1324 users online (216 members and 1108 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    23,127

    Local Reporter In Hot Water Over Stebic Story

    WMAQ-TV's Amy Jacobson Seen At Stebic's Home With Family

    A Chicago television reporter is in hot water over her technique in pursuing a source in the disappearance of Lisa Stebic.

    ~snip~

    A video captured Friday shows WMAQ-TV reporter Amy Jacobson wearing a bikini and wrapped in a towel at Craig Stebic's home. Also seen in the video are Stebic himself, his sister from Iowa, and Jacobson's two children.

    ~snip~

    Neighbors tell CBS 2 that Jacobson has been visiting Stebic's house frequently since his estranged wife's disappearance. Why she has been there is unclear; while she has covered the story, she has never mentioned any social relationship with Stebic or his family.

    http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...191075534.html

    An interesting twist to say the least

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    23,127

    In too deep? Pool party with missing woman's husband could sink NBC 5 reporter

    Amy Jacobson, a reporter for WMAQ-Channel 5, is in hot water with her bosses for going swimming on her day off with the estranged husband of a missing Plainfield woman.

    Dressed in a two-piece swimsuit, Jacobson brought her two young sons, ages 3 and 2, with her Friday when she swam in the backyard pool of Craig Stebic.

    Dressed in a two-piece swimsuit, Jacobson brought her two young sons, ages 3 and 2, with her Friday when she swam in the backyard pool of Craig Stebic.

    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...eder10.article

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,710
    Is the reporter married?
    Surely she does not find Craig Stebic attractive. This can't be a personal thing..she must have been hoping to give him the false impression that she was interested in a friendship in order to get him to trust her with his secrets.
    I can't think of any good reason to bring her kids except to keep Craig from jumping her right there by the pool. Of course we know that having kids around won't stop him from anything. And what an irresponsible thing for a mom to do with two toddlers!
    The call from his sis sounds like a poor excuse. Was she in any of the video? Was sis even there at all?
    NOT. VERY. SMART.

    Susan

  4. #4
    Thanks, Chicoliving!

    Jacobson immediately was taken off the Stebic story and was told to hire a lawyer, the Sun-Times reported.

    Wan't this part of her job? Double standard garbage from her new atty!: Jacobson’s attorney, Kathleen Zellner, said the tape should not be aired “because unauthorized taping on someone's property is a crime.”
    "You can't just go around videotaping and disseminating the tape. ... To me, it begins and ends there.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288819,00.html
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Thanks, Chicoliving!

    Jacobson immediately was taken off the Stebic story and was told to hire a lawyer, the Sun-Times reported.

    Wan't this part of her job? Double standard garbage from her new atty!: Jacobson’s attorney, Kathleen Zellner, said the tape should not be aired “because unauthorized taping on someone's property is a crime.”
    "You can't just go around videotaping and disseminating the tape. ... To me, it begins and ends there.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288819,00.html
    Ah-ha-ha!

    Too late! I already saw it on our local LA news channel KCAL! It's already all over the place.

    What is this woman thinking?! Doesn't she know this guy will do it again? Doesn't she watch the news?

    JMHO
    fran

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    751
    From the first link:
    "To quote from the (Society of Professional Journalists) code of ethics, they say, 'Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity or damage credibility,'"

    Who does a NEWS interview in their bikini, with their CHILDREN around?
    But, if thats the stance she wants to take, then fine.. What did she learn that day about the case.. if she came clean, perhaps people would believe her?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Is the reporter married?
    Surely she does not find Craig Stebic attractive. This can't be a personal thing..she must have been hoping to give him the false impression that she was interested in a friendship in order to get him to trust her with his secrets.
    I can't think of any good reason to bring her kids except to keep Craig from jumping her right there by the pool. Of course we know that having kids around won't stop him from anything. And what an irresponsible thing for a mom to do with two toddlers!
    The call from his sis sounds like a poor excuse. Was she in any of the video? Was sis even there at all?
    NOT. VERY. SMART.

    Susan
    From her bio at NBC:
    Jacobson married Jaime Anglada in 2002. They have two boys, ages 2 and 1.

    http://www.nbc5.com/meetthenewsteam/1189091/detail.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Maybe she has a death wish.

    Even if she was trying to get him to talk, she should have left her kids home. What an idiot.

  9. #9
    She has been fired! Duh! (According to Fox)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    143
    yep, fired. What was she thinking??


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Halls View Post
    yep, fired. What was she thinking??
    and told to get an attorney!

    Thus those threatening words from her attorney! LOL, but it's too late, the video is out there. I even saw the uncut one.

    You're right! What was she thinking? or NOT!

    JMHO
    fran

  12. #12
    Her credibility is shot and she becomes an active part of Lisa Stebic's investigation even if she was just doing this for a story. LE can't overlook a personal relationship no matter what. They will have to take this into account. This throws a wrench into their investigation and I bet they are fit to be tied over it.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Her credibility is shot and she becomes an active part of Lisa Stebic's investigation even if she was just doing this for a story. LE can't overlook a personal relationship no matter what. They will have to take this into account. This throws a wrench into their investigation and I bet they are fit to be tied over it.
    What bothers me is often times these news people have 'inside tracts' with LE. Who knows how many 'heads-up' she could have given the most likely supect or POI, IMHO.

    She may have jeopradized LE's ability to ever catch Lisa's killer!

    JMHO
    fran

  14. #14
    Maybe they will file charges for Obstruction or impeding an invest on her. Serves her right for inserting herself so far into an investigation of this nature. She was only out to make a 'name' for herself and she has certainly achieved that goal!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    173
    Well, she's not in hot water any more:http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...191075534.html

    I'd say she's cooked.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 763
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 12:38 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 05:27 AM