Clay Aiken's airplane spat

pedinurse

Former Member
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla - Clay Aiken was involved in an airplane disturbance with another passenger Saturday while en route to Tulsa International Airport, a newspaper reported.

FBI Special Agent Gary Johnson said there was a dispute between a male passenger and a woman on the flight but could not confirm the passenger was Aiken. He said the dispute was over the male passenger’s foot resting on the woman’s armrest.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19666276/

P.U. I would have a problem with that too. How was he sitting in his seat as to be able to put his foot on her armrest?

His foot on her armrest? WTH?? How do you contort yourself in an airplane seat to be able to do that, exactly? Sounds like Mr. Aiken has a bad case of the "Do you know who I am" 's? That's just incredibly rude.

It's sounds like he may have been in first class and stretched out a little. Maybe there was a seat in between them?

I wouldn't like that either, especially if the foot SMELLED.

It's sounds like he may have been in first class and stretched out a little. Maybe there was a seat in between them?

I wouldn't like that either, especially if the foot SMELLED.

Whether it smelled or not, I wouldn't like it at all. The woman paid for her seat just as he did and deserves to have her own space without it being invaded. I think I would have wanted to shove him, too!

His foot on her armrest? WTH?? How do you contort yourself in an airplane seat to be able to do that, exactly? Sounds like Mr. Aiken has a bad case of the "Do you know who I am" 's? That's just incredibly rude.

I was thinking that he was sitting in an aisle seat. He then probably put his foot on the armrest on the person in front of him. Regardless, that's rude as hell isn't it? I'd let the southerner in me show by saying, "Pardon me lady, do you mind moving your feet from my armrest?"
"..? Lady? Excuse me, but I'm a guy"
"Oh, I was thinking into the future. For if you don't remove your foot, I'm gonna remove the two things that give you that gender distinction".

I was thinking that he was sitting in an aisle seat. He then probably put his foot on the armrest on the person in front of him. Regardless, that's rude as hell isn't it? I'd let the southerner in me show by saying, "Pardon me lady, do you mind moving your feet from my armrest?"
"..? Lady? Excuse me, but I'm a guy"
"Oh, I was thinking into the future. For if you don't remove your foot, I'm gonna remove the two things that give you that gender distinction".

LOL, considering that it's Clay Aiken, he might be mistaken for a lady in the first place. :D

I giggle at all the young women who swoon over him and actually think he is straight. I'm surprised he hasn't come out yet. There would be alot less gossip and speculation if he did.

Gay or straight, I just don't find him swoonworthy.

I've sat by a lot of rude people on airplanes who weren't famous. Like the woman who just could not sit in her seat without it leaning back on landing. Which made it really hard for all of us behind her to exit our seats.

He is a has been.

I guess that Clay was sitting in a seat behind the woman and put his foot up on her armrest. I only do this when no one is in the seats in front of me. It sure takes nerve to do it when one of the seats is occupied.

He is a has been.

Maybe so. But he's only 27 or thereabouts. He has time for more than a few comebacks.

As for his foot on an armrest, he wears size 14 shoes. It might well be annoying.

But we don't really know what happened. It wasn't Mr. Aiken who was doing the shoving. I'm just under 6'3" and on many commercial flights, the space between seats is less than the distance between my knee and my hip. I have to put my limbs somewhere.

From what I understand, he has been spending a great deal of his time dedicating himself to UNICEF. He has been pretty quiet about it. I think he has put his music career on hold for this.

I am sorry, I don't know how to provide the link without messing up the pages here, it is so long. Just Google Clay Aiken/ UNICEF and you can see the huge list of things he has been doing. I think he is a good guy.....

I think he is a good guy, too, so stop picking on him! :D

Who cares if he is gay or straight, he's a person like we all are.

He is a "good will" Ambassador for UNICEF, and I've read that he seems to be very involved in it.

As for his size 14 shoe on the ladies arm rest, I think that is rude too, if that is really what happened. He probably didn't give it a second thought, and maybe, just maybe the woman was out of line, too. From what I've read on here, didn't she shove him? You can't believe everything you hear or read, so please don't judge him or anyone unless you've walked in their shoes! :crazy:

IF someone had put his foot on my armrest on a flight, I would have felt he was in my space and "pushed" it off!

I think he is a good guy, too, so stop picking on him! :D

Who cares if he is gay or straight, he's a person like we all are.

He is a "good will" Ambassador for UNICEF, and I've read that he seems to be very involved in it.

As for his size 14 shoe on the ladies arm rest, I think that is rude too, if that is really what happened.

Yeah, what you said. :clap: :clap:

Whether it smelled or not, I wouldn't like it at all. The woman paid for her seat just as he did and deserves to have her own space without it being invaded. I think I would have wanted to shove him, too!

I had to sit next to a lady the last time I flew and her HAIR invaded my personal space. I feel like she should have bought an extra ticket for her hair.

IF someone had put his foot on my armrest on a flight, I would have felt he was in my space and "pushed" it off!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would have turned around and asked for him to remove his big hoof. It may be socially unacceptable to place your shoe on someone else's arm rest, but so is starting a fight. Some people either haven't been taught or just don't know any better; two wrongs don't make a right.

I would have asked him nicely to remove it, then again in a more firm way, and if he still did not, I would have called over a flight attendant and asked for assistance. That way if he still didn't remove it, it would be up to the crew to deal with it, and I wouldn't have gotten into any trouble myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back