1090 users online (210 members and 880 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TN - BRUCE MENDENHALL convicted Truck Stop Killer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. A man arrested Thursday and charged with killing a woman at a Nashville truck stop last month is suspected in at least five other similar slayings in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Indiana, police said.
    Bruce Mendenhall, 56, of Albion, Ill., was charged with criminal homicide after being questioned by police at the same truck stop along Interstate 24 in north Nashville where Sara Nicole Hulbert, 25, was found dead with gunshot wounds on June 26.

During questioning, the driver gave a statement implicating himself in Hulbert's death, as well as the death of Symantha Winters, 48, of Nashville, whose body was found June 6 stuffed in a trash can at another truck stop in Lebanon, 26 miles east of Nashville. She was also shot.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289163,00.html
    Last edited by Salem; 12-04-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Hmm...I wonder if this is related...

http://www.myspace.com/belindacartwright

Different M.O., but it was a truck driver in Georgia.

Another story, possible update,
    says looking for women in Indiana at a Truck Stop that is very near where I live. About five miles.

http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6783919
    snip
    Mendenhall told police they'd find the bodies of two women in Indiana. And he described a truck stop on the southside, near 465 and state road 37.
    IMHO

(CNN) -- A Tennessee detective's keen eye may have nabbed a serial killer.
    Tennessee police say trucker Bruce Mendenhall implicated himself as a serial killer.

A long-distance truck driver gave statements implicating himself in six slayings in four states after Detective Sgt. Pat Postiglione discovered what appeared to be blood inside the cab of his rig, police said.
    Bruce Mendenhall, 56, an independent truck driver from Albion, Illinois, is facing homicide charges in the shooting death of Sara Nicole Hulbert, 25. Her body was found June 26 in the parking lot of a Nashville, Tennessee, truck stop, authorities said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/12/ser...ect/index.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

what an ugly sonuva*****!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    what an ugly sonuva*****!
    scary lookin', firsure, !

fran

Suspected of murdering a woman on June 26 and he still hasn't washed his hands or his clothes.... or, I wonder, was he caught "red handed" for more recent killings

Well I know he didnt start murdering people at the age of 56. I bet he has done alot more than we know about.

I wonder if he could be connected to the I-59 Jane Doe near the Alabama/Georgia line in December 1988? That would be right in the area they noted...

I've been to those stations many times. How creepy

Does anyone remember in the forum section in the Cold Case files here, Dalles Mckinsey was writing a book about how when he was a child, he had witnessed his stepfather killing? Yet they never caught the step father since he kept changing locations and names.
    Most likely this Bruce has been killing for decades also.
    If i can find the cold case link i'll post it on here.

I'd bet there are cases in Illinois and Kentucky as well, at the very least!
    Last edited by KatK; 07-15-2007 at 08:22 PM. Reason: changed "be" to "bet"

Their lookin into another one
    http://www.wsmv.com/news/13684222/detail.html

Detectives in Hickman County said they think an unsolved murder from two years ago could be linked to a truck driver arrested in Nashville on Thursday and suspected of killing at least six women.

Officials said Saturday that they are comparing DNA to see if Bruce Mendenhall could have killed Jennifer Smith, 25. Her body was found behind a concrete barricade at a truck stop along Interstate 40 near Bucksnort in April 2005.

I wonder if he killed Tammy Zylwiki (sp) in Iowa in the 90's. College student whose car was found on side of interstate, and her body was found elsewhere later.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast