759 users online (96 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Monica Bowie, 34, Dekalb County, 5 July 2007

Woman believed to have been kidnapped

Published on: 07/09/07

Police are searching for a 34-year-old woman whom they believe was kidnapped in DeKalb County.

Witnesses told police they heard Monica Renee Bowie screaming and saw a 2002 burgundy Mercury Sable speed away from the 1000 block of Gables Drive at about 11:10 p.m. Thursday.

Although witnesses did not see Bowie being put into the vehicle, police said, officers found evidence of a struggle in the parking lot.

Police have found the vehicle and identified two men as suspects.

They are searching for a heavy set black man with a beard, low cut and possibly wearing a plaid shirt in his late 20's to early 30's and a small dark-skinned man in his early 30's.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...ge_tab_newstab

Mom Frantic

I believe the car was found burned, but not positive, with no signs of Monica.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/13644541/detail.html
    An Atlanta woman was kidnapped and her mother in Pittsburgh is searching for answers.

Channel 11 has learned that Monica Renee Bowie was abducted from her Atlanta area apartment on Thursday.

Her mother, Linda Howard, lives on Pittsburgh's North Side and talked with Channel 11.

Howard said, “I'm going to go to Atlanta if I have to walk I'm going to Atlanta.”

Howard and her family are frantic. Howard learned on Sunday that her 34-year-old daughter is believed to have been kidnapped.

Her daughter's friends called and told her that Bowie’s disappearance was all over the Atlanta news.

“There were plenty of witnesses -- screaming to the top of her lungs, ‘Help me. Help me. Help me,” Howard said.

She said Bowie’s purse was found in the parking lot of her Dekalb County apartment.

Howard said, “They witnessed two guys putting her into a car -- two black males, one heavy, one small -- putting her into a car.”

Police have now found a burgundy Mercury Sable suspected to be involved, but there is still no sign of the men or Bowie. Howard said she last talked to her daughter on the Fourth of July. She was planning her wedding.

Police said the missing DeKalb County woman, 34-year-old Monica Bowie, was arrested last month on felony drug and weapons charges. She disappeared on Thursday night -- and was possibly kidnapped -- from her own apartment complex off Roxboro Road.

On Friday night, police found the car that may have been involved in her disappearance. Other residents said they saw a car speeding out of the complex -- a burgundy, Mercury Sable. Inside the car, two men, in their late 20s or early 30s. One of them, heavy-set with a beard. The other man, small. Police said they found evidence of a struggle in the parking deck. DeKalb County detectives are examining that car, looking for fingerprints and other possible evidence.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...?storyid=99712

I'm not sure if any of you guys watch The First 48 on A&E but there was a case that sounds a little like this one. A young woman had been arrested on drug charges and decided to tell everything she knew. The drug dealers decided she was a snitch and set her up. Her body was found in her vehicle, both burned.
    I hope this isn't the case for this young woman. Hopefully she'll be found alive .

http://www.aetv.com/the_first_48/fir...episode=180921

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I'm not sure if any of you guys watch The First 48 on A&E but there was a case that sounds a little like this one. A young woman had been arrested on drug charges and decided to tell everything she knew. The drug dealers decided she was a snitch and set her up. Her body was found in her vehicle, both burned.
    I hope this isn't the case for this young woman. Hopefully she'll be found alive .

http://www.aetv.com/the_first_48/fir...episode=180921
    Lizzy~ I saw that episode... It's so sad when individuals get caught up in this kind of lifestyle. I hope they find her soon.

Police arrested a man for the theft of a car involved in the kidnapping of a DeKalb County woman.

Monica Renee Bowie, 34, was taken kicking and screaming from her apartment at the Berkshire Apartments on Gables Drive Thursday, according to witnesses.

Police said she was forced into a 2002 burgundy Mercury Sable and driven away.

The car was found abandoned in Atlanta on Friday.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13645119/d...11000307092007

I pray that this woman is found alive. It is scary to think that people were close enough to hear her screaming but couldn't save her. The men who took her must have been truly brazen.

I hope the guy they arrested can help them find the others. I'm sure for some sort of plea deal he will think of something.

praying for Monica and her family!

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Didn't anyone rush to help her when they heard her screams? I pray they find her alive soon.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

Prayers for Monica and her family!

Maybe she faked her kidnapping to avoid trial? Probably not, but stranger things have happened.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I thought about that too Dark Knight.

4:35 PM UPDATE: Police have arrested Gasper Keels and charged him with stealing a car that was seen speeding from the scene. Keels is being held in the Dekalb County Jail, charged with theft of a motor vehicle. Police are still searching for Bowie.

Christine, that is great. I hope she will talk to you as the family is refusing to speak to the media. While I understand that they don't want to be hounded, the best way to get the attention on their daughter is to be right in a camera as often as possible so people will remember.

I was talking with my DH, my MIL and my FIL last night, all of whom listen to AM news and read the paper, and none of them knew there was a missing woman in the area. They need to get this out there.

Totally OT, but this is what I meant in the threads about why some people get more attention than others, and it's not always about race or status. By this point Laci and Natalie's families had fliers out, had done multiple press conferences, and had a command center set up. There was stuff for the talking heads to talk about.

The media may be annoying at times, but they are our best ally in these cases. You've gotta feed the machine to get the word out.

Prayers for Monica and her family. I hope she is found safely and SOON!!!

I spoke to mom. She sounded a bit frazzled. I didn't not ask anything about the case. Told her who I was, a little about WS, LTWH, and offered assistance. Gave her my #'s...told her I would be brief, just want her to know we are here. I told her to start a notebook, and that I'd like to speak with her again when she has time to sit down and take a breath. She has been with LE. I didn't question her, I'm sure she is afraid and not sure who she can trust, also being in a strange place. I told her I knew she was not talking with media and asked if she needed me to set her up with someone to represent her w/media, she said "not at this time'. Anywho, she said she'd call me.

It is NOT in the news. A small blurb last night 11 oclock, I haven't seen anything since.

I am afraid to learn the outcome of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I spoke to mom. She sounded a bit frazzled. I didn't not ask anything about the case. Told her who I was, a little about WS, LTWH, and offered assistance. Gave her my #'s...told her I would be brief, just want her to know we are here. I told her to start a notebook, and that I'd like to speak with her again when she has time to sit down and take a breath. She has been with LE. I didn't question her, I'm sure she is afraid and not sure who she can trust, also being in a strange place. I told her I knew she was not talking with media and asked if she needed me to set her up with someone to represent her w/media, she said "not at this time'. Anywho, she said she'd call me.

It is NOT in the news. A small blurb last night 11 oclock, I haven't seen anything since.

I am afraid to learn the outcome of this one.
    So glad you finally got to speak to her. I hope she calls back. They need to get this back in the news or everyone is going to forget Monica and move her to the back burner, then off the stove completely. All it will take is another juicier disappearance.

Sounds like LTWH is very needed, since she doesn't have someone helping her deal with all of this. That may be her choice, or it may not have been offered. Who knows?

Please keep us up to date and let us know what you need.

for all you do!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast