goes out to all the law enforcement that are taking their time, but anything, any information would greatly be appreciated."

Nolan's sister April has set up a Facebook page to notify and update family and friends on the search.
http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/...tml=mil_8pm&tmi=mil_8pm_1_08000206282007&ts=H

I hope she is found safe and soon! There are not many details in the article. I wonder if she was out with friends or alone.

This case was being discussed on our local talk radio show this morning. Some people are wondering if she didn't have drug problems and is possibly holed up in some drug house. Also, a man called in claiming that his girlfriend's son was with Kelly that night. They were both very intoxicated and at some point the son ended up leaving without her. He has been questioned by police.

I hope she is found safe and soon! There are not many details in the article. I wonder if she was out with friends or alone.

Apparently she was out with friends who ended up leaving without her.

Hoping they find Kelly soon...
  • last seen wearing a green sleeveless scoop top and bluejeans, possibly carrying a handbag...
  • spoke w/sister early a.m. hours on Saturday after out with friends on Friday night...
  • relatively new to Madison area, had been to job interview...
  • glad to hear that her friends are starting to help find her by handing out flyers (the above according to foxnews.com)...

I drive all over Madison for my job every single day. I've printed out a bunch of fliers to take with me. I'm going to help in the only way I can... Keeping my eyes open, and posting fliers.

She's been missing since Saturday, but this is the first I've heard of it. I'm astounded that our news outlets haven't been covering this enough to make people aware. I listen to talk radio in my van all day, and havent heard a peep.

That's unacceptable to me.

This case was being discussed on our local talk radio show this morning. Some people are wondering if she didn't have drug problems and is possibly holed up in some drug house. Also, a man called in claiming that his girlfriend's son was with Kelly that night. They were both very intoxicated and at some point the son ended up leaving without her. He has been questioned by police.

Which station were you listening to? I listen to 1670 AM, but I didn't listen this morning... I'm really upset that I could have been looking all this time, as I drive around the capital all day long doing deliveries. I just hadn't heard. What is wrong with the Madison news stations?:mad:

ETA: I've been looking all over trying to find her exact last location. It was State Street Brats... It says she had just been fired from waitressing at the Orpheum, but I read earlier that she was working at the Madison Club, right on the corner at MLK Jr Blvd- I deliver my products there. I don't know which is true. here's the article:
http://wkow.madison.com/
Two days before Nolan went missing, the owner of the Orpheum downtown, Henry Doane told 27 News he fired nolan from a summer, waitress job. On the day of her disappearance, sources confirmed for 27 News Nolan was on the Memorial Union's swimming pier at some point. The Sheriff's dive team has checked the lake's shoreline there, but police officials say, they've found no trace of the college student. Police spokesperson Joel DeSpain declined any comment on Nolan's activities in the hours before her disappearance. DeSpain said Nolan's photo, and information has been given to the National Center for Missing and Exploited children.

Nolan's sister said Kelly Nolan did place a call Saturday morning, after she split off from her friends, but won't comment beyond that.

Anyone with information which may connect to Kelly Nolan's situation, is asked to call Madison Crimestoppers, at 266-6014.

Her sister, April wrote this on the facebook page.. I'm puzzled. What do you think the secrecy is all about? Why wouldn't they be telling EVERYTHING they know.

April Nolan (Wisconsin) wrote
at 9:53pm on June 28th, 2007
IMPORTANT!!!!! IF ANYBODY IS ASKED QUESTIONS BY THE PRESS, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANY DETAILS ABOUT THE INVESTIGATION. MY FAMILY & I WILL TELL THEM ALL THE INFORMATION THAT THE POLICE DEEM OKAY FOR THEM TO KNOW. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT JUST TELL THEM, I'M SORRY I AM NOT ABLE TO GIVE OUT THAT INFORMATION AT THIS TIME

April Nolan (Wisconsin) wrote
at 10:00pm on June 28th, 2007
IMPORTANT!!! JUST WANTED TO ADD, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHERE KELLY WAS THAT NIGHT..BASICALLY ANYTHING BEYOND WHAT MY FAMILY AND I ARE RELEASING TO THE PRESS

Sounds like the Madison police are circling the wagons. They know something they aren't saying.

Sounds like the Madison police are circling the wagons. They know something they aren't saying.

They've got surveillance footage from the bar she was at that night. I just hope this isn't another Angela Drake.

These articles should all read Friday night apparently.
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater student Kelly Nolan hasn't been seen since around midnight on Saturday, June 23, in downtown Madison, WISC-TV reported.

Nolan moved back to the Madison area last month for a job, according to her mother. Her family said that she was out with friends on Saturday night and got separated from them at about 11:30 p.m.

Nolan's sister said Kelly Nolan did place a call Saturday morning, after she split off from her friends, but won't comment beyond that.
The call was early Saturday morning.

More from another article:
Mary Jane Nolan said her daughter had a job interview Friday morning. April Nolan said she and her sister then spent the day together.
Kelly Nolan and a group of friends went out Downtown that night, her mother said. Kelly Nolan split from the group at about 11:30 p.m., April Nolan said.
"They all left and she stayed in the Downtown area," she said.
It's not clear what happened next, although April Nolan spoke with her by cell phone in the early morning hours Saturday. She would not discuss the conversation.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/index.php?ntid=199465&ntpid=1

Possibly she headed back to her previous employer (Orpheum Theatre) to see someone she worked with before she was fired on Thursday. It is realitively close to where she was last seen. They have showtimes starting as late as midnight.
http://orpheumtheatre.net
Two days before Nolan went missing, the owner of the Orpheum downtown, Henry Doane told 27 News he fired Nolan from a summer, waitress job. On the day of her disappearance, sources confirmed for 27 News Nolan was on the Memorial Union's swimming pier at some point. The Sheriff's dive team has checked the lake's shoreline there, but police officials say, they've found no trace of the college student. Police spokesperson Joel DeSpain declined any comment on Nolan's activities in the hours before her disappearance. DeSpain said Nolan's photo, and information has been given to the National Center for Missing and Exploited children.

http://wkow.madison.com/News/index.php?ID=12857

Which station were you listening to? I listen to 1670 AM, but I didn't listen this morning... I'm really upset that I could have been looking all this time, as I drive around the capital all day long doing deliveries. I just hadn't heard. What is wrong with the Madison news stations?:mad:

How funny, that's what I listen to as well!! Sly was talking about it yesterday.

How funny, that's what I listen to as well!! Sly was talking about it yesterday.

I'm sorry I missed it. I heard Sly talking about some basketball player that got drafted, but doesn't wanna be here, and I turned it, because I don't have any interest in pro athletes.

Possibly she headed back to her previous employer (Orpheum Theatre) to see someone she worked with before she was fired on Thursday. It is realitively close to where she was last seen. They have showtimes starting as late as midnight.
http://orpheumtheatre.net

http://wkow.madison.com/News/index.php?ID=12857

She could have gone anywhere. The downtown area is so small, everything is close by where she was.... It's hard to say where she might have gone, but you can bet that her sister April knows, because she spoke to her sometime after Midnight on Friday (saturday, early AM). She probably told her sister the clue that we need to find her. Obviously they don't need the help of the public, because there are no organized searches, and no real information is being given out. Just the opposite, in fact. Her sister told people on Facebook to keep quiet about where she was last seen. *shrug*

That part of it does not make a lot of sense. Keep quiet about what? These are the clues needed in order to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member