TX TX - Andrea Cotten, 17, Corsicana, 22 Jan 2004

I am so sorry to see there are no leads in this. I hope somebody comes forward with some information.

This girl looks older in the picture of her at 17 yrs then in the aged photo. I wonder if they ever talked to the two mexican guys that she was last seen with and what they had to say. Also wonder if they searched their vehicle for evidence or their homes. She's been gone a long time and it is doubtful that she is still alive. It sounds like she was planning to visit her child the day she disappeared and her familly say that she wouldn't have missed that visit.

http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/homepage/local_story_188210357.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

July 07, 2007

When 17-year-old Andrea Cotten was last seen Jan. 22, 2004, it was a day before she was to have had a visit with her child in foster care.

No way would she miss that, family and friends said. But she did.

That fact is one that leads investigators to believe foul play may have been involved in the disappearance of the Corsicana resident, who would be celebrating her 21st birthday later this month.

The hope is that Cotten will be found, and local police detectives, sheriff’s investigators, Department of Public Safety troopers and the Texas Rangers haven’t given up trying to find the woman.

An age-progressed photograph of Cotten (shown at right) could aid officers in their search. It was produced by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, using technology and graphic artists in an effort to gain an idea of what Cotten might look like today.

“We do have a person of interest in the case we’re looking at,” said Det. Darrell Waller of the Corsicana Police Department Friday.

He said they’ve kept working the case of the missing Cotten at the request of the family. Waller said he has received help on the case from Texas Ranger Trace McDonald, Sheriff’s investigator Jimmy Johnson and DPS trooper Michael Adcock.

“She was last seen leaving her cousin’s house on Cottonwood Circle in the company of two Hispanic males,” Waller said recounting the case. The three left the area in an older model pickup truck.

Since her disappearance, there have not been any traces of her surfacing anywhere under her name or personal information, Waller said.

“We’ve checked databases on her name, date of birth, Social Security number, credit cards, banks ... no sign of her turning up anywhere,” he said.

Waller said he didn’t think she would be able to completely change her identity without some sign of her doing so surfacing to authorities.

A number of witnesses have been re-interviewed recently, Waller said. Out of those interviews came the identification of the “person of interest” that authorities are looking at. Waller declined to name or describe the person, citing the on-going investigation.

“With this much time passed, we are at kind of a stand-still,” Waller said. He is hopeful that the new age-progressed photograph may aid them in their search for Cotten.

“We hope that anyone with any information will come forward,” Waller added.

Waller may be contacted at the Corsicana Police Department by calling (903) 654-4902.

pics (First is at age 17, and second is an age progression to 20)

Here is her NCMEC page:

[URL]http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=982078&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Here is her Texas Dept of Public Safety page:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M3/10/20042:27:32PM'

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/982078/1

Andrea Cotten

Missing SinceJan 22, 2004
Missing fromCorsicana, TX
DOBJul 25, 1986
Age Now27
SexFemale
RaceWhite
Hair ColorBlack
Eye ColorBlue
Height6'0"
Weight140 lbs
Age Progressed

Andrea's photo is shown age-progressed to 23 years. She may be in the company of two unknown males. Andrea has a tattoo of a cross on her right leg. She may have dyed her hair blonde.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
1-800-843-5678
Corsicana Police Department (Texas) 1-903-654-4902

NCMC982078c1.jpg
NCMC982078e1.jpg

1986 article DEPUTIES SEARCH FOR MISSING WOMAN
1989 article TO FAMILY, DOROTHY IS DEAD - TO POLICE, HER CASE NEARLY SOLVED
TO FAMILY, DOROTHY IS DEAD - TO POLICE, HER CASE NEARLY SOLVED
Mark Pankowski of the Sentinel StaffTHE ORLANDO SENTINEL

Four .25-caliber bullet casings lay on the floor. A quilted bedspread was missing. Dorothy Davidson was gone.
Seminole County sheriff's investigators believe Davidson was murdered on the day she disappeared three years ago. They believe they know who killed her.
But they cannot prove it. Not yet.
"I feel that I know what happened," said Detective Billy Lee. "It's just a matter of time until we put all the pieces together."
"She was a very caring person," said Jane Furnier, an Orange County resource teacher and a former district director for the Special Olympics.
Detective Lee has kept Dorothy's case open for three years, conducting interviews, searching for more evidence and following up leads. He has identified one primary suspect, an acquaintance of Dorothy's.
If he could find Dorothy's body, Lee said, he could likely solve the case. He is asking anyone with information to call him at 830-8111.
The detective is convinced that he eventually will solve the case. "It will happen sooner or later," Lee said.
For Dianne, an end to the case will mean an end to her waiting.
"Every day is hard. But birthdays and holidays are even harder," Dianne said.
"We were identical twins, the only siblings in the family," she said. "I still give people heart attacks when they see me. They come up and say, 'For a minute I thought you were Dotty.'
"She was my only family," Dianne said. "We were very close.
"I really miss her."

It's shame they seem to know who killed her and say that they think they would solve the case sooner than later, that was in 1989. It seems they still can not prove their case and another killer lives free.
Dorothy "Dotty: Davidson is still missing.

"This case is 18 years old, and dozens of investigators with numerous agencies have reviewed the case files with fresh eyes."

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Andrea's disappearance.

17-year-old Andrea Cotten disappeared from Corsicana, Texas, in late January of 2004. In 2021, a local resident reached out to us about Andrea- the only missing person in Corsicana. So we started doing research and looking for people who knew her, and would talk to us. We learned that Andrea’s story was far bigger, more scandalous, and stranger than we could have imagined, all with Andrea, not yet an adult but not seemingly considered a child, at its center. There were stories that Andrea was last seen leaving in a truck with two men and other stories pointing to her own family.

If you have any information about Andrea’s disappearance, please call the Texas Department of Public Safety Highway Patrol division in Corsicana at (903) 872-5633. You can also contact the Texas Department of Public Safety Missing Persons Clearinghouse at 1-(800) 346-3243.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back