GUILTY CO - Jaclyn Funderburg, 22, Colorado Springs, 12 July 2007

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Major Crimes is investigating the case of a missing woman. 22-year-old Jaclyn Funderburg was last seen Wednesday night.
She worked at the Wendy’s at Stetson Hills Blvd. Her co-workers say when she didn't show up for work on Thursday morning they became concerned and filed a missing persons report.

More: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/8484317.html

She has a 10-month old son :(

This sounds familiar:

Ferro says the last time they saw their friend was Wednesday when she came to Wendy's.

"I saw her leaving in her ex's car, that was the last person we saw her with," said Ferro.

11 news has learned that Funderburg's ex-boyfriend has been arrested, he's being held without bond on second degree assault charges, but we have not confirmed if this is connected to Funderburg's disappearance.
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/8484317.html

Her picture:
missing+mother.jpg

She is 5'6'' around

22-year old Jaclyn Funderburg has been missing since Tuesday when she didn't show up for work.
Her older sister, Jessica tells 11 News that Jackyln is a girl with a big heart. She would never disappear for a few days and leave her 10-month old son behind.

Jessica Funderburg hasn't heard from her sister, Jaclyn since the beginning of the week. "Probably Monday or Tuesday. She had called me to let me know she had a line on this place. She was getting her own apartment. She was very excited." Excited about her new place. And a promotion at work. But, when she didn't show up for her shift at Wendy's Thursday morning, Jessica started to worry about her younger sister. "This isn't like Jacyln. If she was in trouble, if she could call me, she always did." Jessica says Jaclyn has a troubled past. And believes she's been in an abusive relationship with the father of her baby. But, was showing signs of turning her life around. "Since Jonathan was born, she'd been very stable. She's been just really trying to overcome the troubles she had and had been face with. She been okay."
Jaclyn's son, Jonathan is in the care of her family. Her parents live in Ohio. They're on their way to Colorado Springs ... As police continue to search for Jaclyn's whereabouts.

More: http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/8511137.html

She must have run into the ex when she went to run her errands or else planned to meet with him somewhere. My money is on the ex who is in jail for assult....probably an assult against her. I wonder if that is why her teeth are wired shut...because he hit her and broke her jaw?

I'm glad that her co-workers were quick to call LE. As they knew her background with this ex and what a jerk he was they must have figured that something was really wrong. At least LE was on the case right away.

Another mama that wouldln't just run off to start a new life and leave her little one behind. This doesn't sound good at all. I hope she is found soon and is alright though.

The ex-boyfriend of a woman last seen Wednesday is now a "person of interest" in the woman's disappearance, police said Monday.

Jaclyn Funderburg, 22, was last seen between 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., getting into a 1999 white Cadillac owned by her ex-boyfriend, said Colorado Springs police spokesman Lt. Skip Arms.

Funderburg, the mother of a 10-month-old boy, Jonathan, was reported missing Thursday after she did not show up for her job at Wendy's at Powers Boulevard and Stetson Hills.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6391585?source=rss

Well the baby-daddy was also a 35 year old illegal immigrant who broke her jaw which is probably why her jaw was wired shut?!..All my money is on this LOSER. :mad:

me too. Why are these guys so stereotypically jealous? :furious:
Aside from the obvious, Jaclyn seemed to be really getting on with her life. On her sister's myspace, someone mentions buying a house or "getting their own place". The only thing is that her pics are set to private and I'd love to see & distribute her poster. Does anyone know where we can get her poster?

MG

I hope it isn't her but if it isn't then it is someone elses daughter. I think her boyfriend did something to her though. It probably is her.

11 News has learned a body has been found on private property in Colorado Springs.
The body was discovered in an area where searchers had been looking for 22-year old Jaclyn Funderburg, a young mother who has been missing for more than a week.
The discovery was made Sunday morning by El Paso County Search and Rescue crews and Colorado Springs Police Homicide Detectives.
There is NO confirmation that the body is that of Funderburg, but sources tell 11 News the body is that of a woman. That information was confirmed by police early Sunday evening.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/8651251.html

Is it my imagination or are these assaults increasing?

<sigh> Not your imagination.

Bless her friends and family. Another young mother gone and another child left to grieve forever.

I don't know what the answer is to stop this madness...but there must be some prevention in these cases! It should NEVER get to this level. We need to start effectively changing laws and coming up with new ways to protect these women. Until then, we can only sit and watch it happen time after time.

The sad thing is that people are fooling themselves into thinking this is an isolated/irrelevant problem. People I've spoken with about an increase in these types of crimes use the argument that percentages aren't going up - as in, crime is increasing as the population is increasing, meaning the percentage of people affected by crimes is getting smaller. They use this argument to say that you have a "one - in - a - million" chance of getting hurt in a crime such as this. It angers me that these women's lives are being reduced to a statistic, and even more that the statistic is being used to argue against taking action.

Losing faith and hope in humanity isn't going to help, but what are the alternatives when the very people who should care, who should be working to make a difference, turn the other way?

Please don't take this as a blame the victim mentality, but we need to start educating our children better. For our girls, we have to start early to train them to recognize possessive personalities- the would be stalkers who use love as an excuse to hurt and abuse. And we need to teach our sons that women are not second-class citizens who are there to fulfill their needs and can be mistreated when they "mess up".

I agree. The first time I'd heard of anything like this was when I was a sophomore in college and Taylor Behl disappeared, and then was found. She was just a year younger than me and I had done so many stupid things to put myself out there, including meeting a possessive, jealous, aggressive guy. I didn't know there were people out there capable of doing such things to people, and it was like a wake-up call. Again, not taking the blame-the-victim mentality either, but women need to know that these things happen, and they're happening with more frequency. The "this won't happen to me" ideology isn't going to help anyone. It's a sad fact to face, but it's a sad world.

I have raised my daughters to avoid such circumstances and to value themselves, but we can teach until we are blue in the face until they fall in love with the wrong person. My SIL didn't "fit" the criteria for the first few years (they were best friends from Jr. high) until he began showing signs of mental illness which has gotten worse over time. She did divorce him, but not before he could pull some things we never thought he would. This guy had been around our family for ten plus years before then.

I agree we do need to teach our children...but we need to make them aware of mental illness in the process. What you see is NOT always what you get.

<snip>
The El Paso County Coroner&#8217;s Office has completed an autopsy on the body that was found in a large open field located southeast of Space Village Avenue and Marksheffel Road (Banning-Lewis Ranch property) on Sunday, July 22nd. It has been confirmed that this body is that of Jaclyn Funderburg, who has been missing since July 11, 2007. Her death has been ruled a homicide due to multiple injuries.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/8666477.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back