Doctor stole twin, raised as his own

For those that don't want to watch a video, here is a print article:

<snip>
QUITO, Ecuador - A chance meeting has reunited identical twin sisters who were separated at birth nearly 15 years ago &#8212; and touched off a legal dispute over how two doctors adopted one of the girls.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19749574/

Wow, that reminds me of the book The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

I saw this link on MSNBC. So sad. I tend to believe the mom in all of this. The that was taken away girl says that the doctors have been kind to her and doesn't want to have to leave them. I can see her point of view also. Think of the heartbreak that mom went through seeing a mirror image of her daughter at a resturant, and finding out that she was with the wife of the doctor who delivered her! And knowing that you've missed out on your child's life for 15 years. How sad.

I agree! I believe the mother.

Sounds to me like the Dr's decided that due to her young age she could not handle both babies and kept one as their own.

Wait a minute. IF she had had pre-natal care while pregnant, somone would of told her she was expecting twins. (I know it was a foreign country.)

I believe the Doctor. If she was a single mom she may of very well said
know to two babies she couldn't support. She does not want to be shamed
by her family for giving up a baby and not telling anyone.

WOW! That is a fantastic story! I am sorry, but I believe the mother in this one. If it were as the Doctors stated...they would have the paperwork to back it up and it would have been done legally so not to have this issue arise as it has. Even in that country, the Doctors were intelligent enough to know to adopt her legally. I think they took it upon themselves to steal this child.

How wonderful for the mother and her twin they are reunited! Amazing!

Wait a minute. IF she had had pre-natal care while pregnant, somone would of told her she was expecting twins. (I know it was a foreign country.)

Not necessarily, these girls are 14?
14 years ago especially in another country they may not have been in the habit of doing routine ultrasounds...
And who knows if the Dr decided this early on if he detected 2 heartbeats?

I believe the mother, also. No doubt in my mind. It's a shame the daughter that was taken is asking that no law action be continued and to stop with it. I think the bio-mother should go full steam ahead and sue the bad doctor for stealing her child. Just unbelievable the nerve of people.

I believe the mother, also. No doubt in my mind. It's a shame the daughter that was taken is asking that no law action be continued and to stop with it. I think the bio-mother should go full steam ahead and sue the bad doctor for stealing her child. Just unbelievable the nerve of people.

I can understand the daughter loving the parents who raised her, but to say <snip from msnbc link above>“If they love me so much,” the girl said of her biological parents, “let them stop (the lawsuit) and tell me that they won’t do anything against the doctors.” is showing no compassion at all for the bio mom. How can anyone expect someone who's lost so much to NOT do something about it? It's using "emotional blackmail" to stop the threat... and it just ain't right...

I can understand the daughter loving the parents who raised her, but to say <snip from msnbc link above>“If they love me so much,” the girl said of her biological parents, “let them stop (the lawsuit) and tell me that they won’t do anything against the doctors.” is showing no compassion at all for the bio mom. How can anyone expect someone who's lost so much to NOT do something about it? It's using "emotional blackmail" to stop the threat... and it just ain't right...

I think we are talking about a very young girl who no doubt believes her adoptive parents version of what happened.
of course she is going to trust and believe them..
Whats really sad is if the trust is based on a lie and she will have a lot of issues later on if that turns out to be the case.

Logger, I would tend to agree with you, but my own sister carried twins and didn't know until she delivered them at 7 months pregnant.

We were all completely shocked, when she delivered two tiny baby boys weighing 2 and 3 pounds. Totally identical in every way.

We had no idea.

teeray

Logger, I would tend to agree with you, but my own sister carried twins and didn't know until she delivered them at 7 months pregnant.

We were all completely shocked, when she delivered two tiny baby boys weighing 2 and 3 pounds. Totally identical in every way.

We had no idea.

teeray

Teeray I hope your little surprises are doing ok?

IMO indentical twins should never be seperated.

I believe the mother here too. This DR kidnapped the baby it sounds like.

I can understand the daughter loving the parents who raised her, but to say <snip from msnbc link above>&#8220;If they love me so much,&#8221; the girl said of her biological parents, &#8220;let them stop (the lawsuit) and tell me that they won&#8217;t do anything against the doctors.&#8221; is showing no compassion at all for the bio mom. How can anyone expect someone who's lost so much to NOT do something about it? It's using "emotional blackmail" to stop the threat... and it just ain't right...

As a child of adoption raised from birth by loving parents, I can tell you I would feel exactly the same way. At nearly 15 years old, with only 3 years to go until she is a legal adult I think that in this instance it would be best to postpone litigation until that time. Whether or not it was legal, these two people are the only parents she has known and to place her with her bio mom for her remaining few years of "childhood," would be cruel.

When I met my biological father, all he talked about is what horrible people my adoptive parents were for not selling me to his family. Yes, they tried to buy me back after the LEGAL adoption went through and he changed his mind. He was constantly hysterical when we spoke, and fact of the matter is he scared me. Since I met him a few years back, we have not spoken again because he attempted to force a relationship on me, and because of the things he said about my parents.

Those who raised you with love are your real parents. I believe that this lawsuit is making this girl feel like someone is attacking her family. I know 1000&#37; I would feel the same way as I have no emotional connection to my biological parents. I don't get how it's emotional blackmail if you have no emotional connection to the person...

ETA: I do think that this case should be prosecuted IF it was a kidnapping.

Kidnapping is a horrible crime - but IF a child of mine HAD to be kidnapped, I'd really prefer to 1. Not know about it like that and 2. Have my child be well loved and cared for.

I hope they aren't prosecuted as harshly as those who kidnap, rape and kill... and I LOVE the idea of waiting until she's a legal adult to prosecute. Whoever said that earlier had a great brainstorm!

A friend of mine just recently had surprise twins, and she had had an ultrasound and also heard the baby's heart. I guess somehow the second heartbeat was undetectable, maybe in sync with the first baby's heartbeat? I don't know, but I know it was a surprise.

I am on the fence with this one. How old was the mother when she gave birth? I've heard of teen mothers doing crazy things. And yet, there should be paperwork to make it legal.

I do think the child should stay with the doctors, though. Why turn her world upside down at this point in her life? She's safe, happy, loved, well-cared for...she can still have a relationship with her biological parents.

A friend of mine just recently had surprise twins, and she had had an ultrasound and also heard the baby's heart. I guess somehow the second heartbeat was undetectable, maybe in sync with the first baby's heartbeat? I don't know, but I know it was a surprise.

I am on the fence with this one. How old was the mother when she gave birth? I've heard of teen mothers doing crazy things. And yet, there should be paperwork to make it legal.

I do think the child should stay with the doctors, though. Why turn her world upside down at this point in her life? She's safe, happy, loved, well-cared for...she can still have a relationship with her biological parents.

It makes sense. It's easy to see the other side of the fence though - we're basically saying it's okay to kidnap a child from someone if you're good to the kid. I am always glad it is not me who has to make the decisions in difficult issues like these!

I believe the doctors, this young mum to be had a cesarian to deliver twins, i wonder if there were nurses present at the surgery and if so how did the doctor hide this baby from the them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back