1082 users online (270 members and 812 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jena 6

Is anyone here following this trial in Jena, Louisiana?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/servic...ck=1&cset=true

Racism Raises It's Ugly Head ih Jena, Louisiana

This is on the homepage of the Barak Obama Report:

http://www.thebarackobamareport.com/...-raises-i.html

From The Article.......

The trouble in Jena started with the nooses. Then it rumbled along the town's jagged racial fault lines. Finally, it exploded into months of violence between blacks and whites.

Now the 3,000 residents of this small lumber and oil town deep in the heart of central Louisiana are confronting Old South racial demons many thought had long ago been put to rest.

One morning last September, students arrived at the local high school to find three hangman's nooses dangling from a tree in the courtyard.

The tree was on the side of the campus that, by long-standing tradition, had always been claimed by white students, who make up more than 80 percent of the 460 students. But a few of the school's 85 black students had decided to challenge the accepted state of things and asked school administrators if they, too, could sit beneath the tree's cooling shade.

"Sit wherever you want," school officials told them. The next day, the nooses were hanging from the branches.

AN interesting read:
    http://www.thebarackobamareport.com/...-raises-i.html

I guess the good ole boy deep south racism is rearing its ugly head in Jena.

My goodness, hanging noose from a tree, a prank.

It seems like the black people in this town need bodyguards to live there.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw View Post
    I guess the good ole boy deep south racism is rearing its ugly head in Jena.

My goodness, hanging noose from a tree, a prank.

It seems like the black people in this town need bodyguards to live there.

Racism exists everywhere. It isn't just a deep south problem.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

They are carrying this story in the U.K. and Germany. This is a huge case of injustice and our mainstream media doesn't seem to give a $$$$. Oh, well.....Breaking news: another hiccup from Lindsay or Paris or Britney...............

Ok I don't get this at all pedophiles don't get this kind of time? Second degree murder doesn't get this kind of time. Are these people living in the 19th century?

That's the kind of racism that doesn't make it big in the media broadcasts because it is so ugly! Something like Michael Vick gets tons of press. I haven't even heard of this case until it was brought up on a Vick thread. I'm surprised Cal hasn't posted on this one. And some people wonder why some blacks have the attitudes they do about whites....not only is their treatment historical, it still happens today. I find that embarrassing and shameful. Those that argue/blame blacks always play the race card should be on this thread too. Funny that no one has posted here that are making so much noise about blacks defending Vick haven't said a word here. Amazing this thread only has 7 posts and was started weeks ago...seems everyone would rather argue *IF* Vick is being judged before his trial because he's black. Yet no one wants to talk about this.

How can vick an animal cruelty case be racial? I read a little about it when it first happened big flipping deal. There are people being murdered, raped, tortured who cares about an ass that has more money than he knows what to do with. As far as blacks having a right to feel the way the do I am not sure I agree with you our whole society is full of cr*p. Little children should not be raped, abused, killed, nor pregnant women or teen age girls going to the store for a birthday gift. IT ALL SU*Ks. And it really seems to me the majority of this depravity is white on white.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    That's the kind of racism that doesn't make it big in the media broadcasts because it is so ugly! Something like Michael Vick gets tons of press. I haven't even heard of this case until it was brought up on a Vick thread. I'm surprised Cal hasn't posted on this one. And some people wonder why some blacks have the attitudes they do about whites....not only is their treatment historical, it still happens today. I find that embarrassing and shameful. Those that argue/blame blacks always play the race card should be on this thread too. Funny that no one has posted here that are making so much noise about blacks defending Vick haven't said a word here. Amazing this thread only has 7 posts and was started weeks ago...seems everyone would rather argue *IF* Vick is being judged before his trial because he's black. Yet no one wants to talk about this.
    That's exactly why I brought it up. Jannuncutt pointed me to this thread, so I posted a snip of the article thinking maybe that was the reason that there were NO responses. Oh well, it's not just here, it's everywhere...NO ONE wants to talk about it, these are the kind of issues that we should see on the evening news. This case is an outrage!!

There is an online petition that you can sign here:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/aZ51CqmR/petition.html

Quote Originally Posted by mom3dd View Post
    How can vick an animal cruelty case be racial? I read a little about it when it first happened big flipping deal. There are people being murdered, raped, tortured who cares about an ass that has more money than he knows what to do with. As far as blacks having a right to feel the way the do I am not sure I agree with you our whole society is full of cr*p. Little children should not be raped, abused, killed, nor pregnant women or teen age girls going to the store for a birthday gift. IT ALL SU*Ks. And it really seems to me the majority of this depravity is white on white.
    I agree momdd...but if you've followed the Vick thread, it has become a race issue. It is NOT! I see no reason why race even got into that thread. It IS about animal cruelty.

Battling Modern Day Jim Corw: The Jena 6

http://www.alternet.org/rights/58989/

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    I agree momdd...but if you've followed the Vick thread, it has become a race issue. It is NOT! I see no reason why race even got into that thread. It IS about animal cruelty.
    It got into that thread because the article linked indicated that the NAACP was contacted as to how to handle the indictment of a colored man not a dogfighter.

As to Jena 6, I can't get the links on my computer here, but I am trying to understand the situation and when I know more have no doubt I will be a sad and outraged as the rest here.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...0309/1002/NEWS

Sharpton Calls for an End to Jena's Double Standards

Well, the Shreveport Times has suddenly decided to report on the Jena 6. You know, this case dates back to last fall. Why are they just now getting to it? One might come to the conclusion that it is because Sharpton and Jackson have gotten involved. Certain types just love to hate them that much! They are so vested in their hatred for these two that they end up making the story about them and not the issue. Well...........if that is what it takes to get this case into the mainstream media - so be it!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast