Thousands Commemorate 1947 UFO 'Crash'

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) -- If you truly believe a UFO and its crew of bug-eyed aliens came crashing down here 60 years ago, rest assured: You're not alone. At least 35,000 people have descended on Roswell this weekend for the 2007 Amazing Roswell UFO Festival to commemorate a purported flying saucer crash on a nearby ranch in July 1947. Participants have filled hotel rooms and nearly doubled the southeastern New Mexico town's population for a few days.

The festival, which began Thursday, is a mixed bag that includes live concerts (one headlined by a band with a computer-generated 'alien' drummer), costume contests, a Main Street parade and a slew of lectures that ponder everything from body snatchers to "What Does NASA Really Know?"

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=99766

I really wanted to go to the big 50 year festival in 1997 and still haven't gotten there. I'll bet it's fun and something different to do and see, and then go on over to Ruidosa.

I wonder if we will ever learn what really happened there, whatever it may have been.

Lt. Col. Phillip Corso wrote a book, entitled "The Day After Roswell," and in that book, he gives an extremely detailed account re: what really happened that day in Roswell. I have the book and have read most of it.

Corso speaks of the back-engineering that has since been done since the crash. The crash did, indeed, happen. Corso worked under a General who, preceding his death, told Corso that Corso could come out with the truth once the General had passed on. Corso then wrote his story some three years after the General died.

A noted French researcher and author, Paola Harris, came to know Phillip Corso very well. She has an excellent website which details some of her conversations with Corso. You can find her and some of her articles by simply GOOGLING in "Paola Harris." Her book, "Connecting the Dots," is an excellent book, which details many of her conversations/interviews with many noted researchers in the UFO field. For those of you interested, I highly recommend her book.

My interest in this field goes way back to my childhood. My father was/is in the Intelligence sector in the Navy. When I was 10 years old, he told me certain things he shouldn't have perhaps shared with me, but he did nonetheless. Suffice to say, that old saying, "Nothing in life is as it seems," took on a whole new meaning for me after that one big conversation I had with my dad many years ago.

Don't be too quick to shrug off the Roswell situation as a hoax, unless you delve into the research. I've met some really incredible, bright and articulate folks through MUFON who have guided me into some of my somewhat more esoteric adventures in research. :rolleyes: Because of my own unusual experiences since childhood, on through and up to my most recent days, I've learned to question just about everything these days! One of my father's former Navy buddies, a retired Naval Officer, recently contacted me and admitted to me that the Truth is really elusive out there! VERY little about our real existence as humans in this vast Universe has been revealed in the mainstream arena. Even if one stumbles upon a fine morsel of Truth, that Truth is usually cloaked in several hundred layers of disinformation -- kind of like peeling away the onion layers.

I've never been a UFO buff per se, but this past year has been a watershed for me with all the research I've delved into.

Here's a link to an interesting website regarding this thread's topic: http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/morphingmetals.html;

Quote from the above link:

"Imagine seeing a bullet shot through a sheet of material, only to have the material instantly "heal" behind the bullet! Remember, this is not science fiction. Self-healing materials actually exist, and LaRC scientists are working to unravel their secrets. What we did at NASA-Langley was basically dissect that material to answer the question, 'how does it do that?'" McGowan said. "By doing so, we can actually get down to computational modeling of these materials at the molecular level. Once we understand the material's behavior at that level, then we can create designer 'smart' materials," Anna McGowan,
Program Manager for the Morphing Project at NASA's Langley Research

Here's a link to a great interview given by Command Sergeant Major (ret.) Robert O. Dean, who had a Cosmic Top Secret Clearance when he worked on the General Staff at SHAPE (Strategic Headquarters, Allied Powers Europe).

Here's the link: http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1976.htm;

Here is a snip from the interview:

Summary: Command Sergeant Major (ret.) Robert O. Dean claims he saw a "Cosmic Top Secret" briefing document on UFOs when he worked on the General Staff at SHAPE (Strategic Headquarters, Allied Powers Europe) in the mid-1960s.

"We're At Crucial Moment in History," Says Former NATO Staffer."

"[Command Sergeant Major (ret.) Robert O. Dean claims he saw a "Cosmic Top Secret" briefing document on UFOs when he worked on the General Staff at SHAPE (Strategic Headquarters, Allied Powers Europe) in the mid-1960s. No copy of the alleged "Assessment" has ever been seen in public, but Dean travels the world insisting that he knows what he saw is true. More than that, he says, the UFO secrets are just "the tip of the iceberg," symbolic of a whole new level of knowledge that will completely transform -- or possibly destroy -- our world. The following text is part of an article in the May/June, 1996 issue of Perceptions Magazine, in which Randy Koppang interviews Robert O. Dean.]"

"Randy Koppang: Having a "Cosmic Top Secret "clearance in NATO, how do you feel we can reconcile the intelligence community's exclusive "need to know" with the public's right to share in that transcendental knowledge?"

"Robert Dean: You've got another thing to consider here. You talk about the intelligence community. It isn't a solid bloc. The "intel" agencies feed on each other continually. The big fuss is turf and money. They are always vying for more power and more money. There has been a difference of opinion within the intel communities for at least the last 25 years on this subject. Should we let it out? Should the American people be told the truth, yes or no? This has gone back and forth heatedly within the communities themselves. CIA fusses with NSA [National Security Agency], NSA fusses with DIA [Defense Intelligence Agency]; it's turf, it's money and it's power..."

Robert O. Dean is a true gem. I first took notice of Robert O. Dean when I viewed the DVD movie, "Fastwalkers." Fastwalkers is the name given to UFO's by the United States Intelligence/military industrial complex -- slowwalkers are our satellites.

Fastwalkers has its own website. You will find just about every noted UFO researcher in the field in this video documentary. Everyone from Robert O. Dean, Dr. Steven Greer (of the Disclosure Project), to Wendelle Stevens.

These dudes were sooooo totally doing the Peyote in the desert!!!
I will grant them they may have seen an object that flew and crashed unknown to them .....
I think the rest is pure make believe.
Does anyone really think that the stealth bomber was not tested for years before hand??
To people who saw that it probably was a UFO too!!

Unidentified does not mean alien.

Signed Affidavit by Lt. Corso, as to the contents of his book, "The Day After Roswell."

Here is the link: http://cs.writermag.com/forums/68912/ShowPost.aspx;

Here is a snip:

..."And the UFO-reality revelation happens to be not the only Corso-related interaction with CIA interests. Within the U. S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's formerly classified, FOIA-released dossier on Corso's activities, several passages pertain to CIA awareness of them. One of these (partially redacted) passages occurs in a Feb. 11, 1965, FBI memorandum addressed to FBI Assistant Director C. D. DeLoach by Special Agent M. A. Jones; it reads: ". . . and CIA characterized Corso as a parasite who has never produced any intelligence through his own efforts, but who has profited from information developed by hundreds of dedicated Government agents and investigators." In another paragraph of the same memo, Mr. Jones notes: "The [FBI] Director indicated he wanted the FBI kept out of the resulting dispute between G-2 [Army Intelligence] and CIA. (100-420468)."

"Of course, the piece de resistance in the Corso legacy consists of his whistleblowing two-page affidavit filed in June 1998 in the U. S. District Court for the District of Arizona -- via Citizens Against UFO Secrecy v. Department of the Army (Civil Action No. 98-0538 PHX ROS). Here's the text of the affidavit:"

"I, [Lt.] Col. Philip J. Corso, do hereby swear, under the penalties of perjury, that the following statements are true:

"That at all times hereinafter mentioned, I was a member and officer of the defendant."

"That during my tenure with the defendant I was a member of President Eisenhower's National Security Council and former head of the Foreign Technology Desk at defendant's Research & Development department."

"That on or about July 6, 1947, while stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, I personally observed a four-foot non-human creature with bizarre-looking four-fingered hands, thin legs and feet, and an oversized incandescent-light-bulb-shaped head. The eye sockets were oversized and almond-shaped and pointed down to its tiny nose. The creature's skull was overgrown to the point where all its facial features were arranged frontally, occupying only a small circle on the lower part of the head. There were no eyebrows or any indications of facial hair. The creature had only a tiny flat slit for a mouth and it was completely closed, resembling more of a crease or indentation between the nose and the bottom of the chinless skull than a fully functioning orifice."

"That in 1961, I came into possession of what I refer to as the 'Roswell File.' This file contained field reports, medical autopsy reports and technological debris from the crash [of] an extraterrestrial vehicle in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947."

"That I have personally read the medical autopsy reports which refer to the autopsy of the previously described creature that I saw in 1947 at Fort Riley, Kansas."

"That said autopsy reports indicated the autopsy was performed at Walter Reed [Army] Hospital, which was under the authority of the defendant at the time of the autopsy."

"That said autopsy report referred to the creature as an 'extraterrestrial biological entity.'"

Here is what Paola Harris has to say about Lt. Phillip Corso:

PH: "It isn't until I worked with Lt. Col. Philip J. Corso in 1997 that I began putting together the dots and began seeing a worldwide picture and I began getting exposed to all these researchers who had been working for years - all of them in my book.

COL. CORSO CAME IN FOR SUCH ATTACK BY MEDIA AND OTHERS AFTER HIS JULY 1997 BOOK, THE DAY AFTER ROSWELL, WAS RELEASED. I KNOW THAT YOU HOSTED HIM IN ITALY. WHAT CONVINCED YOU THAT HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH?

PH: "We have to look at the person himself. Col. Corso was head of intelligence in Italy in Rome from 1944 to 1947. As an aside, when he came to Rome, I dragged the poor man to where his office was and to where he lodged at the Ambassadorio Hotel. I did extensive research on it because I believed the details he was telling about what he did and was, but I personally was curious. The Ambassadorio Hotel has since been remodeled, but when he walked in, he told me where everything was and I called one of the gentlemen who had been there in 1944 and he verified Corso's story. And he worked under President Eisenhower and President Kennedy."

"It's very rare to have a background like this and write such a revealing book about extraterrestrials and their technologies! Why would a witness who had this kind of background lie? I was on a radio show just the other day (Hickman Report) and one woman called in and said she had worked with Corso and she said he was appalled by how he was treated in this country."

"So why were he and his book attacked so badly? Books in competition. Corso's book was 17th on the New York Times best seller list, so it sold a lot of copies. Therefore, I think who is doing the debunking and criticizing are jealous fellow researchers."

Amraan,

TRUST me when I tell you this -- they aren't/weren't doing peyote in the desert (although they may have wanted to after they found the vehicles.)

A dear friend of mine has interviewed Sgt. Clifford Stone quite extensively. He has stated through Dr. Steven Greer's "Disclosure Project," that he was used in the military, from the age of 19 years on up, at UFO crash retrieval sites. Sgt. Stone acknowledges he would state as to what he knows, under penalty of perjury, before our U.S. Congress if asked to do so.

Here is a link to which you may download for free -- two hours' worth of various interviews by men and women who have had Top Secret clearances by our government/military sector as to what they know about the U.S. Government's UFO cover-up:

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

When you have the time (I know...who has the time...), try to view some of these witnesses' testimonies. These are remarkable people telling remarkable things they've seen and witnessed as top secret clearance individuals in various sectors of our military/intelligence branch of services.

I'll make it easy for you. Here is the link to the video webcast in 2001:

http://www.disclosureproject.org/npcwebcast.htm;

"INTERNET VIDEO WEBCAST

Campaign for Disclosure Witnesses Panel

National Press Club Washington, DC"

"Originally Broadcast Live on Wednesday, May 9, 2001"

"On Wednesday, May 9th, over twenty military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses came forward at the National Press Club in Washington, DC to establish the reality of UFOs or extraterrestrial vehicles, extraterrestrial life forms, and resulting advanced energy and propulsion technologies. The weight of this first-hand testimony, along with supporting government documentation and other evidence, will establish without any doubt the reality of these phenomena, according to Dr. Steven M. Greer, director of the Disclosure Project which hosted the event."

Here is another link to the Disclosure Project's Witness Testmony in 2001:

There is a lead in to the witness testimony by actor, Jon Cypher (Chief Daniels on Hill Street Blues):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1166743665260900218

:) :) ...Just wanted to say that I've been 'listening' to the above Disclosure Project testimonies as I've been perusing through the Internet this afternoon, and I've got to say, my hat is off to these incredible men/women who have come forward to tell what they know re: the U.S. government (and world government) UFO cover-up.

These men and women have all had to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements re: their Top Secret clearances and have knowingly put themselves at risk in revealing to the public what they know about the cover-up.

My passion about this subject is, I know, apparent. If it weren't for what my father shared with me so many years ago, this subject wouldn't be a passionate issue for me. But I think it's time for the cover-up to cease and I know many other hard working researchers and scientists throughout the world are working diligently with various government personnel to try to get this information released to the public.

My hat is off to Dr. Steven Greer, who has been instrumental in getting the word out about the technologies that have come to fruition, because of the science and information gleaned from the crashed UFO sites.

So...please view the video I've linked above when you have the time. It's really very interesting and I promise -- you won't be bored!

...I've been listening (and viewing occasionally) this above video as I've been on the Internet, and I have to say, that once again, I am so impressed with the obvious integrity and depth of testimony given by these men and women during the Disclosure Project's National Press Club (2001) Conference. Sarah McClendon, now deceased, sponsored this event.

So...next time you all have some time...try to view this incredible video. I think those of you who don't believe in life beyond our three dimensions, may have a change of heart after you've had the chance to view and listen to these incredible witnesses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back