Jennifer Anne Douglas

douglas_jennifer.jpg
douglas_jennifer_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 16, 1984 from Denver, Colorado
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: May 21, 1967
Height and Weight: 5'0, 87 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue/green eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Douglas was last seen riding a new boys' bicycle in her hometown of Denver, Colorado on July 16, 1984. The bicycle was a black Univega 12-speed; it has never been located. Douglas has never been heard from again. A search of the area, focusing mainly on the Highline Canal trail, turned up no sign of her. Police believe she was taken against her will by a non-family member. She resided in the Park Hill neighborhood of Denver at the time of her disappearance.
Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Denver Police Department
303-640-3875

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/douglas_jennifer.html

Today, July 16, 2007, marks the twenty-third anniversary of Jennifer's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Jennifer Anne Douglas, please call the Denver Police Department at
303-640-3875 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous).

Today, July 16, 2007, marks the twenty-third anniversary of Jennifer's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Jennifer Anne Douglas, please call the Denver Police Department at
303-640-3875 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous).

Thanks for keeping Jennifer's case updated. She disappeared around the same time period as Beth Miller:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40592&highlight=beth+miller

I always wondered if these cases were related.

I remember discussing Jennifer's disappearance with an NCMEC investigator and she said they had zilch: no evidence of an abduction, but no evidence that she'd left on her own either, and if she'd left on her own it seems likely she would have got in touch with her family by now. Who runs away on a bicycle anyway, especially a seventeen-year-old who could probably drive?

It has now been 25 years since Jennifer's disappearance.

Welcome to Websleuths amanishakhete. We are so happy that you are here and I, personally, look forward to reading your posts!

:balloons:

Thanks. How does one get in touch with the family of the missing? Before Jennifer disappeared my mother notice a man driving erratically for several days. We lived a few blocks from Jennifer. My mother called the police and reported this activity several times and they blew her off.

WHEN JENNIFER DISAPPEARD. THE DRIVER DISAPPEARED.

I don't believe in coincidences.

Interesting that this disappearance happened the same year as the Bennet murders, Patricia Smith, Donna Dixon .... They say several similar attacks happened along the Highline Canal leading up to these attacks. They say this killer worked his way along the Alameda corridor.

Jennifer has been missing for 32 years now.

This was written about three years ago; gives a more in-depth look at the initial investigation and Jennifer's personality.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2013/09/21/young-denver-ballerina-vanishes-during-bike-ride/7243/

Since then, there doesn't appear to be more information made public on possible suspects or theories on what could have happened to Jennifer. The author does reference the disappearances of Beth Miller and Jonelle Matthews as possible cases that could be connected to this one.

NamUs

Poor little girl, maybe her father has something to do with this... I would never cross my mind to do something like that to my two little girls. I love them with my life and I would rather die than them... and if I have to kill someone who I do some kind of damage to them, I would do it without thinking.
download

Jennifer Anne Douglas, age 17, Missing since 16 July 1984

LINKS:

• jennifer_anne_douglas_1.jpg
  • douglas_jennifer2.jpg
  • jennifer_anne_douglas_2.jpg
Jennifer, circa 1984; Age-progression to age 44 (circa 2011)
  • Missing Since 07/16/1984
  • Missing From Denver, Colorado
  • Classification Non-Family Abduction
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/21/1967 (56)
  • Age 17 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 87 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue/green khaki shorts, black Nike sneakers and a blue fanny pack.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Brand-new black boys' Univega 12-speed bicycle with the tag number 12083

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue/green eyes. Jennifer wears contact lenses. Her nickname is Jenny.

Details of Disappearance​

Jennifer called her mother from their home in the 2500 block of Albion Street in the Park Hill neighborhood of Denver, Colorado on July 16, 1984. She said she was going for a bike ride on the Highline Canal trail.

The bicycle was a brand-new black boys' Univega 12-speed model with the tag number 12083. A witness saw her riding north on Monaco Parkway after she left her residence.

Jennifer was supposed to have a ballet class from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m., but she never showed up for her class and never returned home. An extensive search turned up no sign of her or her bicycle. She was a dedicated rider who sometimes rode for 60 miles at a time.

Jennifer was looking forward to appearing in a ballet performance scheduled the week after her disappearance. She attended East High School and was a straight-A student with no apparent problems at school or at home. Her parents stated she was not the kind of person to run away.

Foul play is suspected in Jennifer's case; both authorities and her family believe she was taken against her will. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Denver Police Department 303-640-3875

Source Information​

Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 15, 2019; picture added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back