795 users online (128 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Janet Kovacich, 27, Auburn, 8 Sept 1982

Sad story, but at least the police are renewing the effort.
    There's an article in the Sacbee, but I cannot link it. I've tried! Hopefully, one of ya'll computer savvy types can link it.
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 03-05-2005 at 08:51 AM. Reason: fix link, can't do it! UGH!

"Auburn police have arrested Paul Kovacich Jr. in connection with the 1982 death of his wife, Janet.

Kovacich was taken into custody Tuesday night in Foresthill and booked into the Placer County Jail on a no-bail warrant...."

More at link: http://www.kcra.com/news/9796403/detail.html

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

I am very, very interested in finding out what evidence they have agains Kovacich, since they have no body. Placer county seems to be on a kick of prosecuting without a body these days...we'll have to see how it all works out.
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99
    "Auburn police have arrested Paul Kovacich Jr. in connection with the 1982 death of his wife, Janet.

Kovacich was taken into custody Tuesday night in Foresthill and booked into the Placer County Jail on a no-bail warrant...."

More at link: http://www.kcra.com/news/9796403/detail.html

That is wonderful. I'll bet every time this case was re-opened that husband held his breath. Beings he was a cop at the time he probably thought he had covered all of his bases.

I hope that this Janet receives justice. Now if we could just get justice for our other Janet in Durham.

Just in case anyone else is interested, I did find out that Kovacich is scheduled to return to court at 1pm October 19th in Dept 13 at the Placer County Superior Court! I'll try and be there!!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Niner
    Just in case anyone else is interested, I did find out that Kovacich is scheduled to return to court at 1pm October 19th in Dept 13 at the Placer County Superior Court! I'll try and be there!!
    I'm not far from you... I'm in Sacramento! I would love it if you could keep me up to date... I only catch what I can on the local news shows / websites. And Janet does deserve justice!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Just wanted to put up an update... I stopped by my local library and checked that book, Nature Noir, where this case is discussed in one of the chapters! I was curious in what it has to say. Still planning on attending on oct 19th - unless that is just for jury selection - no, that court date is probably just for him to GET a court date to start his trial... hmmm... I'll have to investigate that and see. Maybe I'll just go anyway! LOL! I remember I attended a couple of the court hearings on Garcia, and in one of them, I looked up from scribbling some notes - and he was staring straight at me!! but I kept my cool... starting straight back at him until he turned away... LOL!! I met Christie's mom, dad, and sister at one of these hearings... hmm... this forum doesn't have a "hug" icon... who do I talk to about this??!!

Cheers everyone - have a good afternoon~
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

Thanks for the update Niner! It's just a sad shame Janet has had to wait all these years for justice...

Kovacich may be out on bail soon...
    http://www.auburnjournal.com/article...kovacich17.txt

Nope, he didn't make it - house wasn't worth enough to put up the funds:

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/109568.html

However apparantly his family members have offered up 5 other properties to tack to his bail funds

http://www.auburnjournal.com/article...kovacich18.txt

yes, californiacarrie - he DID get bailed out... next hear for the trial set is February 22nd at 8:30am in Auburn... I probably will not be going to this - but will try to catch the trial when it starts up! At least the opening statements and such!

Kovacich Jailed Again in Alleged Wife Killing

A former Placer County sheriff's deputy was rearrested and remains held without bail in connection with the suspected murder of his wife 25 years ago, Auburn Police authorities said.

~snip~

Thursday's arrest came just hours after Kovacich's latest court appearance, postponing the next step in Kovacich's trial until next month. Citing Couzens' gag order, an Auburn police spokesperson declined to discuss any circumstances surrounding the latest arrest.

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=25834

Well I want to know!!

Me too, chico!! LOL! Okay - I guess the trial date, or another hearing (?) is scheduled for April 10th. I'll try & get to that one - I hope!! I DO have a laptop now... and IF the courtroom has wi-fi access - I'm good to go!! I guess I'll find out if the wi-fi works when I get to court! I wonder if they will let me keep my laptop open?? I could make a "press pass" for Websleuths - couldn't I?? An excuse for having my laptop open and typing - ??!!
    Anyway - just thought I'd bring this to the current page...

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast