809 users online (110 members and 699 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    115

    Exclamation The Chair Blocking the Basement Door

    In JonBenet: The Police files it says:

    One of the crime scene photo showed a chair blocking the door into the train room, to get to the broken window in the cellar, someone has to go through that door. John found the chair blocking the entrance way during his first trip of searching the basement, he moved it and then moved it back he said.
    LS: So you think that the chair would block the door and nobody would
    have gotten in there with out moving it?

    JR: Correct

    LS: The thing I am trying to figure out in my mind is, if an intruder went through that door he'd almost have to pull the chair behind him, because that would have been his exit, so that's not very logical as far as......

    JR: I think that it is, I mean if this person is that bizzar, really clever to have not left any good evidence, but left all these funny clues around they are clever enough to pull the chair back when they left.

    My questions:

    1. Are there any crime scene photos of this chair?
    2. Why did John move the chair and then move it back? I am thinking he found JonBenet on his "first trip" to the basement and he put the chair there to block the door so that no one could find JonBenet. What kind of an intruder "put things back"? If someone just commited a murder they'd be fleeing out of the house as fast as they could. They wouldn't be putting things back in place.
    3. Was the chair there the second time John & Fleet went down and discovered JonBenet's body?
    4. Could this have been what the neighbor ment when she said she heard "metal scraping against concret."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
    In JonBenet: The Police files it says:

    One of the crime scene photo showed a chair blocking the door into the train room, to get to the broken window in the cellar, someone has to go through that door. John found the chair blocking the entrance way during his first trip of searching the basement, he moved it and then moved it back he said.
    LS: So you think that the chair would block the door and nobody would
    have gotten in there with out moving it?

    JR: Correct

    LS: The thing I am trying to figure out in my mind is, if an intruder went through that door he'd almost have to pull the chair behind him, because that would have been his exit, so that's not very logical as far as......

    JR: I think that it is, I mean if this person is that bizzar, really clever to have not left any good evidence, but left all these funny clues around they are clever enough to pull the chair back when they left.

    My questions:

    1. Are there any crime scene photos of this chair?
    2. Why did John move the chair and then move it back? I am thinking he found JonBenet on his "first trip" to the basement and he put the chair there to block the door so that no one could find JonBenet. Shanny, JonBenet was not in that room was she. The chair is blocking the door to another room, am I correct. The room that JB was in did not have a window, did it. It was used as the wine cellar.

    What kind of an intruder "put things back"? If someone just commited a murder they'd be fleeing out of the house as fast as they could. They wouldn't be putting things back in place. A devious one, according to John.

    3. Was the chair there the second time John & Fleet went down and discovered JonBenet's body? I think it was as I recall.

    4. Could this have been what the neighbor ment when she said she heard "metal scraping against concret."
    Who knows.

    Replies above.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    4,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
    In JonBenet: The Police files it says:

    One of the crime scene photo showed a chair blocking the door into the train room, to get to the broken window in the cellar, someone has to go through that door. John found the chair blocking the entrance way during his first trip of searching the basement, he moved it and then moved it back he said.
    LS: So you think that the chair would block the door and nobody would
    have gotten in there with out moving it?

    JR: Correct

    LS: The thing I am trying to figure out in my mind is, if an intruder went through that door he'd almost have to pull the chair behind him, because that would have been his exit, so that's not very logical as far as......

    JR: I think that it is, I mean if this person is that bizzar, really clever to have not left any good evidence, but left all these funny clues around they are clever enough to pull the chair back when they left.

    My questions:

    1. Are there any crime scene photos of this chair?
    2. Why did John move the chair and then move it back? I am thinking he found JonBenet on his "first trip" to the basement and he put the chair there to block the door so that no one could find JonBenet. What kind of an intruder "put things back"? If someone just commited a murder they'd be fleeing out of the house as fast as they could. They wouldn't be putting things back in place.
    3. Was the chair there the second time John & Fleet went down and discovered JonBenet's body?
    4. Could this have been what the neighbor ment when she said she heard "metal scraping against concret."
    1. Don't remember any crime scene photos of the chair blocking the door.
    2. We only have John's word that he removed and then moved the chair back. And, his word isn't that reliable.
    3. I think the chair was there on the second trip and remained there since the cops where aware of it and asking questions about it.
    4. Sure the intruder was clever, neat and orderly. He replaced the cap on the black writing pen and placed the pen back where it was usually held in a cup holder.
    JMO
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    4. Sure the intruder was clever, neat and orderly. He replaced the cap on the black writing pen and placed the pen back where it was usually held in a cup holder.
    JMO
    I bet he even cleaned up after Patsy while he was there.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778 View Post
    I bet he even cleaned up after Patsy while he was there.
    He should have flushed all of those toilets that Patsy said looked like somebody went potty and didn't flush. That is just GROSS.
    "This time we get it right."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    The chair was pulled in front of the train room door (the room with the broken window), not the wineceller where JBR's body was. So I don't think JR replaced the chair to keep the body from being found. We'll never know the real reason, but it is just as puzzling as why he didn't tell the police about the broken window. Then he goes and tells FW that HE broke the window months before. It's almost as if he FORGOT that he "needed" the broken window to have been done by the "intruder".
    His ridiculous answer to the implausibility of anyone actually being able to pull that chair in front of the door from the other side AFTER it was closed speaks volumes to me about just how stupid he thought LE was. And to tell you the truth, NO ONE called him on that silly comment. Like so many of the R's slip-ups, LE just let it go.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    The chair was pulled in front of the train room door (the room with the broken window), not the wineceller where JBR's body was. So I don't think JR replaced the chair to keep the body from being found. We'll never know the real reason, but it is just as puzzling as why he didn't tell the police about the broken window. Then he goes and tells FW that HE broke the window months before. It's almost as if he FORGOT that he "needed" the broken window to have been done by the "intruder".
    His ridiculous answer to the implausibility of anyone actually being able to pull that chair in front of the door from the other side AFTER it was closed speaks volumes to me about just how stupid he thought LE was. And to tell you the truth, NO ONE called him on that silly comment. Like so many of the R's slip-ups, LE just let it go.
    Thank you so much DeeDee. I thought the chair was in front of the train room, but there is so much in this case, that one forgets, and I did not feel like looking for it. So thank you.

    LKL asked him about it and he said the same thing as he said to LS, this was a devious person.

    What is interesting to me about this crime is the fact that the parents are so willing to be interviewed about it and speak so often. I really believe they were involved and if you look at the ransom note, the handwriting is very very shakey - someone was hardly able to write and that is with a very thick pen and you can still see the writer was shaking badly. The fact that it is such a horrible crime - not only murder but the subsequent defiling is just beyond the pale and that is why I think there are people who find it too hard to believe the parents did this especially since they are wealthy people and not inner city people or trailer people. These are wealthy people who are intelligent and made their money themselves into a billion dollar business. I find myself thinking about it and just the fact that one of them carried her to the basement stops me every time, every time.

  8. #8
    The question should be... was the chair blocking the train room, where earlier Officer French and Fleet White examined the basement?
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    Thank you so much DeeDee. I thought the chair was in front of the train room, but there is so much in this case, that one forgets, and I did not feel like looking for it. So thank you.

    LKL asked him about it and he said the same thing as he said to LS, this was a devious person.

    What is interesting to me about this crime is the fact that the parents are so willing to be interviewed about it and speak so often. I really believe they were involved and if you look at the ransom note, the handwriting is very very shakey - someone was hardly able to write and that is with a very thick pen and you can still see the writer was shaking badly. The fact that it is such a horrible crime - not only murder but the subsequent defiling is just beyond the pale and that is why I think there are people who find it too hard to believe the parents did this especially since they are wealthy people and not inner city people or trailer people. These are wealthy people who are intelligent and made their money themselves into a billion dollar business. I find myself thinking about it and just the fact that one of them carried her to the basement stops me every time, every time.
    Money cannot buy true caring love or even class and OJ and the Ramseys and Midyettes are living proof of that. Mark Lunsford was a mobile home person the Midyettes come from wealth and power I think murder does not have a stereo type Some poor people love their children fiercely, some rich and educated see them as possesions. I dont see how wealth = intelligence either. JMHO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    Who knows.

    Replies above.
    Solace....The chair was blocking the basement door...which led to the wine cellar....which did have a window.....and no a murderer wouldnt have put stuff back unless they were trying to get caught which isnt likey my only theory on the chair...is it was an inside job and they put it back for a reason.....
    Life is just too short to wake up with regrets.So love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don't. Believe that everything happens for a reason, If you get a chance:TAKE IT! If it changes your life: LET IT! Nobody said that it would be easy they just said that it would be worth it. The people you need in your life are the ones who have proved they need you in theirs. Love me or hate me, It won't make me of break me.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares View Post
    Money cannot buy true caring love or even class and OJ and the Ramseys and Midyettes are living proof of that. Mark Lunsford was a mobile home person the Midyettes come from wealth and power I think murder does not have a stereo type Some poor people love their children fiercely, some rich and educated see them as possesions. I dont see how wealth = intelligence either. JMHO
    The Midyettes may come from wealth and power but Jason Midyette's father looks like he has been sitting in a rocking chair drinking bear and smoking crack for the past 15 years. He is repulsive beyond repulsive and I hope he gets put in jail with a few good men who know what to do with him regularly.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by gracefuljf1505 View Post
    Solace....The chair was blocking the basement door...which led to the wine cellar....which did have a window.....and no a murderer wouldnt have put stuff back unless they were trying to get caught which isnt likey my only theory on the chair...is it was an inside job and they put it back for a reason.....
    Graceful, I thought that the chair was blocking the room with the window that had the suitcase beneath it. Am I wrong. I can't take much more.

    http://jonbenetramsey.pbwiki.com/The%20Basement

    Here you go. There is no window in the room where she was found. This is a site with pictures. The chair is blocking the room to the Train Room. The Train room had a window, which is thought to be the escape route for this very very very very neat intruder.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    The Midyettes may come from wealth and power but Jason Midyette's father looks like he has been sitting in a rocking chair drinking bear and smoking crack for the past 15 years. He is repulsive beyond repulsive and I hope he gets put in jail with a few good men who know what to do with him regularly.
    Couldnt agree with you more, that proves the point that not always can you tell what the story is till you read the book. Wealth and power has produced some real sludge out of the gene pool each case and individual must be evaluated on its own merits. Ramseys were not dirt poor or mobile home people But Auntie Pam acts more like she has no class at all as I recall the McDonalds , she incident did not even pay for her own coke or meal after braggin how she'd nade her first million. I have met some Mobile home people who have a lot more class and pride. I think it was said best when Nedra said, everything that John touches turns to gold and as long as he kept makin it theyd keep spending it. Its who you are not what you are there are good and bad from all walks of life. I titally agree though regarding the Midyettes

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares View Post
    Couldnt agree with you more, that proves the point that not always can you tell what the story is till you read the book. Wealth and power has produced some real sludge out of the gene pool each case and individual must be evaluated on its own merits. Ramseys were not dirt poor or mobile home people But Auntie Pam acts more like she has no class at all as I recall the McDonalds , she incident did not even pay for her own coke or meal after braggin how she'd nade her first million. I have met some Mobile home people who have a lot more class and pride. I think it was said best when Nedra said, everything that John touches turns to gold and as long as he kept makin it theyd keep spending it. Its who you are not what you are there are good and bad from all walks of life. I titally agree though regarding the Midyettes
    I couldn't agree more. I grew up in an inner-city slum. Most of the people I met were some of the finest, hardworking, honest and kindest people I have ever known. Now I live in a very affluent area. You couldn't turn your back on some of the people in this town. Unscrupulous, immoral, nasty doesn't do some of them justice. And they are ALL millionaires. Solace, please don't think that people's bank accounts are all that prevent them from being guilty of horrible crimes, even the murder and assault of their own child. Wealth is just that-only money. It is not a moral shield that keep one innocent.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    JR seems like he thought was arrogant and wealthy enough to do whatever he wanted and get away with it.That is NOT to say he killed JB or ever intended to..I just think he molested her and not ever once thought it would be a problem for him.I think they bought off Dr Beuf b/f the murder...they paid him to give JB medical care and look the other way re: sexual abuse.I definitely think JR molested JB and could hide behind his money if it were to ever become a problem for him.that said though...I think he had JB brainwashed to the point where he didn't think she'd ever talk about it,as long as it was something she'd grown up with and thought was normal.I think he has that kind of arrogance..arrogance that comes from a combo of pride and money.and so he thought he was untouchable and could get away with anything.which he did,so to speak.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 467
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
  2. Door-to-door flasher gets 60 days in jail
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 12:53 PM