NE NE - Terry Armstrong, 48, Norfolk, 30 Aug 2004

lizzybeth

Reaction score
I came across a post on another forum. Terry Lynn Armstrong's sister is desperate for help in solving her murder. Terry Lynn was brutally murdered almost three years ago in Madison County, Norfolk, Nebraska. Her body was found by a hunter not far from Meadow Grove near the Yellowbanks Recreation Area. Terry Lynn's throat had been slashed and to this day no one has been charged with her murder.

Terry's sister recently contacted an author, Ms. Jane Devin, and she's written a story about Terry along with the frustrations the family has endured.

http://janedevin.com/category/crime/

Here are a few other articles detailing Terry Lynn Armstrong's story.

http://www.madisoncountysheriff.com/old%20pages/crimestoppers.htm

http://www.madisoncountysheriff.com/armstrong_1.html

http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=104&ArticleID=3405

http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=104&ArticleID=3406

http://www.ktiv.com/News/index.php?ID=2010

In Terry's sister's words

"From the beginning it has been my heart's prayer that the truth will be revealed, the case solved, justice prevail, and the minds and hearts of those that knew and loved Terry could finally have some peace and closure.
Can you help?"

(used with her permission)

I know there are some great sluethers on this forum. Please take the time to read the links and maybe just maybe we can help this family out.

At this link it states:

No one has been charged. But investigators say it’s far from a cold case. Since Aug. 30, 2004, when a hunter found her body not far from Meadow Grove — her throat cut with a knife — Jon Downey of the Madison County Sheriff’s office has been working on the case.

“We’re not ready to file homicide charges on anyone yet, but we have a tremendous amount of information that hasn’t been made public yet and that we’re still actively pursuing,” Downey said.

Even more than a year later, Downey said he does something with the case every day, whether piecing together the last day of Armstrong’s life, canvassing the Norfolk neighborhood where she lived, interviewing people who saw her the night before she was killed or DNA testing of potential suspects. “We have a tremendous amount of DNA evidence and we’re still doing that, as a matter of fact,” Downey said.

Downey said he still considers Troy Voichoskie “a person of interest” in the investigation. That’s because Armstrong’s blood was found on his pickup and she was last seen driving away with him, according to courtroom testimony in Voichoskie’s false information case regarding the investigation.

From what I have read so far, there are 3 main suspects, although, the DNA at scene doesn't match?

In this article:
Troy Voichoskie and Tim Randall are still considered "people of interest" in the case.

Armstrong's blood was found on Voichoskie's pickup the day Armstrong's body was found. She was last seen driving away with him.

Voichoiske was ultimately charged with giving false information about that night to police.

Randall - Armstrong's live-in boyfriend - was charged with two domestic assault charges for fights with Armstrong in the month leading up to her murder.

Another person is considered a person of interest in the case, but Downey declined to name that person.

DNA tests have been conducted, but Downey said he doesn't have a match yet.

But that doesn't mean they're looking at someone new, either, Downey said.

Terry Armstrong

armstrong.jpg

To Terry's sisters and brothers, she was a sister to confide in, to share memories and secrets with, to laugh and cry with.

She was a loving and caring woman with a heart as big as the world, Deckert said.

"She was a friend to everyone she met. My sister was an extremely generous person. She would give you the last dollar in her wallet, the shirt off her back, or a place to stay if needed," she said. "She looked for the good in everyone she met."

Snipped from Norfolk News

Hi Lizzybeth! I don't understand why they haven't arrested Troy V. for this crime? He was obviously at the crime scene. Obviously backed into a post and scraped paint off his truck and broke a tailight. Her blood was on his truck?! He eithor killed her or his buddy Timothy R. did and he disposed of the body. The authorities aren't giving out enough information in this case for the public to be able to help. They also have a 3rd suspect but we get no info on him/her eithor? And we can't even see pictures of the two suspects they are naming? This is crazy. I don't see any way to help here. I think the only way anyone could help with this case is if they were local and they SAW something that day. Other than that the authorities need to give us more info. They are being so tight lipped and playing their cards so close to the vest that I think it's actually hurting this case. Sorry. She was absolutely beautiful and this is a damn shame.

I'm sure you're right trixie. I promised her sister I would post this here. I really wish someone would come forward or at least LE would give some more tips. I honestly can't understand why these two men or at least the one with her blood on his truck couldn't be arrested. At least I would hope they would keep track of them (maybe they are...who knows?) since one has moved to another state.

I honestly think Terry and her family are getting the shaft. What, she didn't matter because she was mentally ill? I just don't understand it. It has to be a family's worst nightmare that their family member is murdered and yet the person responsible is walking around free.

I think I read in one of the articles that they definately are keeping track of both men. I have a feeling this case could have been handled better. Seems like there were mistakes made early on. What are they waiting for, to match the DNA that they said themselves might not have anything at all to do with the case? Jeez, sounds like the Jonbenet Ramsey case, another frustrating one.

Something I'll have to ask her sister is if the family hired anyone like a private investigator that might be able to get some information for them. I'm not sure that would help. It seems LE has enough they just aren't doing anything about it. I'm glad Terry has a sister that's not going to let this be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

I just found out about Terry through her Facebook page, which was put up on one of the Missy Bevers Facebook groups. Terry was murdered 12 years ago now. Her family needs justice, so Terry can rest in peace. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back