913 users online (167 members and 746 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

WI - Mahalia Xiong, 21, Green Bay, 13 July 2007

The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay campus is getting involved in the search for a missing student.
    Photos of missing 21-year old Mahalia Xiong are now posted on the UW-Green Bay website. www.uwgb.edu

Campus Police Sgt. Keith Rosin says the flyers have also been posted all over campus and a description, along with the pictures, has been sent to students and staff via email.

Family members say she spent a night bowling and drinking with friends and drove toward home alone. Some reports say she tried calling her boyfriend at 2:30 AM but left no message. She hasn't been seen since.

Sgt. Rosin says they are all too aware of the Kelly Nolan case in Madison, the missing and murdered UW-Whitewater coed.

Anyone with information about Mahalia Xiong should call Green Bay Police who are handling the investigation.

http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?ob...F79513E168D84B

http://www.uwgb.edu/univcomm/news/missing.htm
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 07-16-2007 at 07:57 PM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Let's hope they check cell phone records ASAP. She had it at 2:30, at least. Gosh, what is going on in WI??

That is only 2 hours and 38 minutes from Madison, WI.

I don't KNOW what is going on up there! I find it troubling all these women have one solid factor in common tho...which is being affiliated with the University of Wisconsin.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

This is definitely unsettling. One starts thinking serial killer. Have to wait & see what LE finds out. I'm also wondering about the rash of male students drowning after a night out. An awful lot of them having this type of "accident".

I was thinking about the men drowning, as well. Something else these girls and the men have in common (I think) is they were all out at night with friends, with alcohol present, and got separated and disappeared. Hopefully Mahalia will be found safe, but from what people are saying about her (ie, committed and dependable) it doesn't look good.

A somewhat scary thing, if you google her name you find this near the top:

Officer: Mahalia Xiong
    2357 Manitowoc Road; Green Bay, WI 54311
    1-920-360-1380
    xionm24@uwgb.edu

If she made it home, someone could have been there. And they had her phone number, though I'm not sure if that's a cell phone or not.

Since we all know she left the bowling alley after drinking. I will lay odds they will find her car off the road somewhere with her in it.This sounds like a drinking and driving case. Not a serial killer on the loose.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

The only things keeping me from thinking that this is a drunken driving case are that she seems responsible and I don't think her friends would let her drive if she were drunk, and why haven't they found her car yet? They have an idea of where she was before she went missing, so I would think, I would hope, that they would have searched around that area.

Could be a case of drinking and driving...then crashing. It is always a possibility. At least they do have the record of that cell phone call and can tell right about where she was at the time to give them a direction to start searching in case it wasn't toward her home.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A comment from her boyfriend on a friend's myspace:

"no clue. no leads. the cops think she ran away, but thats not like her to not tell anyone. we just need to keep doing what we're doing and keep passing the word. the more eyes and ears the better. please repost bro."

If it is a case of drunken driving...I would have completely lost faith in LE if I lived there. I'm not sure of the area, but she's been missing for several days - if her car has crashed, they should have found it by now.

Also, I did a google maps of the place she was last seen to the place of residence listed for her on the UW website: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...UTF8&z=13&om=1 It's about 9 miles, 15 minutes, and crosses several parks and a body of water. If it is a drunken driving accident, the car should be found soon, as these look (to me) like pretty frequented places.

Also, going out on a Thursday night to the bowling alley was a common thing - she and friends did it most Thursday nights. Something made this night different.
    Last edited by BrowneyedEmily; 07-16-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Add

Quote Originally Posted by BrowneyedEmily View Post
    The only things keeping me from thinking that this is a drunken driving case are that she seems responsible and I don't think her friends would let her drive if she were drunk, and why haven't they found her car yet? They have an idea of where she was before she went missing, so I would think, I would hope, that they would have searched around that area.

There was a case just recently of a Coronor assit. and a Jesuit priest who went missing in Oregon. They were miising for over 2 weeks. They found the car finally down a cliff. But they were both dead.And reading your last post. I read a body of water where she might of ended up. Cell phones do not work after wet.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Her friends took the highway, but Xiong took a different route — presumably Oneida Street — en route to her east-side Green Bay home.

From what family members have pieced together, Xiong and her friends left Ashwaubenon Bowling Alley, 2929 Allied St., sometime after 2 a.m. Friday, Lee said.
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...0101/707160523

This was on a Thursday nite/Friday am and the Bowling alley states in all of their advertising they only stay open until 1:00 am, but they have the Field House bar which might stay open til 2:00 am, but they don't say that. http://www.ashbowl.com/
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

GREEN BAY - A UW-Green Bay student leader has disappeared after a night out with friends.

Twenty-one-year-old Mahalia Xiong was reported missing after she didn't return from a night of bowling and drinking at an Ashwaubenon bowling alley.

Xiong's family says she left her car at the alley around 11 p.m. Thursday to go with friends to a Green Bay bar. She also talked to her sister around that same time, telling her she was fine.

“I did call her that night around 11. She said she was fine, out with a few friends, bowling, just having a good time. That was the last time I’ve heard from her,” Xiong's older sister Melissa Sinitsky said.

"She should have been home a long time ago and if not, she would have gone to her boyfriend's," said sister Malee Xiong.

Xiong and her friends left the bar and returned to Ashwaubenon so she could pick up her car about two Friday morning. She took a different route and headed back to Green Bay.

She called her boyfriend about 2:30 a.m. but didn't leave a message. No one has heard from her since. Xiong was physically seen driving her car around the same time.

"How am I feeling right now? Too many emotions to comment on that," said Xiong's boyfriend Addison Lee. "I just hope she comes back safe and sound."

Xiong is an officer in the university's Southeast Asian Student Union. Her brother, Tou Lee, said his sister is a responsible, outgoing leader.

She was driving a four-door, 1996 Mercury Sable with a Wisconsin license plate of TFD715. the car is also missing.

"There's so many possibilities right now, we don't even know," said Sinitsky. "We're taking all the roads she would have taken home, just driving all over."

The family said Xiong bowled at the alley most Thursday nights with friends.

"There was nothing out of the ordinary at all inside the bowling alley that night," said Jeffrey Schermetzler of Ashwaubenon Lanes.

Sinitsky asked that if anyone sees her sister or even thinks they do, to call police.

Police are still interviewing the last people to see Mahalia Xiong and are stilll reviewing surveillance tape.

Sinitsky says the family set up a reward fund at Pioneer Bank. The family says the money will be given to whoever has information leading to Xiong's whereabouts.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/8535542.html

This explains some of the questions I have been asking.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Greta is going to talk about this case tonight in 15 minutes. On Fox News.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast