1130 users online (210 members and 920 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Lindsey Scott, 22, charged in death of newborn, Oakland Park, 7 July 2007

The parents of Lindsey Scott suspected she was pregnant before her baby was found dead in a trash can over the weekend, according to an affidavit released Wednesday by the Broward Sheriff's Office.

Scott was arrested Tuesday after her newborn was recovered from the garbage at her family's home in the North Andrews Gardens neighborhood of Oakland Park.

The Broward County medical examiner confirmed the baby girl was breathing when she was born and an autopsy determined the baby was suffocated by being wrapped in towels and placed in a trash bag, according to the affidavit...

Scott's parents, Kristin and Charles Scott, told police they noticed their 22-year-old daughter had gained weight and was wearing larger clothing.

More: http://www.miamiherald.com/416/story/167809.html

Last edited by OkieGranny; 09-27-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: snipped - 10% rule
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

What a loss. Why didn't this girl just admit it to her mom and give the baby up if she didn't want it?
    Happy New Years

That poor innocent baby.

The girl is 22 years old, she has NO excuse IMO to have done this. Not that any excuse is good enough but it's understandable when a 14 year old girl is terrified to tell her parents or is just terrified of the situation she's in. But a 22 year old should know better IMO.

However, hard as it is, I guess I shouldn't judge her.

Quote Originally Posted by shopper View Post
    That poor innocent baby.

The girl is 22 years old, she has NO excuse IMO to have done this. Not that any excuse is good enough but it's understandable when a 14 year old girl is terrified to tell her parents or is just terrified of the situation she's in. But a 22 year old should know better IMO.

I can't help but judge these people killing innocent babies. How many options do they have?...and they choose to kill it and dump it in the garbage?

What I think about all the time, how are these people doing to mentally deal with this at some point in their lives when they do want to be parents and realize what they did?

I just can't quit thinking of all the nice couples who can't have babies and this girl (and so many others) just throw them away!!

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    I can't help but judge these people killing innocent babies. How many options do they have?...and they choose to kill it and dump it in the garbage?

What I think about all the time, how are these people doing to mentally deal with this at some point in their lives when they do want to be parents and realize what they did?

I just can't quit thinking of all the nice couples who can't have babies and this girl (and so many others) just throw them away!!
    I guess I meant that since the article didn't say anything about the mother's situation, I shouldn't judge. She could be very mentally ill or challenged, that's all. Again, to me nothing excuses killing an infant, EVER but knowing a person's situation can shed some light on the why.

IMO, there needs to be a nation-wide campaign on that law where a mother can drop off an infant at a safe place (fire station, hospital) without worry of being hunted down or being in trouble. I don't know if some of these kids (and adults) don't know of it, or are just so deep in denial that they can't deal, but it can't be emphasized enough IMO.

You're so right, there are so many couples that would give anything for a baby and it's infuriating these senseless acts keep happening. I just saw the episode of Oprah again where she had that girl on there that killed (by stabbing) her healthy newborn a few years ago. That girl was on there, fake crying and trying her hardest to look remourseful but I wasn't buying. Oprah didn't seem to either. I wanted to reach through my t.v. and slap her so hard that my handprint would be forever tatooed on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by shopper View Post
    That poor innocent baby.

ITA! She's 22 years old and should know better. WTH is wrong with people?

22 years old still living at home with mommy and daddy pregnant and too scared to tell parents and kills her baby on top of it all? She has serious mental issues.. something wrong with her.

Thumbs down wake up america and smell the coffee

nothing wrong with her except this is the generation that will be taking care of us Which scares the he++ out of me. They are so self absorbed and can not accept responsibility for their actions. We should have public service commercials 24/7 teaching morals, or right and wrong? my daughter is 19 and she was rear ended by another girl 23. The girl has no insurance, has suspended licences which she was out on an extension for her first driving without insurance offence. Meaning she already had been to court for another accident she caused given a break and did not correct the situation or stay out of a car. She is mother of 2 and pregnant with 3rd on the way judge ask her if she is doing durgs no sir can you pass a drug test no sir. He throws her in jail (1 day) my daughter now has 3500 damage to her car which is only worth 2500. and out another 20 a month for uninsured she had to add to her insurance Then finds out in our fine state of TN 91% motorist have no insurance. They get it for the drivers licence then cancel it. Until these people are made an example of in a very public very loud way things are not going to get better. JMHO and rant

The "girl" accidentally purchased maternity pants at a store and the mother accepted this lame excuse. Well I guess she "accidentally" went to the maternity section of the store and accidentally tried on the pants and accidentally purchased them.

Please, if my child uses BS I call them on it.....big time, now only if this mother used her common sense instead of believing the a "story" then this baby would be alive. I would have said well, I don't believe you, when the child protests, I will say: Well lets go to the Doctor.......

I HATE these types of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw View Post
    The "girl" accidentally purchased maternity pants at a store and the mother accepted this lame excuse. Well I guess she "accidentally" went to the maternity section of the store and accidentally tried on the pants and accidentally purchased them.

Please, if my child uses BS I call them on it.....big time, now only if this mother used her common sense instead of believing the a "story" then this baby would be alive. I would have said well, I don't believe you, when the child protests, I will say: Well lets go to the Doctor.......

I just cant imagine what goes through peoples heads. I mean she had the whole pregnancy to plan on what to do with this baby she obviously didnt want. So many places out there to help..i would much rather confess to my parents that oops i got pregnant mom and dad ..give the child up for adoption if you have to.

In the mind of these people, the baby is the problem. They don't see the baby as a living, breathing human being, just a problem that has complicated their life and will continue to do so.

Therefore they only think of themselves, and themselves only.

Therefore when in their mind's they get rid of the baby, they get rid of THEIR problem. They see the baby as a thing, not a human, therefore things are disposable. Human life is not.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3dd View Post
    nothing wrong with her except this is the generation that will be taking care of us Which scares the he++ out of me. They are so self absorbed and can not accept responsibility for their actions. We should have public service commercials 24/7 teaching morals, or right and wrong? my daughter is 19 and she was rear ended by another girl 23. The girl has no insurance, has suspended licences which she was out on an extension for her first driving without insurance offence. Meaning she already had been to court for another accident she caused given a break and did not correct the situation or stay out of a car. She is mother of 2 and pregnant with 3rd on the way judge ask her if she is doing durgs no sir can you pass a drug test no sir. He throws her in jail (1 day) my daughter now has 3500 damage to her car which is only worth 2500. and out another 20 a month for uninsured she had to add to her insurance Then finds out in our fine state of TN 91% motorist have no insurance. They get it for the drivers licence then cancel it. Until these people are made an example of in a very public very loud way things are not going to get better. JMHO and rant

I am really shocked by this!! In Florida insurance co's must report you to the DMV if you do not have insurance!
    At which time they automatically suspend your DL.

This woman is 22 years old. She knows right from wrong and she knows she had choices.

Yes, there is always the possibility that she is mentally ill (used WAY too often as an excuse to kill your children), but the purchasing of the maternity pants tells me otherwise. She murdered an innocent baby and will probably only get probation or a slap on the wrist.

There are thousands of people in the United States that would do anything for a child and this woman murdered and threw her's away like it was a piece of garbage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast