679 users online (66 members and 613 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Undoing

That is when the person who has murdered the victim in a possible rage realizes what they have done and tries to undo, by wiping down the victim. This is explained more by John Douglas and the link follows: I just happen to believe this is why JonBenet was wiped down. I know there was a lot of discussion here about the wiping down of JonBenet, but little was attributed to the "undoing". Here is a link for anyone's info.

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com...les/030211.php

When a parent kills a child

Or it could be that a close relationship existed between the killer and the victim. Let's say a parent kills a child and then buries the body. You may find that the child was carefully wrapped or the face covered to keep dirt from getting in the mouth. In essence, someone is caring for the child after death.

There's a word we use: "undoing." That's when someone tries to somehow lessen the damage after committing the crime, maybe by cleansing and bandaging the wounds. The killer may try softening the appearance of the crime by making the body's position restful and clasping the hands, almost like the victim is laid out. It's a way of symbolically erasing or reversing the crime, and it suggests remorse. Doing this gives the subject away. It's a personal crime -- strangers wouldn't likely do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    That is when the person who has murdered the victim in a possible rage realizes what they have done and tries to undo, by wiping down the victim. This is explained more by John Douglas and the link follows: I just happen to believe this is why JonBenet was wiped down. I know there was a lot of discussion here about the wiping down of JonBenet, but little was attributed to the "undoing". Here is a link for anyone's info.

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com...les/030211.php

When a parent kills a child

Or it could be that a close relationship existed between the killer and the victim. Let's say a parent kills a child and then buries the body. You may find that the child was carefully wrapped or the face covered to keep dirt from getting in the mouth. In essence, someone is caring for the child after death.

There's a word we use: "undoing." That's when someone tries to somehow lessen the damage after committing the crime, maybe by cleansing and bandaging the wounds. The killer may try softening the appearance of the crime by making the body's position restful and clasping the hands, almost like the victim is laid out. It's a way of symbolically erasing or reversing the crime, and it suggests remorse. Doing this gives the subject away. It's a personal crime -- strangers wouldn't likely do this.
    The link is not working at least not on my computer. I totally agree and have heard of this before.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares View Post
    The link is not working at least not on my computer. I totally agree and have heard of this before.
    Hi Colorado. Have a great weekend.

Hi Colorado. Have a great weekend.
    You too!!

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    And of course, JR had that book "Mindhunter" on his nightstand, didn't he? It was like a "how to" manual for killing and covering up a murder.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares View Post
    I can't get it to work either....
    "This time we get it right."

What you are saying Solace is that the crux of this crime is simplicity. It's straightforward. The evidence matches and fits with what was believed to have happened.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Things are usually what they seem to be.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

That's what the CASKU folks said, too.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    That is one scary sumation.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Yep...and even though he was found innocent...Things were what they seemed to be, in the Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman murders...OJ did it...and even though nobody actually SAW Scott Peterson taking Lacy's body out in the boat...he sits on death row, because things were what they seemed to be...and the list goes on.
    "This time we get it right."

Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    What you are saying Solace is that the crux of this crime is simplicity. It's straightforward. The evidence matches and fits with what was believed to have happened.
    Also, Douglas says in his book that if the parent is the killer, they will lead the police to the body.

Douglas says one of the reasons he did not think John did it is because he FOUND the body. His book was next to John's bed, I believe. So, he is going to find the body, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    Yes Albert I am.

It's scary because it's true, 4sure.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Also, Douglas says in his book that if the parent is the killer, they will lead the police to the body.

Douglas says one of the reasons he did not think John did it is because he FOUND the body. His book was next to John's bed, I believe. So, he is going to find the body, why not?
    yes,JR led police to her,in all manner of speaking ..he 'found' the body...no difference.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast