Mom Booted From Plane Over Baby's Babbling

CaliKid

Former Member
Reaction score
"You need to shut your baby up"????? Now, I was all for the pool parents in NY needing to quiet their kids when they were bothering the neighborhood, but this is absolutely mean, not to mention ridiculous. How is a mother supposed to make a baby stop saying "bye bye"?

I wonder why this flight attendant was so aggressive about the baby talking and why she went so far as to lie to the pilot about the mother? Sounds like she has some issues.

She should definitely be fired and/or prosecuted and/or sued.

Baby Benadryl!!!

Oh, I have some issues with this attendant!

I once called the INVENTOR of a car seat that was a metal plate with straps (there were unsafe knock offs, but I had the real flight approved model) to make sure it was safe (I'm neurotic) and was on the phone for three hours learning about how it was tested and all that before I took my child on a plane with the type seat it was. The attendant told me I had to have my child in my lap for takeoff and landing because it wasn't an approved seat. (It had the approval tag, but my daughter was in it, and covered it up.)

She was getting hot and nasty and I told her I paid for the seat, paid for the chair, and my daughter's life was more important than her opinion and she said she'd have me arrested. When I stood up and put my wrists together and said "Then arrest me." The people around me cheered.

She didn't kick me off the plane, but she was nasty when she walked away (we were taxiing) and said "I guess you don't love your baby."

On the way off the plane, I took the seat where it said it was approved by the flight people (whatever that designation was) and put it in her face while she was next to the pilot when they say goodbye to you.

All I said was "I told you."

Some people just don't like kids. :-(

"You need to shut your baby up"????? Now, I was all for the pool parents in NY needing to quiet their kids when they were bothering the neighborhood, but this is absolutely mean, not to mention ridiculous. How is a mother supposed to make a baby stop saying "bye bye"?

I wonder why this flight attendant was so aggressive about the baby talking and why she went so far as to lie to the pilot about the mother? Sounds like she has some issues.

She should definitely be fired and/or prosecuted and/or sued.

Personally, I think it's power and control. People are getting booted off planes for all kinds of things these days. As usual, you give an inch, and someone takes a mile...

Personally, I think it's power and control. People are getting booted off planes for all kinds of things these days. As usual, you give an inch, and someone takes a mile...

Mine was pre 911 when I don't think they booted people quite so easily. Thankfully.

Nowdays, you probably do feel a sense of power to be able to do that. Power corrupts, we just don't usually associate that with flight attendants. They usually offer peanuts and pillows, you expect them to be sweet!

I think that all of the laws enacted since 9/11 have given stewardess' a huge ego and power trip.

Its just really gotten unreasonable.

I don't see how a babbling toddler is a threat to national security...
Which is why most of the country agreed when these laws passed.

Now they are simply being used so that little B**** on ego trips can be nasty.

Thank goodness for the passenger who stuck up for the mother. Most wouldn't bother to get involved.

That is just plain scary. I am traveling with my family in a few weeks - I hate to think that any flight attendant on a power trip could just kick us off because my baby was in a bad mood! My children have always traveled well - but even if they didn't, babbling, some amount of crying / fussing in a little baby - that's all normal behavior! Geez!

That is just plain scary. I am traveling with my family in a few weeks - I hate to think that any flight attendant on a power trip could just kick us off because my baby was in a bad mood! My children have always traveled well - but even if they didn't, babbling, some amount of crying / fussing in a little baby - that's all normal behavior! Geez!

Thats the thing!! The baby wasn't even in a bad mood!! He was just talking like little 1 1/2 yo's do.

How could anyone even get upset over cute baby babble???

WOW!! I've never flown but I know now not to even try since my 3 year old doesn't know the meaning of "be quiet"! I wonder does the mom have some sort of legal recourse in this. If possible, I'd sue them, not neccessarily for a monetary amount but for the pure principle! That flight attendant was wrong for what she did and there's no telling how many others that she has done it to!

WOW!! I've never flown but I know now not to even try since my 3 year old doesn't know the meaning of "be quiet"! I wonder does the mom have some sort of legal recourse in this. If possible, I'd sue them, not neccessarily for a monetary amount but for the pure principle! That flight attendant was wrong for what she did and there's no telling how many others that she has done it to!

Even now there is no law that says passengers must not talk during a flight.

The mom needs to teach the kid to say "Bye Bye Flight Attendant" - lol!

What a bee-otch that flight attendant was. Sheesh!!! I hope she gets fired and I hope Kate Penland sues Continental for a buncha cash. Some people in the world are just incredibly bitter and nasty and want to take their crap out on innocent others all the time. I hate people like that.

I don't know if she needs a "HUGE" cash settlement.
Maybe compensation for whatever loss catching another flight caused her.
Maybe a small amount for being embarrassed.

But I think huge settlements should be limited to serious physical harm.
I am not comfortable that people merely upset by something sue for crazy sums of money.

I don't know if she needs a "HUGE" cash settlement.
Maybe compensation for whatever loss catching another flight caused her.
Maybe a small amount for being embarrassed.

But I think huge settlements should be limited to serious physical harm.
I am not comfortable that people merely upset by something sue for crazy sums of money.

Giving someone simply what they lost doesn't cut it IMO. I don't think this woman should become a millionaire, but it's lawsuits (not frivolous ones) that show cause and effect. It would show that b**chy flight attendants won't cut it.
Otherwise, IMO, it's like letting these companies show poor quality in their business and employees and have their customers trampled on.
What happened to this woman was absolutely ridiculous. I think she should sue and it should serve as an example of how NOT to treat people.
Everyone wants babies to act like adults these days.

Giving someone simply what they lost doesn't cut it IMO. I don't think this woman should become a millionaire, but it's lawsuits (not frivolous ones) that show cause and effect. It would show that b**chy flight attendants won't cut it.
Otherwise, IMO, it's like letting these companies show poor quality in their business and employees and have their customers trampled on.
What happened to this woman was absolutely ridiculous. I think she should sue and it should serve as an example of how NOT to treat people.

I don't disagree that she should sue... Hopefully airlines will remember who they work for ...

I just dispute that a huge obscene settlement is not needed.

Seems to me that even adults don't act like adults anymore!!
(Not ALL adults, of course, but too many.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back