675 users online (87 members and 588 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Jennifer Douglas, 17, Denver, 16 July 1984

Jennifer Anne Douglas

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 16, 1984 from Denver, Colorado
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: May 21, 1967
    Height and Weight: 5'0, 87 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue/green eyes.

Details of Disappearance
    Douglas was last seen riding a new boys' bicycle in her hometown of Denver, Colorado on July 16, 1984. The bicycle was a black Univega 12-speed; it has never been located. Douglas has never been heard from again. A search of the area, focusing mainly on the Highline Canal trail, turned up no sign of her. Police believe she was taken against her will by a non-family member. She resided in the Park Hill neighborhood of Denver at the time of her disappearance.
    Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Denver Police Department
    303-640-3875

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._jennifer.html

Today, July 16, 2007, marks the twenty-third anniversary of Jennifer's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Jennifer Anne Douglas, please call the Denver Police Department at
    303-640-3875 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous).

Quote Originally Posted by lostwithoutyou View Post
    Today, July 16, 2007, marks the twenty-third anniversary of Jennifer's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Jennifer Anne Douglas, please call the Denver Police Department at
    303-640-3875 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous).
    Thanks for keeping Jennifer's case updated. She disappeared around the same time period as Beth Miller:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=beth+miller

I always wondered if these cases were related.

I remember discussing Jennifer's disappearance with an NCMEC investigator and she said they had zilch: no evidence of an abduction, but no evidence that she'd left on her own either, and if she'd left on her own it seems likely she would have got in touch with her family by now. Who runs away on a bicycle anyway, especially a seventeen-year-old who could probably drive?

25 year anniversary...

It has now been 25 years since Jennifer's disappearance.

Jennifer Douglas

Is this case still active? I remember this case when Jennifer disappeared? I think about her all of the time.

Welcome to Websleuths amanishakhete. We are so happy that you are here and I, personally, look forward to reading your posts!

Thanks. How does one get in touch with the family of the missing? Before Jennifer disappeared my mother notice a man driving erratically for several days. We lived a few blocks from Jennifer. My mother called the police and reported this activity several times and they blew her off.

WHEN JENNIFER DISAPPEARD. THE DRIVER DISAPPEARED.

I don't believe in coincidences.

Interesting that this disappearance happened the same year as the Bennet murders, Patricia Smith, Donna Dixon .... They say several similar attacks happened along the Highline Canal leading up to these attacks. They say this killer worked his way along the Alameda corridor.

Jennifer has been missing for 32 years now.

This was written about three years ago; gives a more in-depth look at the initial investigation and Jennifer's personality.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...ike-ride/7243/

Since then, there doesn't appear to be more information made public on possible suspects or theories on what could have happened to Jennifer. The author does reference the disappearances of Beth Miller and Jonelle Matthews as possible cases that could be connected to this one.

NamUs

Do you think this case could be connected to Elizabeth Miller (1983), or Jonelle Matthews (1984)? Both were about the same age and Jonelle vanished not far from where Jennifer lived.
    Or maybe the murder of Tracy Neef in 1983? https://apps.colorado.gov/apps/coldc...l.html?id=1598
    Or the murder of Sabrina Judesh, in 1984? https://apps.colorado.gov/apps/coldc...ail.html?id=33