GUILTY FL - Quatisha Maycock, 5, left in Everglades, killed by alligators, 6 Nov 1998

White Rain

Reaction score
What a true monster. The only justice here would be to feed his a$$ to the gators and to smile while he screams. That poor child.

MIAMI - A man who had been released from prison early for good behavior was convicted Tuesday of trying to kill a young mother and leaving her 5-year-old daughter to be eaten alive by alligators in the Everglades.
Harrel Franklin Braddy had befriended Shandelle Maycock and her daughter Quatisha. Maycock testified that Braddy went to her home in November 1998 and grew enraged when she asked him to leave.
He choked Maycock until she was unconscious and then forced her and Quatisha into his car, the woman testified. At one point, Maycock gained consciousness, grabbed the child and jumped out of the moving vehicle.
Braddy stopped, choked the woman again and put her in the trunk, she testified. Maycock never saw her daughter again. Prosecutors said Braddy then drove to a section of Interstate 75 in the Everglades known as Alligator Alley and dropped Quatisha in the water beside the road.
She was alive when alligators bit her on the head and stomach, a medical examiner said. more at link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19818078/

omg... this story just breaks my heart that poor child . she must have suffered so badly . i am just in tears over this

I am just speechless..........................We read horrible things everyday, I thought nothing would horrify & shock me anymore............I was so wrong

Dear lord.. that poor little girl. I just cant imagine what she endured. This has got to be one of the most horrific things I have ever heard. There is no torture that would suffice in this case. This man should be put in the gators cage where there is no escape and no water in which he could drown and take the easy way out. Let his sentance be to endure what this child experienced but on a daily basis for a lifetime ... death would be too kind for him.. sorry I know that sounds harsh but I am sick of hearing of these parents/boyfriends/SO's that take out their sickness on a child.

That poor little girl. Why do people get in relationships with ex-cons when they have children ? :furious: I'm so sick of reading people taking strangers over their kids they are suppose to love and protect.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
(snipped) This man should be put in the gators cage where there is no escape and no water in which he could drown and take the easy way out. Let his sentance be to endure what this child experienced but on a daily basis for a lifetime ... death would be too kind for him.. sorry I know that sounds harsh but I am sick of hearing of these parents/boyfriends/SO's that take out their sickness on a child.

"Braddy had served 13 years of a 30-year prison sentence for attempted murder before being released early for good behavior."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Florida State Law mandates that an Inmate must serve at least 85% of their sentence. Is this fuzzy math are what?!

And what about the murder charges? 7 Counts?! I am lost on this one. Livid too.

I've read some horrible things here, but this one did me in. :(

God Bless Quatisha. :angel:

Dear lord.. that poor little girl. I just cant imagine what she endured. This has got to be one of the most horrific things I have ever heard. There is no torture that would suffice in this case. This man should be put in the gators cage where there is no escape and no water in which he could drown and take the easy way out. Let his sentance be to endure what this child experienced but on a daily basis for a lifetime ... death would be too kind for him.. sorry I know that sounds harsh but I am sick of hearing of these parents/boyfriends/SO's that take out their sickness on a child.

:clap: I like your way of thinking opme!! :clap:

"Braddy had served 13 years of a 30-year prison sentence for attempted murder before being released early for good behavior."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Florida State Law mandates that an Inmate must serve at least 85% of their sentence. Is this fuzzy math are what?!

And what about the murder charges? 7 Counts?! I am lost on this one. Livid too.
20 years ago florida law was diffrent.

Braddy had served 13 years of a 30-year prison sentence for attempted murder before being released early for good behavior.
The trial had been delayed for nearly nine years because Braddy has fired several attorneys and represented himself at one point. His attorney, G.P. Della Feram, declined to comment
13+9

as for the 7 counts only 1 was murder.
Braddy was convicted of seven counts including first-degree murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, burglary and escape. He faces the death penalty.

20 years ago florida law was diffrent.

13+9

as for the 7 counts only 1 was murder.

This was ten years ago, not twenty. Well after the Stop Turning Out Prisoners Law went into effect in 1996 that ensured that all prisoners serve at least 85%of their sentence. And he has yet to go to trial on the murder charge.

This was ten years ago, not twenty. Well after the Stop Turning Out Prisoners Law went into effect in 1996 that ensured that all prisoners serve at least 85%of their sentence. And he has yet to go to trial on the murder charge.
if he was convicted in 85 he would begin earning "gain time" he would earn that until 96 when the law changed. they can not take away time he had already earned when the law changed. for 11 years he got extra credit for not killing any1 in jail. the 20+ years i spoke of was how long ago he went to prison, not when he got out. enter in 85. gets out in 98. kills again. delays 9 years. 2007 convicted again.

Braddy was convicted of seven counts including first-degree murder

What a sick, sick thing to do. I hope that poor child didn't know what was going on. Why?

Okay - had to go search out articles with more details, but I'm still :eek: over this one.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cadman777/repeating_crimes.htm

From 1998

Braddy, 49, would have been released at age 69 had he not been handed a get-out-of-jail free card in March 1997.

"What's the propensity at 69 to be abducting a 22-year-old woman and a 5-year-old child?" Brickman asked. "We don't see a lot of 69 year-old attempted murderers in the world or robbers. Every additional year they spend in jail reduces the likelihood of them committing another crime."

According to Wells, spending enough time in prison could actually rehabilitate some criminals. "The whole approach to punishment is, hopefully, that a person is going to learn their lesson," he said.

Then there are those who feel that evil will prevail, regardless of the number of years served.

"If you could commit a violent crime like this, more than likely you're going to do it again," said Shea Maycock, who grieves for Quatisha and is helping nurse her cousin, Shandelle, back to health.

Braddy, who is back in jail on charges of first-degree murder, felony child neglect, kidnapping, burglary, attempted murder and attempted escape, could be sentenced to death if convicted of killing Quatisha.

Shea Maycock said she would like to see him get the death penalty.

"Actually, I want him to be tortured before he dies."

You know IMO who cares if you have good behavior in jail or if jail has "changed" you..Serve the time you are given no matter what. I wonder how many cases out there that people commit another crime when released early from jail. God Bless this little child:mad:

You know IMO who cares if you have good behavior in jail or if jail has "changed" you..Serve the time you are given no matter what. I wonder how many cases out there that people commit another crime when released early from jail. God Bless this little child:mad:

From same link above.........

"A grass-roots organization called Stop Turning Out Prisoners found that during a three-year period in the early 1990s more than 100 killings were committed state-wide by inmates released early from prison. The crimes occurred during a time when the criminals would still have been behind bars, if not for early release provisions, said Manatee County Sheriff Charlie Wells, who founded the organization in 1990.

"There could be an exception, but I don't know of when . . . . Had these inmates been serving their sentences, these homicides would not have occurred," said Wells, a 32 year law enforcement veteran."

thanx for the link river. i looked and looked for a older article and couldnt find 1.

the thing i never understand is what is good behavior in jail? unless they locked him up with a young mother and a 5 year old why would think how he acted in jail matters....

WAnted to add something here. I've read lots of books by profilers, psychologists who work with inmates, etc and one thing they repeat over and over is that yes, these guys may show "good behavior" in jail but that is because their triggers/ stressors and opportunites aren't there. Kind of like an alcoholic not having a problem drinking on a deserted island, that's because there's no hooch accessible, now once the guy gets back to civilization with a bar on every corner, he's gonna have a problem again. The perp in this story didn't have a chance in jail to abduct and rape, so he was "good". Soon as he faced a stressor/trigger and an opportunity he took it. Good profilers and psychologists can often judge fairly accurately which inmates will offend again and which ones won't---trouble is there aren't enough "good" doctors doing this and the parole boards are obviously filled with idiots!!!!!!!!!

thanx for the link river. i looked and looked for a older article and couldnt find 1.

the thing i never understand is what is good behavior in jail? unless they locked him up with a young mother and a 5 year old why would think how he acted in jail matters....

EXACTLY!

http://www.news4jax.com/news/14018708/detail.html
MIAMI -- A Miami jury on Friday is expected to begin deliberating the fate of a man convicted of leaving a young girl to be eaten alive by alligators in the Everglades.

Harrel Franklin Braddy had been released from prison a little more than a year before the 1998 kidnapping of Shandelle Maycock and her 5-year-old daughter, Quatisha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back