614 users online (54 members and 560 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Girls set cat on fire, cat fighting for life. Santa Rosa, 2007

COTATI, Calif. (AP) -- A 3-month-old cat is clinging to life at a Sonoma County animal hospital after having been set on fire by two teenage girls who now face charges of animal cruelty.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Photo of the poor cat at link

So sad...I am so surprised the cat had made it this far.
    I really don't understand people's cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    COTATI, Calif. (AP) -- A 3-month-old cat is clinging to life at a Sonoma County animal hospital after having been set on fire by two teenage girls who now face charges of animal cruelty.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Photo of the poor cat at link
    This is one case where I would like to see an eye for an eye ~ and have the same punishment put upon those teenagers. I just can't tolerate people like them. I don't know if I can even look at that photo.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Who raises such children?????? Where does the cruelty come from??? I just don't understand how anyone can listen to such a small kitten shrieking in pain and laugh about it. I shudder to think these girls would someday become mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    This is one case where I would like to see an eye for an eye ~ and have the same punishment put upon those teenagers. I just can't tolerate people like them. I don't know if I can even look at that photo.

I AGREE!!! SET THE LITTLE *****ES ON FIRE AND WE'LL ALL STAND AROUND AND LAUGH.

I hurt when I read these stories and to think that someone enjoyed it just blows my mind away!!

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post

I hurt when I read these stories and to think that someone enjoyed it just blows my mind away!!
    Let me know where the line forms for tickets to this "SHOW". These brats need locked up.

My cats were abandonded on our property about 6 years ago, a mom & her 2 babies. We kept them, got them spayed, etc., the same goes for my dog, Lady, somebody abandoned her in March, now she is my other "kid" and we love her so.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I'm with you LisainWV, I ache inside when I read stuff like this. I just can't believe that I can love animals so much and others can treat them with such hate and disgust.

That brings tears to my eyes... we have a family of purring kitty kids and that little darling looks like my Elphie... it just wrenched at my heart. I simply can't understand how people can be so darn cruel!!!!!!!!!!!

These girls need to have their arses spanked. I'm not one who believes in spanking but honestly these two need to be punished and need intensive therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post

Or just give them some type of drug that makes them feel as if they are on fire but doesn't actually injure them. Just imagine what they might do to a child or perceived teen girl enemy. It's scary.

I can't bring myself to click on the link.

Sometimes when I read all of the stuff here I end up carrying it and am sad too much of the day so I don't want to see that pic.

I have 6 rescues. 4 dogs, 2 cats. I used to foster for several organizations but don't anymore cause A: I've got a full house and B: It became increasingly harder to give them up when a home was found. I started years ago in Charleston when the company that I worked for really encouraged you do volunteer work to the point that you earned extra vacation time for volunteering! Now that's a great company! So, I worked at the shelter. I took pics of the new dogs each week and updated their website. Of course, you maxed out after you earned an extra 3 days I think it was, but by that time you were so into your 'cause' that you did it willingly and the volunteer work was its own reward. Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic!

I absolutely don't understand, and never, ever will, how anyone can abuse an animal and get JOY out of it. It breaks my heart. I wish there was some real justifiable punishment for what these girls have done.
    I once was lost, but now I'm found and I don't know how I survived without Milk Bones and fluffy pillows...Frank (a loving rescued dog)

Agree with Lisa--There should be a punishment that fits the crime--too bad a judge can't order these girls to have their hands forced down on a burning stove, or maybe have someone use a branding iron on them--they'll never really learn their lesson otherwise

I can't stand it when this chit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Same here, Panth!

I'm wondering if they would understand the consequenses of their actions if they were placed alone for a day and a night in a Wildlife Preserve with 100's of Wild Lions and Tigers roaming free around them...

Even up the odds a little and let them see how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot...

It infuriates me to witness cruelty period and it makes my blood boil to see it happen to the defenseless...
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Who raises such children?????? Where does the cruelty come from??? I just don't understand how anyone can listen to such a small kitten shrieking in pain and laugh about it. I shudder to think these girls would someday become mothers.

Their momma's need to give them a big ole slap upside the head. Their butts need to be so raw they can't sit for days.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast