CA - Girls set cat on fire, cat fighting for life. Santa Rosa, 2007

So sad...I am so surprised the cat had made it this far.
I really don't understand people's cruelty.

COTATI, Calif. (AP) -- A 3-month-old cat is clinging to life at a Sonoma County animal hospital after having been set on fire by two teenage girls who now face charges of animal cruelty.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAT_BURNING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Photo of the poor cat at link
This is one case where I would like to see an eye for an eye ~ and have the same punishment put upon those teenagers. I just can't tolerate people like them. I don't know if I can even look at that photo. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Who raises such children?????? Where does the cruelty come from??? I just don't understand how anyone can listen to such a small kitten shrieking in pain and laugh about it. I shudder to think these girls would someday become mothers.

This is one case where I would like to see an eye for an eye ~ and have the same punishment put upon those teenagers. I just can't tolerate people like them. I don't know if I can even look at that photo. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I AGREE!!! SET THE LITTLE *advertiser censored* ON FIRE AND WE'LL ALL STAND AROUND AND LAUGH.

I hurt when I read these stories and to think that someone enjoyed it just blows my mind away!!

I AGREE!!! SET THE LITTLE *advertiser censored* ON FIRE AND WE'LL ALL STAND AROUND AND LAUGH.

I hurt when I read these stories and to think that someone enjoyed it just blows my mind away!!

Let me know where the line forms for tickets to this "SHOW". These brats need locked up.

My cats were abandonded on our property about 6 years ago, a mom & her 2 babies. We kept them, got them spayed, etc., the same goes for my dog, Lady, somebody abandoned her in March, now she is my other "kid" and we love her so.

I'm with you LisainWV, I ache inside when I read stuff like this. I just can't believe that I can love animals so much and others can treat them with such hate and disgust.

That brings tears to my eyes... we have a family of purring kitty kids and that little darling looks like my Elphie... it just wrenched at my heart. :( I simply can't understand how people can be so darn cruel!!!!!!!!!!!

These girls need to have their arses spanked. I'm not one who believes in spanking but honestly these two need to be punished and need intensive therapy.

Or just give them some type of drug that makes them feel as if they are on fire but doesn't actually injure them. Just imagine what they might do to a child or perceived teen girl enemy. It's scary.

I can't bring myself to click on the link.

Sometimes when I read all of the stuff here I end up carrying it and am sad too much of the day so I don't want to see that pic.

I have 6 rescues. 4 dogs, 2 cats. I used to foster for several organizations but don't anymore cause A: I've got a full house and B: It became increasingly harder to give them up when a home was found. I started years ago in Charleston when the company that I worked for really encouraged you do volunteer work to the point that you earned extra vacation time for volunteering! Now that's a great company! So, I worked at the shelter. I took pics of the new dogs each week and updated their website. Of course, you maxed out after you earned an extra 3 days I think it was, but by that time you were so into your 'cause' that you did it willingly and the volunteer work was its own reward. Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic!

I absolutely don't understand, and never, ever will, how anyone can abuse an animal and get JOY out of it. It breaks my heart. I wish there was some real justifiable punishment for what these girls have done.

Agree with Lisa--There should be a punishment that fits the crime--too bad a judge can't order these girls to have their hands forced down on a burning stove, or maybe have someone use a branding iron on them--they'll never really learn their lesson otherwise

Same here, Panth!

I'm wondering if they would understand the consequenses of their actions if they were placed alone for a day and a night in a Wildlife Preserve with 100's of Wild Lions and Tigers roaming free around them...

Even up the odds a little and let them see how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot...

It infuriates me to witness cruelty period and it makes my blood boil to see it happen to the defenseless...

Who raises such children?????? Where does the cruelty come from??? I just don't understand how anyone can listen to such a small kitten shrieking in pain and laugh about it. I shudder to think these girls would someday become mothers.

Their momma's need to give them a big ole slap upside the head. Their butts need to be so raw they can't sit for days.

This breaks my heart. I really think there should be harsher punishment for animal abusers. Its getting ridiculous. Animals cant help themselves so they need someone who will. If my child did something like this I just dont know what I would do. My son thinks I am running a wildlife refuge over here lol, we have stray cats who are no longer strays because they are our babies, a turtle, fish, and a rabbit. Oh and let me add that my house is clean haha not like those stories you hear of the houses full of animals and filfth. My husband says he doesnt know how I do it with 3 kids and the pets lol.

Poor poor cat. Pretty much all of our animals come from shelters/or rescued from abandonment. We got our one cat 8 years ago from the local shelter, and they had mentioned he was abused and like to run away alot. Well we pretty much knew he prolly kept running away because of the abuse. It took darn near 6 months before the cat would let my husband pet him and give him luvins, the fear our cat had to overcome. Recently we have been having a cat come to our house to get some food and water and to find out a family in our neighborhood kicked the cat out because he wasnt fixed and was creating a huge stink. Animal cruelty makes me so upset and if i had a huge house i would take even more in. My heart goes out to this little kitten as it tries to recovery.

Poor poor cat. Pretty much all of our animals come from shelters/or rescued from abandonment. We got our one cat 8 years ago from the local shelter, and they had mentioned he was abused and like to run away alot. Well we pretty much knew he prolly kept running away because of the abuse. It took darn near 6 months before the cat would let my husband pet him and give him luvins, the fear our cat had to overcome. Recently we have been having a cat come to our house to get some food and water and to find out a family in our neighborhood kicked the cat out because he wasnt fixed and was creating a huge stink. Animal cruelty makes me so upset and if i had a huge house i would take even more in. My heart goes out to this little kitten as it tries to recovery.

Wish I could have more cats. We have 2. At least I'm fortunate enough to have a BF that likes cats. Most of the guys I dated before him didn't like them. I'm a sucker for strays. I'll leave them food out and my BF says cut it out. I'm sorry I just gotta feed them. I would hope if one of my cats got lost someone would feed them.

Their momma's need to give them a big ole slap upside the head. Their butts need to be so raw they can't sit for days.

I agree. I don't like spankings but these kids need to be taken out behind the wood shed. I know a few good old country boys that could fix them. How can kids be so cruel to animals? :banghead:

I agree. I don't like spankings but these kids need to be taken out behind the wood shed. I know a few good old country boys that could fix them. How can kids be so cruel to animals? :banghead:

Frickin' beats me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back