1362 users online (288 members and 1074 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910

    Mark Geragos Defends Pedophile

    Bianchi's attorney, Mark Geragos, questioned both teens about telling different versions of the stories. The younger boy denied telling different accounts. The older one, who initially told local police that nothing improper happened, bristled.
    "I was ashamed," said the teen, who said he especially wanted to hide the information from his mother.
    Prosecutors say Bianchi, 44, of North Wildwood, N.J., tossed money around the small, picturesque village to ingratiate himself with the local residents. They charge that Bianchi assaulted nearly a dozen teenagers in exchange for money, liquor, gifts and travel, including trips to Cuba and Romania.
    Geragos said hihttp://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SEX_TOURISM?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=USs client was an easy target for blackmail and extortion because he is wealthy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,192
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...tour_case.html

    Geragos also said that Bianchi is a lifelong traveler who liked to visit out-of-the-way places and had never before been in trouble.
    "Nothing ever in his then-41 years on this Earth untoward is ever, ever reported, until he went to this location [in Moldova]," Geragos said. This is not true. Bianchi was convicted in 2000 in Russia for similar crimes against teenage boys. He was sentenced to three years in prison, but released under a general amnesty. Jurors here, however, probably won't hear about what happened in Russia. Generally, such a prior conviction is not admissible during a U.S. trial.
    =========
    more @ link

    ok i get that they can not bring up the prior conviction but they should not be able to lie to the jury and say he never had any problems before.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...tour_case.html

    Geragos also said that Bianchi is a lifelong traveler who liked to visit out-of-the-way places and had never before been in trouble.
    "Nothing ever in his then-41 years on this Earth untoward is ever, ever reported, until he went to this location [in Moldova]," Geragos said. This is not true. Bianchi was convicted in 2000 in Russia for similar crimes against teenage boys. He was sentenced to three years in prison, but released under a general amnesty. Jurors here, however, probably won't hear about what happened in Russia. Generally, such a prior conviction is not admissible during a U.S. trial.
    =========
    more @ link

    ok i get that they can not bring up the prior conviction but they should not be able to lie to the jury and say he never had any problems before.
    Geragos makes me ill!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    ok i get that they can not bring up the prior conviction but they should not be able to lie to the jury and say he never had any problems before.
    That is curious to me as well. I would like to hear exactly what he stated in opening arguments. Attorneys are very careful about language and I did not think attorneys could outright lie in Court.

    Usually, the attorneys say "We believe the evidence will show....." and I guess an argument could be made that the evidence allowed in this trial will indeed not show of any similar prior convictions.

    It is a defense attorney's job to "muddy the waters" so to speak and place doubt in the minds of the jurors about the prosecution's case. In this regard, defense attorneys have an "easier" job than prosecuting attorneys.

    It sounds like the state has some good evidence - 8 involved witnesses is a big deal. I don't know much about Mark Geragos, except that he's high profile and knows what he's doing. Good luck to the Pros with this case!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,280
    From one dirt bag to another one. I am sure he will get this one off so he can go out and destroy more lives. Makes me sick.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,338

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    It sounds like the state has some good evidence - 8 involved witnesses is a big deal. I don't know much about Mark Geragos, except that he's high profile and knows what he's doing. Good luck to the Pros with this case!
    I sincerely hope you are kidding about Mark Geragos knowing what he is doing. He couldn't even get Winona Ryder off on a shop lifting charge! And let's not forget how "well" he did for Scott Peterson.

    He's high profile all right, and he's also "high profile common sense stupid" too!

    I hope this guy that Geragos is defending has no major plans for the next 20 years of his life, because if he does, he may want to change them, POST HASTE!!!!!!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,769
    Geragos has gone as low as he can go and IMO, can now be confirmed as an idiot. ANYONE who defends a pedophile is sick.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,711
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Geragos has gone as low as he can go and IMO, can now be confirmed as an idiot. ANYONE who defends a pedophile is sick.

    UM.. it would ruin our concept of justice to not defend someone.
    Which version of truth would you rather have?

  9. #9
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...testifies.html

    Moldovan teens tell of encounters with S. Jersey man in sex case

  10. #10
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    N.J. bizman's trial on sex charges opens

    In March 2005, a U.S. customs agent inspected Anthony Mark Bianchi's luggage after an overseas trip to Moldova and found condoms, sexual lubricants, a children's game and a suspicious note.
    Yesterday, during opening arguments in Bianchi's trial, Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Levy read the note to the jury.

    It said: "In the future, you can depend on me for anything that you may need. I have tried to teach you life's valuable lesson - the meaning of true friendship - compromise, trust and understanding.

    "I wish you good things, only good things. Your friend always, All the best, Mark."

    At the end of the note Bianchi had appended a smiley-face caricature.

    Levy showed the note to jurors and said it illustrated how Bianchi ingratiated himself with boys from poor European countries whom he is accused of sexually abusing on overseas trips.


    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...ges_opens.html


  11. #11
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    Attorney Geragos draws a crowd

    One legal journal calls him one of the country's "marquee" lawyers.
    And Los Angeles attorney Mark Geragos has the client list to back up the lofty description.


    and

    Just last week, a federal judge in California removed him from the case of a defense contractor charged with fraud because he refused to submit to a background check that would have allowed him to see classified information.

    Now, Geragos is in federal court here, defending a man who is charged with traveling overseas to have sex with young boys.

    During the trial's opening yesterday, the courtroom was packed with spectators.

    Most of them - some aspiring lawyers - were there to see Geragos.


    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...s_a_crowd.html

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,080
    So ole "Hollywood" smoke and mirrors is at it again. Cases must be hard to get ahold of these days for the famous dirt bag attorney. I see that he is on different shows lately as a talking head now and then. He stayed off TV shows for quite a while after the Peterson trial.

    I wonder what he thinks he can do for this pervert when there are so many witnesses to tell of the things this man did? Glad they aren't showing this trial on CTV. I'd have to turn the channel as I can't stand to look at that disgusting defense attorney. And he will get up there and lie and think nothing of it.

  13. #13
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    Bobbi,

    He thinks we've all forgotten how he handled Peterson's case. He's already lying by saying his client has never been in trouble before and he has some big conspiracy thing about the other country going after his client because he is wealthy. He has a vivid imagination...remember the satanic cult theory in the Laci Peterson case?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,338

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Bobbi,

    He thinks we've all forgotten how he handled Peterson's case
    . He's already lying by saying his client has never been in trouble before and he has some big conspiracy thing about the other country going after his client because he is wealthy. He has a vivid imagination...remember the satanic cult theory in the Laci Peterson case?

    Or maybe he'd like to forget how "well" he handled Scott Peterson's case!!! He was so good, he couldn't even be at his client's side when he was convicted of two counts of murder. He was also so well prepared for the penalty part of the trial, that he had to get a two week delay so he could go find anyone to help spare Scott the needle!

    I wouldn't have him represent me on a jay walking ticket. I'd probably end up doing ten years after he got done "defending" me!!!!!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by the original tez View Post
    I sincerely hope you are kidding about Mark Geragos knowing what he is doing. He couldn't even get Winona Ryder off on a shop lifting charge! And let's not forget how "well" he did for Scott Peterson.

    He's high profile all right, and he's also "high profile common sense stupid" too!

    I hope this guy that Geragos is defending has no major plans for the next 20 years of his life, because if he does, he may want to change them, POST HASTE!!!!!!
    He didn't get Winona and Mark off because they were guilty and the evidence showed that and a jury agreed. This does not mean he's not an experienced defense attorney who knows what he's doing (ie - his way around a courtroom). He will make the Pros work hard for a verdict - which is good - just like he did with the Pros in the Winona and Petersen cases.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast