1085 users online (228 members and 857 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OH - Malakai Glenn, 18 mos, beaten to death, Cincinnati, 27 June 2007

link
    CINCINNATI A judge ruled that a teenager will be tried as an adult for the death of an 18-month old boy he is accused of repeatedly swinging against a wall because he was frustrated with the child's toilet training.
    Derris Smith, 18, the live-in boyfriend of the child's mother, has been charged with murder. He was 17 on June 27, when authorities say he delivered the beating that led to Malakai Glenn's death four days later.
    The boy's mother, 20-year-old Sasha Glenn, testified Wednesday that the impact of the child hitting the wall left drywall stuck to his head and cracked a wooden door.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
    link
    CINCINNATI A judge ruled that a teenager will be tried as an adult for the death of an 18-month old boy he is accused of repeatedly swinging against a wall because he was frustrated with the child's toilet training.
    Derris Smith, 18, the live-in boyfriend of the child's mother, has been charged with murder. He was 17 on June 27, when authorities say he delivered the beating that led to Malakai Glenn's death four days later.
    The boy's mother, 20-year-old Sasha Glenn, testified Wednesday that the impact of the child hitting the wall left drywall stuck to his head and cracked a wooden door.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows
    That's sick and yet another example of a mother neglecting her child by leaving them with a live in boyfriend!

Did anyone ever read the case about the little boy that was in foster care and his foster parents were trying desperately to adopt him. He was given back to his bio mother and he was beaten to death with couch pillows by her boyfriend over potty training? I can't remember his name but I cried for hours reading his story and how his foster mom keeps up his grave.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I think they should take people like that and tie their ureters off so they can't pee and let the bladder fill up until it explodes.

With people like that, I just could care less what happens to them, but jail is just simply too easy of a way out for these low lifes!!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    That's sick and yet another example of a mother neglecting her child by leaving them with a live in boyfriend!
    A blue million mothers leave their kids with live in boyfriends every single day. (I have done it, as well.) Thankfully, their boyfriends aren't loose cannons like this one's was.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

WTF? Toilet training an 18 month old? That's ridiculous. That's still a BABY.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Some are ready at 18 mos, others not until they are 3. The child will let you know when they are ready. It can't be forced on them and it varies with each child. My niece was potty trained at 13 months. My sons not until 2, and 2 1/2.
    That poor baby! Where do these monsters come from?

Out of six kids in my daycare, I think only two were not yet using the potty by 18 months. The other two were about done by 20 and 24 months, respectively.

I think it depends on how much time you have to spend with them and how much fun you make the training. Certainly getting stressed and angry like this guy was would make it horribly ineffective!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

i dont care if the child is 6years old. my son is 8 and still has a accident if he is playing games and wait to long. never fails if he waits till the last second his sister will be in the bathroom. 8 years old and i have to wash his clothes cuz he couldnt pull his self away from a game til the last second. amazingly the idea of bashing his head into the wall never came to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    i dont care if the child is 6years old. my son is 8 and still has a accident if he is playing games and wait to long. never fails if he waits till the last second his sister will be in the bathroom. 8 years old and i have to wash his clothes cuz he couldnt pull his self away from a game til the last second. amazingly the idea of bashing his head into the wall never came to me.

Exactly Sherri!!
    I never worried about potty training.
    I have yet to meet any HS student who was not Potty Trained!

I really don't understand why people stress over it??

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Did anyone ever read the case about the little boy that was in foster care and his foster parents were trying desperately to adopt him. He was given back to his bio mother and he was beaten to death with couch pillows by her boyfriend over potty training? I can't remember his name but I cried for hours reading his story and how his foster mom keeps up his grave.

That little boy was Bradley McGee- I cried for days over that one too.

That was my first thought. This baby would have no concept of what he was supposed to do. Kids let you know when they are ready. I think boys sometimes take a little longer than girls to toilet train. However, I wouldn't even have thought of trying to train the baby until he was at least 24 months old.

This guy and his girlfriend (the baby's mother) are total idiots. Was the mother there when this happened? If so, she should be charged, too.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/307180013

The mother was there, they were sleeping while that baby was sitting on the toilet. Ohio didn't know if they were going to charge the boyfriend as an adult - he was 17 on the day he murdered the baby and has since turned 18. This sickens me. She needs to be charged with murder also. She is pregnant again, by the boyfriend.

I wonder, in the 18 months that baby was alive, if he ever felt true love by anyone. What a sad life he must have had.

Boys take longer to train anyway. A child that actually potty trains before 2 1/2 is very good. My daughter is almost 3...and she is pretty much trained as long as you take her to the bathroom every 2 hours or so. She still wears a pullup at night.

It is extremely rare that a boy potty trains before 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Some are ready at 18 mos, others not until they are 3. The child will let you know when they are ready. It can't be forced on them and it varies with each child. My niece was potty trained at 13 months. My sons not until 2, and 2 1/2.
    That poor baby! Where do these monsters come from?
    How does a 13 month old let you know they are ready? Most 13 month olds have just mastered walking, forget being able to dress themselves, and have a limited amount of words. Are you saying she was wearing no diapers, no pullups, in cotton underwear all day and night with no accidents? Even for a BM? I'm stunned. I was stunned with the 18 month old (which I've never seen with 2 boys and 2 girls of my own and being around many other kids with our families and friends), but 13 months is really stunning. Maybe the difference is in what we all consider "trained".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast