GUILTY VA - NFL QB Michael Vick, 3 others indicted for dog fighting, Surry County, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is about time!!! Although I am not sure he will get what he deserves. The laws are just not tough enough on animal crulity.

Disgusting--The dogs were electrocuted,drowned,hanged, and shot--Vick and his cohorts seem pretty sadistic--One dog was killed by slamming it to the ground--Vick needs to be banned from football permanently,which should happen soon enough--and his contract should be voided--and hopefully, Vick and the others involved will serve the maximum sentence of six years in prison

I am SO glad that he has been indicted!!!!! I was getting concerned that he would just walk away from this. This is a story that I've been following really close. I was a major Falcons fan, living in ATL, but have never been a Vick fan and when this happened I even wrote to them an angry letter that I threw out all my Falcon gear and was now a Buc's fan. They wrote back that they were still investigating, blah, blah, blah. Babineux (sp) is also up on animal cruelty charges (another Falcon's player) for beating his girlfriends pit bull to death, blunt force trauma to the head, still being investigated.
I will never, ever understand why anyone gets off on this horrific, disgusting thing. I will forever be out there fighting against this and tougher laws against those that participate in it. They inbreed them to try and get a 'crazier' dog, they give them cocaine, they give them steriods, they raise them with chains and weights around their necks for stronger neck and jaw muscles, they use rape stands to breed, they starve them to get them to get them to be meaner for food, they inject them with all sorts of drugs, they will steal YOUR dog right out of your backyard and use it as bait in one of their fights, just cut it for the scent of blood and throw it in the ring...they are horrible, horrible people! The laws should be stiffer. Vick can pay that 350k penalty with pocket change, he has to do time.
I am really sorry if anyone is disturbed by reading what they do. I just really, really hate these dog fighting people. I've been at the shelters volunteering when some of these losing dogs were brought in after they were dumped in the street half dead, missing part of their jaw and chunks of muscle, it is horrible.

Catsmeow.... I so agree with everything you said!! But I'm willing to bet he gets out of this whole thing. I just bet you everything that he'll walk out with a not guilty. And that makes me want to puke. I hope not, but I bet so.

Disgusting--The dogs were electrocuted,drowned,hanged, and shot--Vick and his cohorts seem pretty sadistic--One dog was killed by slamming it to the ground--Vick needs to be banned from football permanently,which should happen soon enough--and his contract should be voided--and hopefully, Vick and the others involved will serve the maximum sentence of six years in prison

Heh, I found myself agreeing with your post until the last sentence. They should get more than six years. What they did was disgusting.

And what a LOSER Vick is...he had MILLIONS of dollars and have more opportunities than most people to have fun in other safe/legal ways and he chose to hurt animals. What a jerk.

Catsmeow.... I so agree with everything you said!! But I'm willing to bet he gets out of this whole thing. I just bet you everything that he'll walk out with a not guilty. And that makes me want to puke. I hope not, but I bet so.

God I hope not. It is so sad to think so. I saw an earlier article that said that (I've been looking like crazy for it now, I swore it was on foxnews!) on Vicks website he states that he is from Newport News (aka Badnews) so he also refers to that kennel on HIS website, so it looks as though they have done their homework for their case. Personally, I'd like to see him banned from the NFL as well, and THAT I kinda think may happen. I don't think he will walk away from this completely clean. I am praying that justice is done on this.

It's is sad that someone with as much opportunity and money as he had, he decided THIS is what he wanted to do with his life. Idiot. Could have gone on vacations anywhere, contributed to society and charities, had the time of his life...but NOOOOOOO he wanted to be a serial animal abuser and killer, nevermind the gambling involved.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289729,00.html

I so hope he gets what he deserves..all those poor animals. My parents had people that lived behind them that had pitbulls caged (they couldnt really see them because of their privacy fence) but there was at least 5 or 6 but, the poor animals had their voiceboxes removed so you couldnt hear them barking..was so awful. They dont have the dogs anymore..hoping that animal control took them and they didnt die in dog fights..

It would make me sick to my stomach, but I would personally like to attend his trial and look him in the eye and have the opportunity to tell him what a piece of filth he is. It's not even the fighting, which is bad enough, it's the things that this coward and his cohorts did to these animals personally that is beyond despicable.

He's a sick SOB! There's no if's and's or but's about it. I hope he goes to prison and gets some serious tossed salad (Chris Rock) WOuld you like jelly with that Vick? You sick, demented, rotten !

Some role model he is, he makes MILLIONS of dollars and fights poor defensless animals that depend on him for thier well being. Then when they lose, he has his cronies dump water on them and electrocute them?

I don't care if this practice has been going on for 100's of years down South, he's a VA boy now and I hope he GOES DOWN!

This guy is a straight up idiot! How does one spend thier youth playing good football, actually make the NFL and then gets one of the highest paying contracts ever? Only to act like a kid in candy store on a shopping spree. I mean, STD's (I tried for a while to get me a Ron Mexico jersey), trying to bring pot through the airport. Now dog fighting. Sounds like a skit on SNL rather than real life...

I also threw away my Clinton Portis jersey after hearing the stupidity spewing out of his pie hole.

During an interview he said that the dogs were Vicks and he should be able to do with them whatever he wants.

Redskin fans don't play like that! He's been blackballed all around town by the fans. He's since refuted his remarks but I think it's too late.

I do not like pits, but what those animals suffered should be accounted for. Vick is a lying ! He had claimed he's rarelly home and had no knowledge of the dog fighting. Who doesn't notice 66 dogs tied in chains to truck axles? He needs to lose everything...JMO. If animal control took the dogs, they will be destroyed. Those dogs are too far beyond rehabilitating for adoption.

RICHMOND, Va. - When a Bad Newz Kennels dog was wounded in a losing fight, NFL star Michael Vick was consulted before the animal was doused with water and electrocuted. That's just one of the gruesome details that emerged Tuesday when the Atlanta Falcons quarterback and three others were indicted by a federal grand jury.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070718/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_falcons_vick_indictment

That video left me in tears.

1 in 5 Chicago grammar school children has been involved in dog fighting. What is WRONG with our society? They will grow up thinking this is the norm and perpetuate this sick and evil "sport."

I am really just speechless right now.

Please write your politicians and demand that animal abuse be made a felony offense in your state with significant penalties. Demand that strict laws against animal fighting be enacted and enforced. Dog and chicken fighting still exist in almost every state and as long as the citizenry refuses to contact the people who can do something about it, the laws won't change.

Pardon me for preaching but if this is to stop it is up to us to take care of it. Politicians aren't going to lift a finger about something that the public doesn't make a stink about.

Time to let Nike know how we all feel. They are a sponsor of Michael Sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member