1211 users online (234 members and 977 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

State Senator Runs Over Granddaughter, Killing Her

This is so sad. Why do these things happen????

http://www.madison.com/bn/index.php?...bn_id=0-201248

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    This is so sad. Why do these things happen????

http://www.madison.com/bn/index.php?...bn_id=0-201248
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could never imagine - that poor family.

This is a common tragic problem, especially with large cars. The visibility in an SUV is something crazy, like 20 feet behind your car. There have been plenty of complaints about this and I believe there are now cameras you can install in your car to view the immediate back of your car.
    The rear visibility is a scary when you look into it.

Check this out about cars and rear blind spots -

http://www.komoradio.com/news/7384221.html

This is a particular problem with SUV's.

It's a terrible tragedy whenever it happens.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I just don't see how you can go on living life knowing you've taken the life of a child, especially your own grandchild. I saw a woman on Oprah once who had done this too and she was just a wreck. She couldn't let it go. It breaks my heart. I feel as bad for the driver as I do for the child victims.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

This actually happened in my family years ago, when I was a kid myself. My cousin's husband backed over their 2-year-old daughter. It was absolutely horrible. This couple had one other older daughter at the time and went on to have like 8 more children...I've always felt that they were making sure they had plenty of kids, trying to assuage the pain Christie's loss caused them. I'm not sure they ever did but their surviving children have all turned out wonderfully.

Prayers for this family. Just awful.

My car has a "sensor" that buzzes when you get too close to something behind you. I've heard that these may become a requirement for car manufacturers to include in the making of cars.

I also saw the Oprah show with that poor, dear woman. She had run over a child, I think was her grandson, and just couldn't forgive herself. The parents of her grandson had forgiven her, but she was unable to move on. They had brought on a guest that tried to help her.

Costco has back-up cameras for $80!!!

Something similar happened in my husband's family too. His uncle ran over his own little boy. It ruined him for life.

This is so horrible; and happens every year. SUVs you can't see behind very well; it pays to get those cameras, like they have in th Lexus.

I always check pretty carefully; as my husband had a patient who ran over his little girl. They were devastated, and called him for counsel. The wife would try to get up, then she would faint and have to go back to bed.

Luckily they did have another daughter later, but a child cannot be replaced.
    Toddlers do "run out" easily, or a child may be out playing.

If you have young children, check and double check before you drive in or out.

Oh, how horrid! I would never get it over it myself. I cannot imagine the guilt and the pain.

We have a rule. Before anyone leaves...we check to make sure the kids are either in the house or on the porch with an adult holding their hands. It only takes a second to know where they are and that they are safe. We are used to it. Just like having the grands put their hands on their heads before we shut a car door to avoid little fingers being smashed...the kids do it without a fuss because they have always done it this way.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

This is actually called the "bye bye syndrome" and it is always a heart breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    I just don't see how you can go on living life knowing you've taken the life of a child, especially your own grandchild. I saw a woman on Oprah once who had done this too and she was just a wreck. She couldn't let it go. .
    --I agree

How very very sad.......thoughts and prayers to the family and a special prayer for the granddad

For those, like me, that the link in post #1 doesn't work for...

http://www.charlotte.com/nation/story/196256.html

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast