772 users online (97 members and 675 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Class-z is offline Do Something, Lead, follow or get out of the way. :)

Lady Bird Johnson dead at 94

Foxnews.com

Rest In Peace.

RIP Lady.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

RIP Lady Bird. I've always admired her. She really did a lot for conservation.
    She was very smart also and I feel she will be remembered as a very well respected First Lady.

I'm just watchingthis on the news...what a great lady!
    I'll remember her every time I drive on the highways in TX...all the bluebonnets and wildflowers along the way!

Great lady...she will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    I'm just watchingthis on the news...what a great lady!
    I'll remember her every time I drive on the highways in TX...all the bluebonnets and wildflowers along the way!
    I lived in D.C. when she was First Lady. Suddenly Spring and Summer there were beautiful flowers everywhere downtown, in the mall, on parkways, around monuments. A very classy lady. Rest in pease, dear Lady Bird.

I also admired Lady Bird. I would think it wasn't easy being married to LBJ,although he mean't well,he had a very overbearing personality,and through it all,there was Lady Bird with a smile on her face,and always a kind word.

She was a very smart woman with a beautiful soul.

Lady Bird was a great and always gracious woman. No, it wasn't easy living with LBJ. She was never full of anything but kindness and optimism.

She designed and contributed the Town Lake hike and bike trail, which Austinites use daily for exercise and relaxation. She planted flowers all over Washington D.C, and all over Texas.

No woman has contributed as much to the spirit of environmental protection than LadyBird and Rachel Carson.

Her spirit shall last forever. IMO

What a wonderful woman. She left us all a legacy in conservation.

Rest in peace , Lady Bird.

Is it true, for those of you whom remember the time, that she was FINE with LBJ cheating on her? They talked oh so briefly on Fox about her comments on the subject last night.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Is it true, for those of you whom remember the time, that she was FINE with LBJ cheating on her? They talked oh so briefly on Fox about her comments on the subject last night.
    I hadn't heard that. I do recall reading/hearing that LBJ had cheated, but that was much later, I think after he died.

Back then, the affairs of the sitting Presidents were not publicized. If they were known by the press, they did not report it. JFK had women in the White House for crying out loud. No one reported it back then.

I read an article in my paper this morning. After JFK was assinated it was Lady Bird that inssited that Jackie stay in the White house to let Jackie wind up her affairs.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I read an article in my paper this morning. After JFK was assinated it was Lady Bird that inssited that Jackie stay in the White house to let Jackie wind up her affairs.
    What a stand-up, classy thing to do. Hat's off indeed to her.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess View Post
    I hadn't heard that. I do recall reading/hearing that LBJ had cheated, but that was much later, I think after he died.

Back then, the affairs of the sitting Presidents were not publicized. If they were known by the press, they did not report it. JFK had women in the White House for crying out loud. No one reported it back then.
    In the clip they played on Fox, Lady Bird was asked about the affairs, not on camera so I don't know when she said them, they read her comment, and she said to the effect, "LBJ is a people lover, half of the people are women, so of course he's going to love women". The way it was said was stunningly funny, the Judge and other anchor, (and I too chuckled), then the conversation awkwardly moved on to something totally different about her.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast