Peru, New York; Father runs over, kills 1 year-old son

These stories are so tragic d_s.....the same accident hapened in our town one Christmas day a while back....an ambulance driver was called to an accident and backed over his own child while in a hurry to help someone else.....the child died instantly:(

These stories are so tragic d_s.....the same accident hapened in our town one Christmas day a while back....an ambulance driver was called to an accident and backed over his own child while in a hurry to help someone else.....the child died instantly:(

My very dear sweet Dingo,:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
What a tragedy! It seems that it has been happening alot lately.
All of my Love and Respect to you Dingo,
dark_shadows

My very dear sweet Dingo,:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
What a tragedy! It seems that it has been happening alot lately.
All of my Love and Respect to you Dingo,
dark_shadows

You are so right about that, dark_shadows...and it is unspeakably sad because it is almost always a parent or other close relative behind the wheel.

I do feel like a lot has been done in the past several years to raise awareness of these types of accidents - and, of course, many of the newer larger cars now have the option of having sensors installed.

This is one of those accident-waiting-to-happen situations that my husband and I are very aware of. My kids are older now, but neither of us back up unless we see them standing with the other parent. My prayers to this family.

Our 4wd has many blind spots.....we dont have small children but I always walk around the vechical before I drive off.

You are so right about that, dark_shadows...and it is unspeakably sad because it is almost always a parent or other close relative behind the wheel.

I do feel like a lot has been done in the past several years to raise awareness of these types of accidents - and, of course, many of the newer larger cars now have the option of having sensors installed.

This is one of those accident-waiting-to-happen situations that my husband and I are very aware of. My kids are older now, but neither of us back up unless we see them standing with the other parent. My prayers to this family.
Very dear Southcitymom,:blowkiss:
Just this weekend, our local news did a story on blindspots and the death tolls of people killed in that manner. You are right, it is almost always a parent or close relative.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

This is just heartbreaking, and it never seems to stop hurting to hear about it again.

My friends car has a small screen and cameras that show you what is behind you. I think they should be installed in all vehicles. Or maybe alarms that sound if you come within a certain distance of something solid.

My friends car has a small screen and cameras that show you what is behind you. I think they should be installed in all vehicles. Or maybe alarms that sound if you come within a certain distance of something solid.

I have heard it costs a pretty penny to install these cameras and sensors. I too would love to see them become standard in all vehicles, but I still fear that, even if that were the case, there would be human error. However, maybe we wouldn't lose as many children to such a horrible end.

I sure feel bad for this Dad & the family of course.

A worker for our local telephone company backed up and ran over a child many years ago. Immediately, the Company put a policy in place where a driver of a Company vehicle puts 2 orange cones at the back of the truck whenever they park. It forces them to go to the back of the truck and pick them up (and be more observant) before leaving.

I sure feel bad for this Dad & the family of course.

A worker for our local telephone company backed up and ran over a child many years ago. Immediately, the Company put a policy in place where a driver of a Company vehicle puts 2 orange cones at the back of the truck whenever they park. It forces them to go to the back of the truck and pick them up (and be more observant) before leaving.

I always check behind my car before getting in!
Not really for my children now that they are older... but my neighbor has young children and dogs sometimes wonder out of their yards here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back