2 dead after small plane hits Fla. homes

Autumn2004

Inactive
Reaction score
A small plane trying to make an emergency landing crashed into a suburban Orlando neighborhood Tuesday, killing both people aboard and starting two house fires that burned two adults and a 10-year-old boy, authorities said.

Matt Minnetta, a fire investigator with Sanford Fire Department, said two people aboard the plane were confirmed dead in the crash and the plane itself was scattered in several pieces. At least three people were injured in one of the homes, including a boy about 10 years old who had burns over 80 to 90 percent of his body, Minnetta said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_re_us/small_plane_crash

The Seminole Co. fire dept. is now saying there are 5 dead...sounds as though the young boy and one of his parents have now passed away. SOOOOO tragic!!!!
Prayers for all involved.

Oh yes, prayers for all in this tragic accident :(

Prayers to all. I watched a news clip of this a few minutes ago. Very tragic.

God, I don't know why this hit me so hard. I just imagine how crazy it all is for those involved - that you're in your home getting ready for an ordinary day and a plane crashes into your house and devistates so many.

I'm angry at pilots of small planes because it seems that we're always seeing problems on the news and surprised this hasn't happened more. Then again, my anger is really unjustified because no way would the pilot have wanted to hurt anyone, let alone die. I feel bad for his family now, knowing that his crash caused so much grief while they grieve their own.

Smoke in the cockpit is disaster because they can't see. I wonder how well trained you have to be for those unfortunatel circumstances to get your license to pilot.

It's just a sad accident and my thoughts are with all involved.

Tragic.

My father was a commerical airline pilot for 30 years (he started his flying lessons when he was 11 or so) and did retire at the mandatory age of 60. Yes, at one time we had 2 small (4 seaters) private planes and 1 larger than small (10 seater). I hated those small planes, when I look back now, I cant believe that I when into those darn things.

My dads big complaint was that people were getting their license and they were not trained properly, and were not getting enough flying time in. He wanted to see more restrictions in place.

Dr. Kennedy was an amazing and brilliant man. He was so warm and genuine to everyone around him. I can't believe Lesa has lost her father and her husband a month apart. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Update 9:32 a.m.

Fresh off his appearance on NBC's Today Show this morning, hero firefighter Ryan Cooper will meet with local media members for a news conference at 10 a.m. He's still at Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford, recovering from rushing through the two homes searching for victims without his firefighter respirator. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...o071107,0,2848204.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout

Bless this man.

He very truly is a hero.

Is the 10 year boy still alive? I was praying for him last night, that his pain would be taken and by some miracle he can be healed with minimal scarring.

Edited to add, I just read he was flown to the Shrine Burn Center in Cincinnati. Stunning that there is not a place closer for him. But, he is at probably the BEST place. I cry for him, burns are the worst and most painful injury there is. God help him.

Is the 10 year boy still alive? I was praying for him last night, that his pain would be taken and by some miracle he can be healed with minimal scarring.

I think he is. Matt Lauer talked to some of the neighbors on the Today show this morning. The neighbor said he was burned so bad that he looked like he had a flannel shirt on but he didn't. She would tear up just talking about it.

It really made me cry when they said he had given a thumbs up to the medical personel on the scene. What a little trooper! I too am keeping him my thoughts and wishing him well. Just so tragic for all involved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back